Contribute
Register
can someone confirms that clover generates a working S/N?

I've tried several times to generate a unique number, but while checking the number on https://selfsolve.apple.com/wcResults.do the number was always shown as invalid.

That's because Clover is generating a RANDOM S/N. There is a 1:100000 chance that it actually generates you a "registered" S/N which is still bad for you because you would steal the identity of a real Mac. Just so you know: You need a not registered one! Just watch out that it doesn't say thats an invalid one.

BTW i think Apple is redesigning their SelfSolve Website... Maybe this will have some positive change on fixing iMessage... ;)

That's because Clover is generating a RANDOM S/N. There is a 1:100000 chance that it actually generates you a "registered" S/N which is still bad for you because you would steal the identity of a real Mac. Just so you know: You need a not registered one! Just watch out that it doesn't say thats an invalid one.

BTW i think Apple is redesigning their SelfSolve Website... Maybe this will have some positive change on fixing iMessage... ;)

It actually says it is invalid.

13 digits long MLB suggests you should have 11 digits S/N too. Am I right?
I'm using 2FA and no change.
Will try cleaning iMessage files again tomorrow.

Just checked my s/n in Clover. Its actually 12 digits. I had everything created in Clover. And am using a MacPro6,1 profile. (Closest to my system)

Tried cleaning files again. Nothing has changed. Will try with shorter MLB. Or maybe just should call Apple anyway... If there's no other way...

In my previous installs I was always able to use FaceTime even though iMessage was not working. But now, after installing Clover, when I log in to FaceTime I get the popup below, and when I select Allow it takes me back to the FaceTime login:

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 11.38.48 AM.png

Any idea?

Thanks!

I always have the same situation. For me FT is working only when iMsg is working. Same symptoms.

In my previous installs I was always able to use FaceTime even though iMessage was not working. But now, after installing Clover, when I log in to FaceTime I get the popup below, and when I select Allow it takes me back to the FaceTime login:

View attachment 127518

Any idea?

Thanks!

Getting genuine Serial number using Clover is close to hitting jackpot at slot like quantum project said.

anyway, I used clover generated serial with my non working real mac G5 MLB/ROM, called apple with error code and got it working.

why are you trying to get genuine serial that is not registered number? Is it because you don't want to call apple? If you have such serial, does iMessage log in automatically?

I'm not trying to get real but not registered S/N. I'm trying to get invalid (but properly formatted) one which won't give me call code but normally work - most of people here have done that successfully. But it seems that not everybody can do it. So I'll probably call Apple with error code. Don't want to do that, but it seems that there's no other way.
Getting genuine Serial number using Clover is close to hitting jackpot at slot like quantum project said.

anyway, I used clover generated serial with my non working real mac G5 MLB/ROM, called apple with error code and got it working.

why are you trying to get genuine serial that is not registered number? Is it because you don't want to call apple? If you have such serial, does iMessage log in automatically?

I am not trying to get genuine serial. I am trying to get iMessage and FaceTime working.
From everything I've read up to now, no one has mentioned needing a genuine serial from a non working Mac to get iMessage working.

If I had known working serial number, I would call Apple in a split second.

Is this the only possible way now?

Back