Contribute
Register
I can get FaceTime to work on my mackintosh 10.10 but unable to get iMessage to work. Given that I've read they both use the same authentication system, does it stand to reason that I should be able to get iMessage to work?

Thanks

I wonder how Apple will react when he will eventually realized that hundreds of people use their time and money to make iMessage activated on Hackintosh

Can you also wonder at the same hundreds of people who spent their money buying Snow Leopard for the installation and still spending their money buying from the App Store and iTunes - So what's your point again????

Can you also wonder at the same hundreds of people who spent their money buying Snow Leopard for the installation and still spending their money buying from the App Store and iTunes - So what's your point again????
yes but there is talk of a loss of money for Apple
even if someone finds a solution you always call for apple activated
some people may go unnoticed
but hundreds of people I do not think it'll go unnoticed

the Hackintosh community never too attracted the attention of Apple for 10 years but I fear that change

I wonder how Apple will react when he will eventually realized that hundreds of people use their time and money to make iMessage activated on Hackintosh

I wonder how will react if they find out that you have a hackintosh.... hmmm....

I wonder how will react if they find out that you have a hackintosh.... hmmm....

We all Know Apple has beefed up their systems on the security side since the iCloud breach sometime back rendering our Hacks unable to use some services. Not being privy to Apple's policy towards Hacks, most of the thoughts on that score are pure speculations by some individuals. I can personally say that in my endeavour to get iMessage activated, I have had an Apple Technician spent 3 hours solid screen sharing on my rig trying to get it working and he didn't say 'Oh this is a Hackintosh so we can't help you'. My thoughts are (not necessarilly correct) if your rig meets the correct config to Apples security conformation, i.e correct ROM and MLB against your Apple ID also not shared and White Listed as Jay suggested all will be well.

I have encountered a new issue that may be some changes on apple's end. I'm on 10.10.1 and messages has been working flawlessly. I'm using the MLB and ROM from my macbook air for months. Today messages stopped working properly. any messages sent from osx messages says delivered but is not actually delivered. I have signed in an out multiple times and signed in and out from my ipad and iphone. They both work fine. Messages sent from osx are not received by anyone although they say delivered.

console
12/30/14 8:26:27.881 PM identityservicesd[282]: ApplePushService: <APSConnection: xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Received message from apsd: <APSIncomingMessage: xxxxxxxxxxxx> but it didn't match the enabled topics: (
) or opportunistic topics: (
)

I have encountered a new issue that may be some changes on apple's end. I'm on 10.10.1 and messages has been working flawlessly. I'm using the MLB and ROM from my macbook air for months. Today messages stopped working properly. any messages sent from osx messages says delivered but is not actually delivered. I have signed in an out multiple times and signed in and out from my ipad and iphone. They both work fine. Messages sent from osx are not received by anyone although they say delivered.

console
12/30/14 8:26:27.881 PM identityservicesd[282]: ApplePushService: <APSConnection: xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Received message from apsd: <APSIncomingMessage: xxxxxxxxxxxx> but it didn't match the enabled topics: (
) or opportunistic topics: (
)

Are you really that dense? :banghead:

Read the rules about using cloned values. I swear.:crazy:

Are you really that dense? :banghead:

Read the rules about using cloned values. I swear.:crazy:

Actually the Rule states 'Values That You do not Own' and from his post I think he said cloned from his Apple p/c. In any case I think he still runs the risk of having all his machines Black Listed by Apple for using Cloned values, judging from the threads in other Forums where some individuals lost the Service in all their rigs, Hacks and real Apple P/Cs. Now they have to put in a call to Apple to get the block lifted.

I have encountered a new issue that may be some changes on apple's end. I'm on 10.10.1 and messages has been working flawlessly. I'm using the MLB and ROM from my macbook air for months. Today messages stopped working properly. any messages sent from osx messages says delivered but is not actually delivered.

@packrobottom,

You're not alone ..... it would seem that Apple have implemented yet another update to the iMessage validation protocols that seems to effect systems using real (cloned) MLB & ROM values. This new issue started sometime between the 28th and 29th of December 2014 depending upon location.

I'm not entirely sure what is causing the new issue ..... it's possible that Apple are now black-listing devices that are using cloned ID's or Apple may have implemented a new cross check to the System Type and/or anther system identifier such as SmUUID ... something i've been speculating since Apple introduced tighter SmUUID (or Hardware UUID) validation last year.

Symptoms of this latest issue seem to be no messages being sent or received from OSX devices despite being able to log in and out of iMessage without issues, mobile devices such as iPhone and iPad are unaffected.

I think this issue is only effecting OSX systems that are using the same MLB & ROM values and are logged in to iMessage at the same time, this is my best guess as to what may be going on until proven otherwise.

One can only assume at this stage that Apple have responded to the recent increase in people using cloned MLB & ROM values since the 17th of November MLB validation changes .... I guess the desire to get iMessage working no matter the cost by some people has forced Apples hand. It's not effecting everybody at the moment, but like all recent changes to iMessage validation it may take a few days or even weeks for the change to effect everyone it is targeted at.

I'll try and dig a little deeper over the next few days but until then ..... to those of you using cloned values, if they are from a Mac your own, you should seriously think about this recent escalation, if you can live without iMessage then i would strongly suggest that you switch to using locally generated and unique MLB & ROM values ASAP (use the guide - Part-1, Step 5d) whist this of course will stop iMessage working it should hopefully stop your ID's being black-listed or flagged by Apple.

This latest issue is also effecting iMessage on some real Mac's who's ID's have been used on hackingtosh systems so it may well be a MLB/ROM black-list, early reports from users who have contacted Apple about the issue indicate that restoring iMessage functionality on Apple hardware can be hit and miss ...
Once i know more i'll update the news on the main guide.

Cheers
Jay

(Above info added to main guide 31/12/2014)

Last edited:
Back