Contribute
Register
Something mysterios is going on !!!!
i twice tryid with a fresh 10.9.2.install on my UP5-TH and now i can´t even log on to Apstore or iCloud.
It can certainly be country specific as they probably implement this server check one step at the time and not worldwide

arehep, we're not sure about region stuff. Forum Member Azimuth1 doesn't have troubles with iMessage, and we both are Italian.
Then I thought that could be an Intel LAN chip issue, but yesterday I did a fresh install (10.9.2) on a GA-Z77X-UD5H which has both Atheros and Intel LAN chip. iMessage does work on both LANs.
  • logged out
  • deleted any kind of stuff about network preferences
  • rebuilt cache
  • repaired permission
  • rebooted with the other LAN
  • logged in and send message to anyone whom have a valid Apple ID and tested iMessage (Hack, Mac, iPhone and iPad)
That said I must admit I'm in the dark, here.
As a matter of fact, we need more testers to a better understanding.

EDIT
Based on jaymonkey suggestion, there could be a link between Z87 Chipset and Intel LAN?

May be and likely there are MANY iMessage servers deployed in Apple network.
And when the iMessage daemon choose certain server IP for connection - here is important step for appear this issue.
May be only some iMessage servers has implemented some sort of security or authorization features which not "supported" by hackintosh's. And here we are...
And some servers for some reason are more "simple" or still not implement that feature or call it whatever you want, but Messages still works with them.
If we can control the daemon (by block certain IP's) to what certain server he should connect, we can easy reproduce that issue. But we must know all possible iMessages servers IPs.

Is there a way to check what IP used in messages process connection with netstat or similar tools?
And we can compare that IP's beetween those ones who have this issue and other ones who don't.

This is interesting. When I launch imessage this is what I get, note the error code (or whatever it is), matches yours exactly. It also has the same general format as my computer UUID (it does NOT match that however)...

@fixjet

I think those messages are normal, I get the exact same messages on all of my Hackingtosh systems when running iMessage, and iMessage is working for me on all my systems.

Cheers
Jay

EDIT
Based on jaymonkey suggestion, there could be a link between Z87 Chipset and Intel LAN?

@giacomoleopardo

Not sure that can be the case.

What I was tying to indicate is that the GA-Z77-UD5H and GA-Z77-UP5-TH motherboards both use the same Z77 Intel chipset which has the same Intel LAN controller embedded in it. Looking at the last few days of posts it looks like iMessage works ok on UD5H but not on UP5-TH ?

That said its not just limited to UP5-TH, Some users report that it does not work for them on Z87 & X79 chipsets, which have an evolution of the same Intel LAN controller. Has anybody tried backing out the Intel NIC kext to an older/alternate version ? I'm using the one from multibeast 6.1.

Has anybody got iMessage working on GA-Z77-UP5-TH ?

@All

I've been thinking a lot about this recent issue and i'm wondering if its anything to do with keys in the SMBIOS created by Multibeast during initial install. After every install I always run Chameleon Wizard, open the SMBIOS editor and load a pre-configured SMBIOS for the system (usually 3,1 for most Gigabyte Z77 Mobos) then I click on the two random buttons a few times to generate a unique S/N.

The point here is that Chameleon Wizard fills in a few of the misc keys that Multibeast does not and the boot rom is identified as a Apple rom not TonyMacx86/Multibeast

This procedure is documented in my guide as an optional step but I wonder if recent updates cause OSX to take some of those keys into consideration now ?

Its just a theory and a long-shot at that but who knows ?, feedback needed to eliminate or prove it.

Cheers
Jay

I got the same problem where all contacts turns red and says they dont have iMessage active. My last working message was 00:34 4´th of April.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H and for the last 3-4 months I have used a RTL8169 Ethernet card because it gives me higher speed than the integrated Atheros card on the motherboard.

When I switch out kexts and take the extra RTL8169 card out and activate the Atheros card on the motherboard iMessage starts working again and I can send/receive messages.

So its for sure related to network adapter and NOT serialnumbers or any other ID on the computer.

I have been working on this problem for the last 3 days and reinstalled 4 times to test every possible way so I am 100% sure it works like explained.

My motherboard is a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H and for the last 3-4 months I have used a RTL8169 Ethernet card because it gives me higher speed than the integrated Atheros card on the motherboard.

When I switch out kexts and take the extra RTL8169 card out and activate the Atheros card on the motherboard iMessage starts working again and I can send/receive messages.

@Klorin

Thanks for your feedback, this just seems to get stranger and stranger. I have RTL8168 on my GA-H77N systems and on my Sony Monkeybook all using Lnx2Mac's RealtekRT81xx kext and all work with iMessage with no issues ?

Have you tried backing out the RT81xx kext to an older version ?, same goes for those with Intel NIC's, I do seem to remember reading several posts on this site stating that the latest versions of each of these kext's seem slower and cause network issues for some users. I wonder if this is a IP packet formatting problem ?

Cheers
Jay

After 3 attempt to get a fresh install working on my GA-Z77X-UP5-TH i finally succeeded an is now able to log in to Appstore and iCloud.
And i did (as jaymonkey suggested) install an older version of AppleIntelE1000e.kext (version 2.4.14) without success
Still can´t log on iMessage,
I even tryid to disable lan in bios and a fresh install only using my Wifi but then i could´nt log in to anything.
After copying my P9X79 SuperDuper backup back to my main HD i´m logged into iMessage and i´ll not try to log out again as it´s fully functional.
And as Jay suggest i always generate unique serial using Chameleon Wizard.

Do you think that Apple is collecting data about serial when a logon to iMessage fail ?

I´ve never before experienced that a fresh install of OS X with a Chameleon Wizard generated serial could´nt log on to Appstore and iCloud.

I got the same problem where all contacts turns red and says they dont have iMessage active. My last working message was 00:34 4´th of April.

So its for sure related to network adapter and NOT serialnumbers or any other ID on the computer.

I have been working on this problem for the last 3 days and reinstalled 4 times to test every possible way so I am 100% sure it works like explained.

Something must be written on the HD,
How else can you explain that on my P9X79 build i had iMessage fully working until i logged off an could`nt log on again ?
But when i booted into my Superduper backup (made before i logged out) it´s fully working !!!

Something must be written on the HD,
How else can you explain that on my P9X79 build i had iMessage fully working until i logged off an could`nt log on again ?
But when i booted into my Superduper backup (made before i logged out) it´s fully working !!!

I have recently been experiencing problems too. I logged onto my hack two days ago, to find my imessage offline. Now when I try to sign back in, I get the message: "Your Apple ID "xxxxxxxx" can't be used to set up IMessage at this time." I then get a customer code and am told to contact support. When I try logging out of Icloud then logging back in with my Iphone, I can see Imessage activate for around 5 seconds, but then I get the same error eventually to contact support. After this, I get the error immediately after I try to sign in. I've tried to change my password, etc., but nothing seems to work. My Macbook Air is working okay, as well as my Iphone, and I am using the Lnx2Mac driver, along with a TP Link Wifi card as recommended in one of the buyer's guides.

count me on the list for this EXACT same problem.

logged in, but can't send message, recipient name in RED

facetime works, icloud work.

AUDIO FACETIME call works, recipient picked up! but auto-disconnect shortly after few seconds of audio

Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP5-TH, last sent message 4/1/14, country US
Chameleon r2377

10.9.2 and Safari 7.0.3

Back