Contribute
Register
I have had success like you want (so far). I used Chameleon Wizard to generate the S/N. But you need to interpret what the result means. I set up CW for a Late 2013 iMac. The S/N I first got was invalid at SelfSolve, so I generated another, then looked at the fields of the S/N: the week of manufacture in 2013 was two months before the Late 2013 iMacs were released for sale. Possible, but not likely given business inventory practices. So I made it early in 2014 (only needed to change one character). That passed SelfSolve, but I have not yet tried iMessage with my new Clover Yosemite installation.

I generated the MLB using MLBGen17V3. I also changed that number to make the manufacturing week of the logic board in 2014, two weeks before that of the computer.

A lot of this may not be necessary, but a systematic approach to solving the problem seems way better to me than to just keep generating numbers and using a successful iMessage activation as the first test tried (and you are not doing that, of course). In the end it is the most important test, but I try to do what I can beforehand to avoid unsuccessful attempts. 40 years as a research biochemist taught me to approach problem solving like I have described.

Good luck.

I have had success like you want (so far). I used Chameleon Wizard to generate the S/N. But you need to interpret what the result means. I set up CW for a Late 2013 iMac. The S/N I first got was invalid at SelfSolve, so I generated another, then looked at the fields of the S/N: the week of manufacture in 2013 was two months before the Late 2013 iMacs were released for sale. Possible, but not likely given business inventory practices. So I made it early in 2014 (only needed to change one character). That passed SelfSolve, but I have not yet tried iMessage with my new Clover Yosemite installation.

I generated the MLB using MLBGen17V3. I also changed that number to make the manufacturing week of the logic board in 2014, two weeks before that of the computer.

A lot of this may not be necessary, but a systematic approach to solving the problem seems way better to me than to just keep generating numbers and using a successful iMessage activation as the first test tried (and you are not doing that, of course). In the end it is the most important test, but I try to do what I can beforehand to avoid unsuccessful attempts. 40 years as a research biochemist taught me to approach problem solving like I have described.

Good luck.

Point taken!

Thank you for the advice.

I'll update you on how it goes.

In my previous installs I was always able to use FaceTime even though iMessage was not working. But now, after installing Clover, when I log in to FaceTime I get the popup below, and when I select Allow it takes me back to the FaceTime login:

View attachment 127518

Any idea?

Thanks!

I got this too on my setup and since I had two factor authorization, I allowed on another machine and everything worked.

I'm not trying to get real but not registered S/N. I'm trying to get invalid (but properly formatted) one which won't give me call code but normally work - most of people here have done that successfully. But it seems that not everybody can do it. So I'll probably call Apple with error code. Don't want to do that, but it seems that there's no other way.

The call apple code is normal as far as I am aware. Most of us have had to call apple at some point. I am one of the ones that haven't had to call apple this time around. I don't know whether I got lucky (in my dreams :confused:) or what but Clover was generating 17 digit values with a 12 character serial. As I have explain before, I deleted the last 4 values of the generated 17 digit MLB in hope that I would get the Call Apple error but I didn't it just logged straight in.

I'm really not sure as to why the option for text message forwarding has disappeared. I'm not sure whether my apple id has be 'flagged' in some way. I will hopefully hear from apple on Monday (it 3:35am Sunday morning here) When I do hear from apple I'll be sure to let you guys know.

UPDATE: Yesterday morning (Sunday 22nd) after I wrote the quoted text I headed to bed, when I woke up I was receiving quite a few verification notifications which said something like "This iPhone is now being used for iMessage" (something along those lines anyway) after dismissing all those notifications II got up and logged into iMessage on a genuine iMac and the option for text message forwarding re-appeared back on my iPhone 6, I sent a test SMS not iMessage and it worked. I then booted my hack and logged into iMessage at first the verification code wouldn't take but after a few tries it all went through and verified. I then sent a test SMS not iMessage and it also worked flawlessly. I emailed the Senior Advisor at Apple to notify him of this development and received a reply this morning stating

Thank you for the update. That is what I asked of them, to check on their end if they can find a fix, which I believe they did.

That's all the information I could get so I suppose I will never know if the hackintosh / the modified values caused the issue.

iMessage to iMessage obviously also works flawlessly as does FaceTime and Cellular calls from my hackintosh.

Cheers

Cameron

I am not trying to get genuine serial. I am trying to get iMessage and FaceTime working. From everything I've read up to now, no one has mentioned needing a genuine serial from a non working Mac to get iMessage working.

If I had known working serial number, I would call Apple in a split second.

Is this the only possible way now?

@MrSanc8,

You do not need (nor should you use) a genuine S/N from a real Mac to get iMessage to work, Your S/N should be unique,, valid, and not registered as detailed in the guide (Step 3).

As far as I am aware if you are using a MLB and/or ROM value that has never been used with iMessage before then you still have to contact Apple support and get them to white-list/activate your ID's.

There are reports from some users who claim that it was not necessary to contact Apple to get iMessage working but i think in these cases the MLB and/or ROM was already white-listed.

If i understand your post correctly, you are trying to generate a S/N that is registered to use when you call Apple ... but not for your Hack ?

Cheers
Jay

I have had success like you want (so far). I used Chameleon Wizard to generate the S/N. But you need to interpret what the result means ... I generated the MLB using MLBGen17V3. I also changed that number to make the manufacturing week of the logic board in 2014, two weeks before that of the computer .... A lot of this may not be necessary, but a systematic approach to solving the problem seems way better to me than to just keep generating numbers

@mld1,

Thanks for your feedback

I completely agree with you, taking the time to understand the patten/make up of the MLB is always worth the effort. The MLB generators are getting better but they should always be considered a starting point. Checking the date and eee codes is no bad thing and should help to ensure that your MLB passes verification.

Cheers
Jay

Hi all, so I have a clover-generated OS X S/N that passes self solve.
I used uuidgen to generate a SmUUID that I am injecting via clover.
I read on the clover info that the current version of clover uses the last 6 bytes of of the SmUUID as the ROM value
and that I should use the S/N+extra digits to create the MLB value.
Imessage_debug has proven that these values are persistent between reboots, as they ought to be with clover.

This is NOT working even with a call to apple support.

The more recent replies to this thread indicate that perhaps this is NOT the correct approach for MLB+ROM values anymore?

Can someone clarify what the appropriate process for MLB/ROM value creation should be? Also, I do have a real 2010 macbook pro at my disposal, but I DO intend to continue using it. Does that make its values off-limits for use on the hack?

Would it be risky or actually advisable to specifically ask Apple to whitelist the values and provide them the generated MLB/ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Update I'm also wondering if the danger in cloning a machine I own in the MLB/ROM values or the S/N. I can understand that both machines shouldn't be registered with iMessage simultaneously, but could they be used interchangeably?

Hi all, so I have a clover-generated OS X S/N that passes self solve.
I used uuidgen to generate a SmUUID that I am injecting via clover.
I read on the clover info that the current version of clover uses the last 6 bytes of of the SmUUID as the ROM value
and that I should use the S/N+extra digits to create the MLB value.
Imessage_debug has proven that these values are persistent between reboots, as they ought to be with clover.

This is NOT working even with a call to apple support.

The more recent replies to this thread indicate that perhaps this is NOT the correct approach for MLB+ROM values anymore?

Can someone clarify what the appropriate process for MLB/ROM value creation should be? Also, I do have a real 2010 macbook pro at my disposal, but I DO intend to continue using it. Does that make its values off-limits for use on the hack?

Would it be risky or actually advisable to specifically ask Apple to whitelist the values and provide them the generated MLB/ROM?

Thanks in advance.

Update I'm also wondering if the danger in cloning a machine I own in the MLB/ROM values or the S/N. I can understand that both machines shouldn't be registered with iMessage simultaneously, but could they be used interchangeably?

Generate a serial number, generate a MLB, for the ROM use your en0 MAC address. Your UUID doesn't have to have anything to do with other values.

Ok, so a lot of online research has yielded the following:

1. The instructions for generating a 17 character MLB are WRONG. The pattern is not yet understood. Taking a serial number and adding digits DOES NOT WORK, at least not for the 17char MLBs.

2. You CAN use a MLB/ROM combo from an older mac (short serial and MLB values) while maintaining a newer system definition!

As a result of 2. I have cloned my 2010 macbook pro's values, including serial number and SmUUID into my system with the iMac 14,2 smbios definition. It works beautifully. Obviously I can't use iMessage or FaceTime on that machine at the same time, but I don't tend to anyway.

My remaining question is whether I could slightlymodify my serial #, MLB, and ROM values from that mac (since the shorter pattern is apparently understood?) and go through the activation process with Apple to get this to work with unique numbers? Has anyone tried this successfully?

Thanks in advance.

Back