Contribute
Register
Noob question here. I reviewed the UUID chapter but didn't see this clearly addressed. Should the SmUUID in Clover be matching the Hardware UUID I see in the System Information, or, are these meant to be separate values?

Thanks!

Noob question here. I reviewed the UUID chapter but didn't see this clearly addressed. Should the SmUUID in Clover be matching the Hardware UUID I see in the System Information, or, are these meant to be separate values?

Thanks!

Yes these two values are meant to be separate - The Hardware UUID value is automatically generated by your system, you have to generate and inject the SmUUID value your self as described in the Guide - Good luck.

I $&%@!$ got iMessage working in El Capitan (OOTB, I did nothing but attempt to start it, just out of curiousity) :headbang: on a separate SSD from my Yosemite SSD...

What do I do? Can I reboot? I'm really afraid too :lol:. If so, what do I do with iMessage? Keep it running and select "re-open closed windows"

If I can successfully keep it running, what do I need to do to get iMessage running on Yosemite? Copy the MLB and ROM info I get from iMessage debug? Use the same SMBIOS info (I believe that I am I checked via clover configurator, and I have not identified anything in my SMBIOS) My system also suffers from the SId bug (GA-Z77X-UD5H) is that going to need to be addressed? I have tried and tried to get iMessage working on my Yosemite install, with zero success. :banghead:.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank you, ~neoN~

Attachments

• Screenshot 2015-09-04 12.17.23.png
    Screenshot 2015-09-04 12.17.23.png
    270.1 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I $&%@!$ got iMessage working in El Capitan (OOTB, I did nothing but attempt to start it, just out of curiousity) :headbang: on a separate SSD from my Yosemite SSD...

What do I do? Can I reboot? I'm really afraid too :lol:. If so, what do I do with iMessage? Keep it running and select "re-open closed windows"

If I can successfully keep it running, what do I need to do to get iMessage running on Yosemite? Copy the MLB and ROM info I get from iMessage debug? Use the same SMBIOS info (I believe that I am I checked via clover configurator, and I have not identified anything in my SMBIOS) My system also suffers from the SId bug (GA-Z77X-UD5H) is that going to need to be addressed? I have tried and tried to get iMessage working on my Yosemite install, with zero success. :banghead:.

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thank you, ~neoN~

You don't have to do anything once you're logged in - thats it! - If you want to transfer your settings over to Yosemite, just run iMessage DeBugger and make a note or print out the results now inject those values in Clover Configurator i.e. ROM, MLB, Serial Number and BoardSerialNumber - remember to inject these values offline, repair permissions, reboot and you're good to go.
Don't worry about going offline you will be still logged into iMsg/F-Time when you reconnect - Congrats!!! :thumbup: and Good luck.

You don't have to do anything once you're logged in - thats it! - If you want to transfer your settings over to Yosemite, just run iMessage DeBugger and make a note or print out the results now inject those values in Clover Configurator i.e. ROM, MLB, Serial Number and BoardSerialNumber - remember to inject these values offline, repair permissions, reboot and you're good to go.
Don't worry about going offline you will be still logged into iMsg/F-Time when you reconnect - Congrats!!! :thumbup: and Good luck.

Do I also need to inject SmUUID, System-id, and Hardware UUID? Anything else?

Thanks for the help..

I was also reading through some of your past post/replies and I also have the generic BoardSerialNumber: CO2140302D5MT31M... Why is iMessage working for me then?

Last edited:
I do not have a real Mac. Is it possible to use the FileNVRAM to make the iMessage working in Yosemite 10.10.5 ? Thanks~

Yes these two values are meant to be separate - The Hardware UUID value is automatically generated by your system, you have to generate and inject the SmUUID value your self as described in the Guide - Good luck.

Great, thanks. I did generate a SmUUID using the uuidgen command. I think I've followed the guide as best I can but I am getting the iMessage error message. I've seen different guidances for whether or not to call Apple. The guide here basically says to not worry about it but the first thing I hear when I call in is a request for my "Mac's" serial number. The post at insanelymac regarding MLB serial logic says not to call Apple. Any thoughts on calling Apple and giving a fake serial? Is there a better or preferred number to call?

Do I also need to inject SmUUID, System-id, and Hardware UUID? Anything else?

Thanks for the help..

I was also reading through some of your past post/replies and I also have the generic BoardSerialNumber: CO2140302D5MT31M... Why is iMessage working for me then?

Read post #4946 again it tells exactly what values to inject - I am surprise you got iMsg to work with that BoardSerialNumber (CO2140302D5MT31M) - Can you send and receive all messages to and from all your contacts as listed, did you get the code from Apple to pair your iPhone or iPad (if you own either of these) with your Hack?

If the current setup is fully working as it should, then carry on but I am so intrigued as how, as you say you got it working with that S/N.

Read post #4946 again it tells exactly what values to inject - I am surprise you got iMsg to work with that BoardSerialNumber (CO2140302D5MT31M) - Can you send and receive all messages to and from all your contacts as listed, did you get the code from Apple to pair your iPhone or iPad (if you own either of these) with your Hack?

If the current setup is fully working as it should, then carry on but I am so intrigued as how, as you say you got it working with that S/N.

I can send and receive messages from the contacts I've tried; both iMessage and SMS.. And yes I got and successfully entered the code on my Hack and my sent/received messages show up on both my iPhone and my MBA...

Like I said, I didn't do anything other than try to login, out of curiosity, on my fresh (Clover) install of El Capitan.. I am still to chicken to reboot, until I need to, or a power outage :lol: because I too, am surprised its working.

Great, thanks. I did generate a SmUUID using the uuidgen command. I think I've followed the guide as best I can but I am getting the iMessage error message. I've seen different guidances for whether or not to call Apple. The guide here basically says to not worry about it but the first thing I hear when I call in is a request for my "Mac's" serial number. The post at insanelymac regarding MLB serial logic says not to call Apple. Any thoughts on calling Apple and giving a fake serial? Is there a better or preferred number to call?

They always ask for the s/n as a routine opener its not important, if you own a real mac you could give them the s/n from that to move on the conversation to the real problem of removing the Block. The best way to deal with*that is, give them the s/n number from the Hack and if they say its not in their data base just say you must have copied it wrong and you're away from your p/c right now so you can't verify the s/n, they will then ask for your Apple ID and proceed to solving your problem. Don't be scared just be assertive about the problem, they are very helpful - Good luck.

Back