CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
... and i'm hopeful that a method to auto generate valid MLB values will be found soon.

Keep an eye on the news in the main guide for updates ... however I don't think i'll get much done this side of christmas now but will continue to work on the problem as and when i get chance.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey,

Can I generate a valid MLB value from a complete DarwinDumper of a machine !? If I understand correctly the answer should be no. Because even if all the data is there, we don't know the correct algorithm that generates it ... or am I wrong?

Another point which is not perfectly clear is: if the answer to the previous question should have been yes, the MLB value would be correctly generated but still not present in the whitelist, so what should happen?

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@jaymonkey,

Can I generate a valid MLB value from a complete DarwinDumper of a machine !? If I understand correctly the answer should be no. Because even if all the data is there, we don't know the correct algorithm that generates it ... or am I wrong?

Another point which is not perfectly clear is: if the answer to the previous question should have been yes, the MLB value would be correctly generated but still not present in the whitelist, so what should happen?

@Azimuth1,

Darwin Dumper does not generate anything, it just dumps a very complete catalogue of all system values, so it will only extract the existing NVRAM values .... so MLB & ROM will be whatever is currently configured on the system you run it on, if its run on a real Mac then it will be the Mac's real MLB & ROM values, if you run it on a hackingtosh then it will be whatever you set MLB & ROM to either via Clover or via NVRAM command if using Legacy Boot-loader with FileNVRAM boot module.

Unfortunately it does not contain any lookup/conversion tables which could help with decrypting the makeup of the MLB, in that sense it's no more useful than iMessage Debug.

As of Mid November it seems both MLB & ROM need to be whitelisted and MLB needs to pass enhanced syntax/makeup verification - See the 1st news item in the main guide.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
CPU
i5
Graphics
hd4400
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Has someone had this problem? I once deleted some cache files of Messages app, and since then I can't see any option of my active account. Any ideas how to fix this?

Zrzut ekranu 2014-12-22 o 11.58.28.png

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has someone had this problem? I once deleted some cache files of Messages app, and since then I can't see any option of my active account. Any ideas how to fix this?

@Majkwin,

You cant, for some time now Apple no longer stores copies of your message history on their servers, perviously your local message cache was re-synced with those that were stored on Apples servers. But that has not worked for over six months now. My guess is that stopped working once Apple put out the beta test versions of Yosemite, with all the new iMessage features such as SMS redirection .. etc it would make sense for Apple to stop caching everyones messages - better for security to.

The only way you can get the local cache back is to restore the folder 'Messages' from a clone/backup or time machine you should only need to restore the folder 'Messages' from/to your user Library folder. You may need to use 'Show all files' If you don't have a shortcut set up.

I assume you deleted it following Step 4 of the guide, if you haven't emptied the trash yet you may be able to put it back from there.

Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
CPU
i5
Graphics
hd4400
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Guess I don't need it that much. It's suppose to look like this, right?
@Jay, it was few months ago, so I emptied trash couple of times already.
imessage1-625x625.png

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Guess I don't need it that much. It's suppose to look like this, right?
@Jay, it was few months ago, so I emptied trash couple of times already.

@Majkwin,

Opps my bad, i thought you were looking to get back your Message History ?

The Account info is stored in the plist's

com.apple.imservice.ids.FaceTime.plist
com.apple.imservice.ids.iMessage.plist

in the Preferences folder in your user Library sub folder.

However the values are token based and reference encrypted data stored in a local database, so best to enter it all again rather than restore this info.

Cheers
Jay

jaymonkey

Motherboard
GB Z490 Vision G
CPU
i9 10850K OC @ 5.2 GHz
Graphics
Vega 64 LC + HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Glad I read this thread before I called Apple!

In any event, thanks in advance for all the hard work on the issue! Happy Holidays!!

@bodybybuddha,

Best bet right now is to sit tight, I'm working on the issue as are several others and with the communities help i hope to be able to update the guide with some good news soon.

@All,

If your researching the latest MLB issue you may come across a number of so called MLB generators, at the moment these are all work in progress and none of them currently provide a complete solution which is why i'm not posting them here just yet.

However they do offer a framework to add to as each element of the MLB is deciphered and fine tuned. I'm in contact with some of the primary developers and will add them along with instructions to the guide once they are ready for public release.

In the meantime I would appreciate that no one posts any of these utilities as links or attachments, at this stage there is no point and i don't want to get peoples hopes up just yet and flood the thread with posts about a utility that is not quite ready. It is better that the focus stays where it currently is rather than spreading unfinished code around the internet.

I hope you all understand my reasoning for this and any post's relating to these early releases may be moderated, once ready and confirmed working the guide will be updated ...please be patent....the solution is coming soon.

Merry Christmas
Cheers
Jay

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey guys....... it's been a while I haven't built a Hackintosh so I really had to take a good 2 hours to follow this EXCELLENT - albeit very long - guide.

I don't really care about iMessage since I have a gazillion other Apple products that all have it (ok, maybe just 3 but still). So I diligently followed this to get at the very least the App store and iCloud working. And it did.

But to my great surprise, iMessage works!.......?

I should say, I don't get any errors. I don't really have anyone to text at this time of the night, but it seems legit. I didn't use any data from my real Mac, just used what was in the guide.

Did I just luck out? Am I going to get a disconnect eventually - my understanding was that those ALREADY logged in would take a while to get punted, but those with brand new installs were SOL off the line.

Did I do anything that could benefit the community?!? I'm no coder, so I doubt I did anything outrageous but you never know.
Sorry if I'm being a n00b and missed some post somewhere explaining this, but I was really, really puzzled...

And thanks again for the excellent guide!