Contribute
Register
I can send and receive messages from the contacts I've tried; both iMessage and SMS.. And yes I got and successfully entered the code on my Hack and my sent/received messages show up on both my iPhone and my MBA...

Like I said, I didn't do anything other than try to login, out of curiosity, on my fresh (Clover) install of El Capitan.. I am still to chicken to reboot, until I need to, or a power outage :lol: because I too, am surprised its working.

Believe me when I say, unless you log out of iMessage/F-Time it won't matter how many times you reboot or if you have a power outage, you will always be logged into those Apple Services.

I do not have a real Mac. Is it possible to use the FileNVRAM to make the iMessage working in Yosemite 10.10.5 ? Thanks~

Your query is slightly confusing, you don't need a real mac to get iMessage to work on a Hack, if you're running Yosemite with Chimera, you will need the FileNVRAM kext in your Module folder.

On the other hand, if you're running Yosemite with Clover, this is taken care of automatically - hope this offers a little insight to your question.

Actually not necessarily. Ive had a issue when my hack has been turned off for a few days and my iCloud and iMessage and everything was logged out when i turned it on. Only happened once but haven't happened since.

Update:

After reboot, it works (sorta).. It sends via SMS to all contacts, does not receive, then starts to receive via SMS, then will receive via iMessage; but still sends as SMS, then all of a sudden for no apparent reason it starts to work fully via iMessage..:think: During this transition process, all SMS messages show on both my phone and MBA.

Its like it needs so many messages sent between a contact, or a period of time to realize that they are iMessage contacts... In the contacts selection of new message, it shows them for a period as iMessage and then shows all contacts as Text Message only, then after so many messages, or a period of time, iMessage's start working..

Any thoughts? Server connection needs to register?

Update:

After reboot, it works (sorta).. It sends via SMS to all contacts, does not receive, then starts to receive via SMS, then will receive via iMessage; but still sends as SMS, then all of a sudden for no apparent reason it starts to work fully via iMessage..:think: During this transition process, all SMS messages show on both my phone and MBA.

Its like it needs so many messages sent between a contact, or a period of time to realize that they are iMessage contacts... In the contacts selection of new message, it shows them for a period as iMessage and then shows all contacts as Text Message only, then after so many messages, or a period of time, iMessage's start working..

Any thoughts? Server connection needs to register?

Not really sure - could be a slight sync delay between all your devices - I am still puzzling over your generic BoardSerialNumber allowing full functionality of iMessage and F/Time on your hack where it has been a 'Bugbear' for others until one unique to your Hack was generated and injected i.e. the Hack's 12 character s/n plus 5 random digits added to the end making it 17 characters.

Maybe with all the changes Apple is making with the coming of the new os x system in the coming months, this is or will no longer be necessary, no matter how it was generated, to get iMsg/F-Time to work or yours has simply slipped through the net - My speculation but Hey if it works, no worries just enjoy!!!

Actually not necessarily. Ive had a issue when my hack has been turned off for a few days and my iCloud and iMessage and everything was logged out when i turned it on. Only happened once but haven't happened since.

Hi JB - I suspect that happened because of a slight glitch in your system or a security flag was thrown up on the Apple Severs against your IP address because of a slight change, but ordinarily if your rig is running trouble free and you're logged in to all Apple Services, your rig is registered as logged in by the Servers unless you physically log the rig out - Hence the reason it is advisable to log the rig out of all Apple services before you make any changes to the Hack's SmBIOS as it will be still registered as logged in.

At the time that happened apples servers went down iMessage and iCloud in the UK stopped working due to Apples Servers so I'm guessing it was something to do with that. Haven't happened since i use iMessage on a daily basis n my rig so you know all is well it also works in 10.11 with my same values from Mavericks so I'm happy :thumbup:

At the time that happened apples servers went down iMessage and iCloud in the UK stopped working due to Apples Servers so I'm guessing it was something to do with that. Haven't happened since i use iMessage on a daily basis n my rig so you know all is well it also works in 10.11 with my same values from Mavericks so I'm happy :thumbup:

In the past I've only had trouble with iMsg when I was running Mavericks under chimera with the troubled FileNVRAM (not updated) thats when I made the switch to Clover and I haven't looked back since, I also have full operation with 10.11 on another SSD Drive.

I made the switch to Clover back with Mavericks then i updated to Yosemite and everything is working iMessage FaceTime and iCloud just worked for me with no issues after running the iMessage debug in Mavericks. :thumbup:

I made the switch to Clover back with Mavericks then i updated to Yosemite and everything is working iMessage FaceTime and iCloud just worked for me with no issues after running the iMessage debug in Mavericks. :thumbup:

Yea - the transition from chimera to clover was relatively painless for me, it was the initial step I was fearful of but once I got the grasp of what was needed to get it up and running with clover, all was well. I kinda feel the frustration of others still struggling to get it all to work weather its with clover or chimera, thats why along with many others here on the forum including your good self, I offer any tips or methods what worked for me.

Its a bit long winded but I always use a (cloned) test drive before I commit any new ideas or methods to my working drive - I confess I learnt that the hard way on many occasions spending hours doing reinstalls.

Back