Contribute
Register
hey jay monkey i have some good news for you guys today :headbang: i have got iMessage working in Yosemite also SMS relay works and phone calls here was my problem my contract got disconnected I've sorted my contract out and at the same time i got that sorted iMessage got sorted also so i think that with iMessage and FaceTime with Yosemite it all goes thru the carrier on the iPhone because it wasn't working when my contract got disconnected so I'm pretty certain that you need to have a iPhone with a contract I'm I'm right in saying because i know a girl thats got a iMac and she's got a android phone her iMessage logs in but it won't send any iMessages so i think in order to use the services in Yosemite you need a iPhone with a contract? any ideas? just a thought to the people thats having issues with iMessage in Yosemite? but its all up and running now and I'm also using clover :headbang::thumbup:

Thanks jaymonkey for such a comprehensive guide!

I tried following only several steps that seemed to me logical for fixing my problem with imessages. I have two accounts on my hackintosh and one of them has no issues sending and receiving imessages. However, my main account, which also had no problems in the past, started acting up after I signed out and signed back in to activate the handoff with my new wifi+bluetooth module.
I can receive text and imessages just fine. When I try to send - I get an error message "not delivered" with a red exclamation mark. Also, some of my contacts are blue, meaning they can accept imessages, while others are green, even they all are iphones and could receive imessages before I started messing with my icloud account.
I tried logging in and out of my icloud and imessage accounts on my phone and hackintosh, tried to delete files in ~/Library/Preferences folder, but still having the same problem.

Please advise.

Thank you!

McBuddy do you have a iPhone? something we need to figure out because some people who don't have iPhones are having this issue

I can receive text and imessages just fine. When I try to send - I get an error message "not delivered" with a red exclamation mark. Also, some of my contacts are blue, meaning they can accept imessages, while others are green, even they all are iphones and could receive imessages before I started messing with my icloud account.
I tried logging in and out of my icloud and imessage accounts on my phone and hackintosh, tried to delete files in ~/Library/Preferences folder, but still having the same problem.

@McBuddy,

If your iPhone is IOS 8+ there is a knowen issue that can cause iMessage to act strangely, try resetting the network config on your iPhone using the tip at the end of Chapter 3.3

@JB - This could have been also been your issue, although good to read your up and running now.

Cheers
Jay

I have 2 iphones with 2 appleids on 2 separate accounts on my hackintosh. I can send regular green text messages (SMS), but not imessages. Everything works fine on my phone (5s). Also, 2nd account has no issues sending and receiving texts and sms.

mine sometimes acts strangely but I'm still running 8.1.2 haven't had time to update lol

New problem with FaceTime and iMessage as Rickmywirry noted before in this forum…

After Apple had implemented additional security checks in late Nov 2014, i wanna try 13 digit mlb. In early Feb 2015, i tried iMac 11,3 system definition with yosemite fresh install. FaceTime and iMessage worked after calling apple customer support. But mouse cursor takes 25-30 seconds to respond after booting yosemite.

Apple relaxed the security checks in mid Feb 2015. In early April 2015, i wanna try iMac 14,2 with 17 digit mlb (configured based on info from IM website). Called apple support with the customer code. But i am getting the same customer code again and again no matter how many times they try to unlock my apple id.

In order to cross check my apple id, i did a fresh install of mavericks with iMac 11,3 system definition which i used before. I was able to login to FaceTime and iMessage straight away without any problem. The cursor lag problem was also gone.

I then did a fresh install of yosemite with iMac 14,2 system definition with the config plist which i had used before Nov 2014 (mlb configured by adding 5 digits to serial number). Now also i am getting customer code again and again even after contacting apple.

I was able to login to FaceTime and iMessage in a newly set up iPad with my apple id.

Yet to pinpoint the problem…

check your rt variables in clover make sure MLB and ROM and Serial Number also UUID and Board ID Number is put in properly in clover :thumbup:

New problem with FaceTime and iMessage as Rickmywirry noted before in this forum…

After Apple had implemented additional security checks in late Nov 2014, i wanna try 13 digit mlb. In early Feb 2015, i tried iMac 11,3 system definition with yosemite fresh install. FaceTime and iMessage worked after calling apple customer support. But mouse cursor takes 25-30 seconds to respond after booting yosemite.

Apple relaxed the security checks in mid Feb 2015. In early April 2015, i wanna try iMac 14,2 with 17 digit mlb (configured based on info from IM website). Called apple support with the customer code. But i am getting the same customer code again and again no matter how many times they try to unlock my apple id.

In order to cross check my apple id, i did a fresh install of mavericks with iMac 11,3 system definition which i used before. I was able to login to FaceTime and iMessage straight away without any problem. The cursor lag problem was also gone.

I then did a fresh install of yosemite with iMac 14,2 system definition with the config plist which i had used before Nov 2014 (mlb configured by adding 5 digits to serial number). Now also i am getting customer code again and again even after contacting apple.

I was able to login to FaceTime and iMessage in a newly set up iPad with my apple id.

Yet to pinpoint the problem…

To eliminate certain problems, one should always aim for a Mac model closest to their Hack's Specs. You stand a better chance to emulate the characteristics of a real Mac, I think all Mac models have different 'BIOS VERSIONS' values, so simply changing the SmBIOS of your Hack can in some cases cause some functions to stop working or be quite glitchy in operation.

Another important factor to remember, Apple releases updates pertaining to the Mac model you are running, hence one reason some people find them selves unable to boot after an update (unless your specs are up to par) and have to change their Mac model to an earlier model, after all its no good putting the engine of a Lada into the body of a Porsche and expect the performance of a Porsche.

mines set on mac pro 2008 only because OS X sees my CPU as quad core xeon

Back