Contribute
Register
Using a real mac code, especially one that you still use is not recommended, because you will note issues when both try to login at once, may even get the real mac blacklisted. Now if it's a retired mac then it may not matter but it's still strongly ill advised because it may cause red tape for everyone down the road.

Using a real mac code, especially one that you still use is not recommended, because you will note issues when both try to login at once, may even get the real mac blacklisted. Now if it's a retired mac then it may not matter. An active one though you don't really want to use.

Removed as the above one.

Season Greetings.

Did you happen to miss the post by the mod at the top of this page....or fail to actually read the main post in this thread?

It is no secret that using real Mac values work, but it has been said time and time again that it is not to be discussed, nor is it recommended at all.

It is cool that you're attempting to solve this, but I think you might want to sit back, relax, and allow the people who know what they're doing to deal with this.

Did you happen to miss the post by the mod at the top of this page....or fail to actually read the main post in this thread?

It is no secret that using real Mac values work, but it has been said time and time again that it is not to be discussed, nor is it recommended at all.

It is cool that you're attempting to solve this, but I think you might want to sit back, relax, and allow the people who know what they're doing to deal with this.

Thank you.

READ par 5f...
READ par 5f...
READ par 5f...
READ par 5f...

As of now my Hackintosh has been running for 24 hours with fully working iMessage, FaceTime with Handoff allowing me to make calls via my iPhone (I know its not too long but more than the few hours experience by those with incorrectly formatted MLBs).

@Rkool,

Thanks for your(s) post but it's been known for quite a while now that 13 digit MLB's have a far looser verification process due to their simpler format, as such its been possible to generate a 13 digit MLB that will pass authentication either by manually researching the various MLB elements or use of a script.

It is important to remember that iMessage & Facetime are currently the only iCloud apps that require MLB & ROM (hardware) verification, almost all other iCloud apps use AppleID level verification - which is why you can access most of them via web the interface and cross platform.

Using a valid 13 digit MLB (real or user generated) with any SMBIOS/System type will work (at the moment) as long as the MLB & ROM are white listed - please see the notes on the current issue at the start of the guide for an overview.

Your hardware issues are down to using an older System Type/SMBIOS .... and are not related to the iMessage issue at all, please keep your posts on this thread to iMessage related topics.

Currently there is no back-end verification between the MLB/ROM syntax and the System Type and/or S/N ....

However .... If everyone starts using a 13 digit MLB against a more recent System def then it would only be a matter of days before Apple did something about it .... its not that its a secret it's just that ideally we need to satisfy the Apple verification process in a more complete way ... thus ensuring longevity rather than short term stop gaps.

Cheers
Jay

In reponse to what Jay just said.

I completely understand this need to get iMessage working, by any means. I have a brand new Hackintosh that had been working 100% until Apple decided to change the authentication process. Losing functionality that I once had grinds my gears. In addition, I spent way too much money on a replacement network card which allowed me to have full functionality in Yosemite, only to lose most of it not even a month later.

I have an old MacBook Pro that is just sitting unused in a laptop bag. The temptation to fire it up, grab the values, and have my Hackintosh back to full functionality is very strong. I have sat here and said to myself, "Why shouldn't I have a working Hackintosh, why should I have to suffer the loss of functionality while I wait for some random person to figure it out?"

Then I remember that my Hackintosh wouldn't even have a chance working if it weren't for the countless people, who actually know what they're doing, spending countless hours getting these things working, and then being so gracious as to tell me how.

The Hackintosh community is what allows us to continue having the option to build these computers. If someone, who has more than proven themselves competent tells me that my actions could potentially make it harder, or worse, impossible to get these things working, I feel it is my responsibility to put aside my personal desires.

I understand this desire to have full functionality, and I also understand the desire to be a "hero" in the community for solving this issue. I understand how frustrating it can be to have to sit and wait for some unknown people on the Internet to solve something for me. However, I also understand that if I take these matters into my own hand, I risk screwing everything up for everyone, and myself.

If you've read this guide and decided to brush off the warnings, I beg of you to reconsider. Load up a few games, catch up on some TV, or learn to program an iOS game. Do anything to distract yourself from this issue while these people sort it out. Don't allow your personal desires to potentially mess things up for the entire community.

Anyway, I'm sorry for the long rant. I am just getting so frustrated watching Jay have to come on here, and spend his/her time reminding people to have patience. I want this issue solved as much as anyone, and so I would rather the people involved spend their time finding a solution, instead of trying to diplomatically tell being to back off. Please have patience, and thanks to everyone that is working hard to solve this.

@Jaymonkey

I mentioned my hardware issue as I wanted to make the point that there may be hardware issues as a result of using the older Smbios as to obtain the 11 character S/N and therefore be able to use a 13 character MLB as to make it not look suspicious to apple.

My further testing on my second system has reviled that this may not necessarily be the case as I'm using the iMac 10,3 Smbios without suffering any hardware issues and now have had iMessage working for near to 24 hours so i believe that the MLB was valid.

This being the case, am i to understand that we the community as a whole are waiting for the 17 character MLB to be understood fully so that newer system identities may be used as well as to minimise the chance of detection and as a result another increment being made to the iMessage security?

Just to clarify i was not trying to suggest that the 13 character MLB could be used in junction with a newer Smbios which does not have a 11 character S/N as i realised this would ring alarm bells on apples end.

Thanks for all the work you are putting into this, its greatly appreciated by myself and I'm sure the rest of the community!

Best

Rkool

@Crazylegsmurphy

I wish to assure you that i was not trying assume any role as a hero to the community, just wanted to share what i had read else where as I'm sure your aware there are multiple communities like this one across the web.

From what I had read I was under the impression that using a valid generated 13 character MLB in junction with an older Smbios as such to have a valid 11 character S/N would would provide a working solution to the issue that we are confronted with.

I did not for a second think that it would make the work done by others in terms of understanding the 17 character MLB any harder or even jeopardise this method of iMessage activation.

Sorry for any potential damage i may have made to these efforts please rest assured that was not my intention for a second.

Rkool

My second succes using a generated 13 MLB on a laptop :D,i had the "call support with a code" called them,unblock and it works :D (Mavericks not Yosemite).
For me i don't care if i even use 6 MLB numbers,if its working im fine with that.
It is more than 1 month and my imessage,facetime still works.

My second succes using a generated 13 MLB on a laptop :D,i had the "call support with a code" called them,unblock and it works :D (Mavericks not Yosemite).
For me i don't care if i even use 6 MLB numbers,if its working im fine with that.
It is more than 1 month and my imessage,facetime still works.

I wonder how Apple will react when he will eventually realized that hundreds of people use their time and money to make iMessage activated on Hackintosh

Back