Contribute
Register
I'm unable to send messages today after no changes. Seems like Apple may be monkeying with stuff again. Any tips?

On your iPhone check in Settings>Messages that you have something called Text Message Forwarding. Ever since I got generated values back on my hack this option has disappeared, I believe that it is unrelated to the hackintosh and values but I can't be sure at this stage. If I log into my friends apple id on my iPhone the option for Text Message Forwarding appears. Apple engineers are currently investigating the issue. I'll update you guys whether the hackintosh has contributed or even caused this issue.

I will try to get it to work this weekend.

Before I dwell into it, and start researching / reading just two quick questions:

1. Will this work with Chimera ?
2. I don't remember doing anything since I lost it first time on Maverick, I tried it now (since everyone's seems it started working by itself) and it still doesn't work. Do I just follow the guide, from 1st point onward (my BSD name is en1 on a new Yosemite install, and I believe changing that to en0 is the 1. step) ?

I'm using Chimera and have iMessage working. Be sure to use FileNVRAM 1.1.4 as noted in JayMonkey's updated guide.

On your iPhone check in Settings>Messages that you have something called Text Message Forwarding. Ever since I got generated values back on my hack this option has disappeared, I believe that it is unrelated to the hackintosh and values but I can't be sure at this stage. If I log into my friends apple id on my iPhone the option for Text Message Forwarding appears. Apple engineers are currently investigating the issue. I'll update you guys whether the hackintosh has contributed or even caused this issue.

If that option is missing from your iPhone, then it means you are not logged into iMessage on your hack (well not validated with Apple's servers). You can probably send messages but no one but yourself ever gets them. When my iMessage stopped working this option disappeared. When I got it working again it came back.

If that option is missing from your iPhone, then it means you are not logged into iMessage on your hack. When my iMessage stopped working this option disappeared. When I got it working again it came back.

This is correct. Although, I am logged in both on my hackintosh and the iMac I brought.

^^^ I don't have "text message forwarding" on my iPhone 6 and the hack/iMessage is running on 10.9.5! Could it be called something else?

^^^ I don't have "text message forwarding" on my iPhone 6 and the hack/iMessage is running on 10.9.5! Could it be called something else?
I'm pretty sure this option is only available when running 10.10.x Yosemite. I could be wrong though

I'm pretty sure this option is only available when running 10.10.x Yosemite. I could be wrong though

Thats correct text message forwarding is a yosemite feature.

I don't think its a requirement to have text forwarding set up to have working iMessage on OS X, it just means if you do have it it will disappear if you have a problem logging in.

I'm using Chimera and have iMessage working. Be sure to use FileNVRAM 1.1.4 as noted in JayMonkey's updated guide.

Hey Stork,

Read the guide and I'm trying to make it work with filenvram 1.1.4 and v2356 (last shot before i move to Clover) but i can't even get through the loading bar :confused:

Also tried other versions of Chameleon but none worked, either wouldn't even boot or my HD4600 wasn't properly recognised.

Any advice? or working combo?

Thanks

My Mac still offline :(
With values generated from Clover (inserted UUID, no matter ROM = Mac or automatic from UUID) getting login error with call code. I know that I can call them, but most people here don't have that error. So is there anything which I can try?
For now:
Tried generating new values, tried changing password. Tried WiFi and Ethernet connection. Tried changing WAN address. Tried new account, tried main account (with card added and TFA activated). Values are persistent. Any idea what else can I do? Using SMBIOS for MBP 8.3. Some settings in Clover which enabled can fix it?

In syslog error code is 31. Also got message (not appearing when values are wrong/missing):
Code:
Feb 20 19:49:41 Mac-14feb5c56728.local identityservicesd[1747] <Warning>: [Warning] Server denied registration support

Hey Stork,

Read the guide and I'm trying to make it work with filenvram 1.1.4 and v2356 (last shot before i move to Clover) but i can't even get through the loading bar :confused:

Also tried other versions of Chameleon but none worked, either wouldn't even boot or my HD4600 wasn't properly recognised.

Any advice? or working combo?

Thanks

Moving to Clover is worth every bit of the time it takes.

Back