Contribute
Register
I come with what appears to be great Christmas news!

I've been following the feed for quite some time now but never had iMessage working as I came to the iMessage game after the security crackdown. As I understand, from this thread as well as some from Insanely, currently we do not understand the 17 character MLB but we do seem to have sussed out the 13.
I decided that I would take the plunge and attempt to have a go with the 13 character MLB.

As of now my Hackintosh has been running for 24 hours with fully working iMessage, FaceTime with Handoff allowing me to make calls via my iPhone (I know its not too long but more than the few hours experience by those with incorrectly formatted MLBs). As a result of this success, I felt I should share my method.

First off I followed this guide down to the T, which is fantastically looked after by Jay. As results of this my Network en numbers were all good, I had generated a new smUUID and had used Clover Configurator to set up my Smbios as a MacPro 4,1 with a valid 11 character Serial number which was not registered. Having done all of the well-documented steps it was time to move onto the trickier steps of the ROM and MLB.

To obtain my ROM, I used the Apple Mac hack app which was very easy to use and just followed the steps, detailed on the app its self. From my understanding the Apple Mac Hack app obtains the ROM from the systems's mac address I used the app as i found it to be an easy method of setting my ROM while allowing me to evaluate the app at the same time.

Finally it was time to tackle the MLB to get this value I read through the thread on InsanelyMac (I would add a link but i think its against the rules to do so) which provided a comprehensive overlook of the MLB issue in hand for both the 13 & 17 character MLB. Toward the end of that particular thread, it became apparent that some of the developers there specifically Hanger1 in particular had developed a shell command that would enable the generation of a 13 character MLB. This shell command is downloadable from the InsanelyMac thread that Jay linked to earlier here and is found on the 14th page of the thread as of uploading. I followed the procedure as detailed within the shell command and was given my MLB. I was wary of the generator as previously they have simply been red herrings but as the MLB generated appeared to match the pattern I had expected from reading the detailed work done by others on Insanely I decided to take the next step. Calling Apple.

Once I had restarted my system and checked that my values remained constant by using iMessage Debug I tested my iMessage and to no surprise I was given a customer support code. This is as expected as the MLB must be on Apple's white list for it to enable access to iMessage. As I was fairly sure that my detail should all check out I decided, I would call. Upon making my call the support technician is spoke to was well aware of the issue and "had helped several others with the exact same issue". I've got a feeling that apple may be vary aware of our little community. After relaying my apple ID and serial number to them, they were able to get me log in within minutes!

So now, I wait and see. Fingers crossed that this is more than a fleeting moment of success!

Other bits of information that may be useful.. I'm using clover r2079 as my boot loader. Hope this helps!

Merry Christmas everyone

Rkool

I have noticed that USB 3.0 has not been working and had no idea why this was and is currently my predominant issue with the build.

Sleep is up until now untested as when the system is on I have caffeine running continuously so have never seen my system try and sleep... I will test later and report back

I believe there lies the issue.

We can all switch to a 13 digit MLB/ 11 digit SN, but we must change the system definition to something other than (in my case imac14,1). That removes some features like sleep and usb3.

So we have to determine whats more important.

Working on it. :thumbup:

I had a similar issue when trying to get audio to work on an Asus Maximus II Formula. If I use the AD2000B kext that is supposed to work my Ethernet is no longer detected by OS X. I ended up having to use VooDooHDA to get audio and Ethernet.

If 2 channel analog audio is all you guys need, may I recommend disabling the motherboard audio and using a usb audio adapter instead? The amount of effort it saves is well worth the ten bucks on Amazon.

So Its been 5 days of working iMessage with a 13 character MLB generated as i detailed before, My issue now is that I have lost speedstep and as a result my CPU sits at 3.2GHz continuously.

I understand that this is as a result of setting my Smbios to Mac Pro 4,1 so that i could get a S/N of 11 characters.

My question is would it be possible to edit the IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext or some other kext such that it would enable speed step on a Smbios that otherwise would no have speedstep natively?

If so I have see minimal reason to no settle with the MLB option p.s if it is possible how would it be done? I have tried by have had little luck.

Rkool

*Update*

I Have two systems one which I ran the initial procedure with which had a X79 chipset and as a result no Power management. My second which i have just tested which has a Intel Z87 chipset and thus power management i set as an iMac11,3 Smbios, this results in a 11 character S/N and therefore 13 Character MLB while still having power management. I will continue testing and attempt to get iMessage working on this second system and will report back asap.

*Update 2*

Ran through the same process as before this time the apple technician was more confused about the serial number not being registered but in the end all was set up and iMessage is currently activated fingers I will update in 24 hours to confirm weather the activation has stuck.

Something extremely weird which I discovered by accident !!!

I have two systems one a Gigabyte X58A-UD3R and another Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

The X58A... system is configured with Clover and I get the customer code when I attempt to
login to iMessage and or Face Time.

The EP45... on the other hand is a pure Chameleon configured system without any nvram configuration whatsoever and should therefore not be able to log into iMessage
or Face Time.

This EP45... machine does however login to both of these services provided sharing is activated on the X58A... machine. With sharing on the X58A... machine disabled the EP45... machine
fails to login to both these services.

On the X58A... machine I enabled sharing of the following:

Screen Sharing
File Sharing SMB only with AFP disabled under options
Remote Login

The X58A... is configured as MAC Pro 5.1 in Clover and I can confirm that sleep is working properly as well as two add on Fresco USB 3 controllers, providing me with a total of 4x functioning USB 3 ports.

The X58A... machine appears twice on the EP45.. under "Shared" in Finder, once as a "mac-pro" and then also as a "MacPro" followed by a space and then a 19 digit string comprising numbers in the range of 1 to 9.

I will be carrying out more tests in order to ascertain which of the three shares seem to act as a
"proxy" or other "go between" to allow me to login to iMessage as well as Face Time.

Hoping this information proves helpful.

Removed by myself.
Reasons are stated on the posts below.

Thanks Again for ALL the good work.

Season greetings

Back