Contribute
Register
i don't think its a direct ascii conversion so this may help in my research

It is. Here are the 8 values I posted, hex to ascii. Exactly the same as the MLB, minus the missing bytes/characters.

Screen Shot 2014-11-28 at 9.26.15 PM.png

Clean install of Mavericks 10.9.5 with Clover i put the old id's used in Yosemite but didn't work,then i installed chameleon and i saw that FaceTime is working but no imessage,then installed back Clover and put the old id's but instead of 17 caracters for the mlb i used 13, I TOOK OUT 4 numbers from the middle then i called Apple with the new code and everything works perfectly.The notion of MLB 13 digits i took from here,people was reporting that is working.
Hi ,Could you tell me which 4 numbers you took out I try to took out last 4 numbers but it doesn't work.

Hi ,Could you tell me which 4 numbers you took out I try to took out last 4 numbers but it doesn't work.

The mlb was 17 digits so i took out 4 from the middle not the last 4 numbers , just numbers.
For example we have C02M313RT23241D4T ---- i took out 2324.

@Jay

Real MacBook Pro Retina late 2013

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx:MLB
000000: 43 30 32 34 30 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 34 31 |C0240xxxxxxxxx41|
000010: 50 |P|

Clean install of Mavericks 10.9.5 with Clover i put the old id's used in Yosemite but didn't work,then i installed chameleon and i saw that FaceTime is working but no imessage,

@jaymonkey
I think it would be interesting to investigate this behavior, running Darwin Dumper on Mavericks, once with Clover and another with Chameleon, naturally configured to give the same output with iMessage debug.

Macbook air
Number of Bytes making up the MLB .... 17
Number of Characters in the string .... 17
Your System Type .... MacBookAir4,2
Last four digits of OSX S/N .... DJWV
First five hex values of MLB .... 43 30 32 31 32
First five string values of MLB ... C0212
Last three hex values of MLB .... 50 41 54
Last three string values of MLB .... PAT

000000: 43 30 32 31 32 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 50 41
000010: 54

Last edited:
S/N: xxxxxxxxF5N7
Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,1
MLB Byte count: 17
MLB String char count: 17

000000: 43 30 32 33 33 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 39 41 |C0233xxxxxxxxx9A|
000010: 53

S/N: xxxxxxxxF5N7
Model Identifier: MacBookAir6,1
MLB Byte count: 17
MLB String char count: 17

000000: 43 30 32 33 33 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx 39 41 |C0233xxxxxxxxx9A|
000010: 53 |S|

@JayMonkey

First off, thanks for all you work in getting this guide together, I never could have gotten iMessage working without it.

Secondly, I spent a couple hours on the phone with Apple Support trying to resolve this before I saw your Latest News .... 27th Nov 2014 addition. They sent me up the support chain, until finally they had me change my AppleID password so the iMessage server engineering team could look into my account and try to get it sorted. Holiday weekend in the US, that won't happen until Monday at the soonest. Do you think it's a good idea to have them look at this given that I'm running a Hackintosh? I'm considering resolving the CaseID and changing my AppleID password back.

Thanks again!

-The Ourea

Here are my uneducated thoughts. You are asking Apple to spend time troubleshooting an issue, in which you already know the problem. The problem is obviously that we are all running non-Apple hardware.

Apple, having to assume you're a "normal" Mac user, is spending resources tracking down an issue in which they can find no solution. In fact, I would argue that telling them you're working on a Hackintosh confirms that whatever reasons they had for changing the way it was working, was successful.

As I said, I don't know the technical details of why this is suddenly not working, but what I do know is that when you're trying to steal gold from the den of a dragon, you don't walk in and start yelling your location and intention.

I understand this is the world of Hackintosh, and sometimes my PC runs so well, that I forget that I am in a constant state of cheating. I almost get complacent to the point where I feel entitled to have it all working correctly, and get quite bent out of shape with Apple when it doesn't.

I appreciate all the work being done to get this working, and I hope something can be found that becomes stable in the long term. My fears of course are that tomorrow my iCloud and other more key features will suddenly stop working, and nothing will be able to be done forcing me to make a hard choice about my future with Apple (at least Apple PCs).

So, my advice would be for everyone to work with each other to figure out the problem, while trying to leave Apple out of the loop as long as possible. Tipping them off that our community is having issues, or using methods that give away our position, is not going to help us in the long run, and I would hate for Hackintosh to fail.

That said, I have a 2009 MBP that I can use to help if needed. I just don't know what to do, or what information you need.

I have changed my password and canceled the case.

Here are my uneducated thoughts. You are asking Apple to spend time troubleshooting an issue, in which you already know the problem. The problem is obviously that we are all running non-Apple hardware.

Apple, having to assume you're a "normal" Mac user, is spending resources tracking down an issue in which they can find no solution. In fact, I would argue that telling them you're working on a Hackintosh confirms that whatever reasons they had for changing the way it was working, was successful.

As I said, I don't know the technical details of why this is suddenly not working, but what I do know is that when you're trying to steal gold from the den of a dragon, you don't walk in and start yelling your location and intention.

I understand this is the world of Hackintosh, and sometimes my PC runs so well, that I forget that I am in a constant state of cheating. I almost get complacent to the point where I feel entitled to have it all working correctly, and get quite bent out of shape with Apple when it doesn't.

I appreciate all the work being done to get this working, and I hope something can be found that becomes stable in the long term. My fears of course are that tomorrow my iCloud and other more key features will suddenly stop working, and nothing will be able to be done forcing me to make a hard choice about my future with Apple (at least Apple PCs).

So, my advice would be for everyone to work with each other to figure out the problem, while trying to leave Apple out of the loop as long as possible. Tipping them off that our community is having issues, or using methods that give away our position, is not going to help us in the long run, and I would hate for Hackintosh to fail.

That said, I have a 2009 MBP that I can use to help if needed. I just don't know what to do, or what information you need.

Well put and well argued Sir - my sentiments exactly, I've been urging others just be patient and lean away from dubious means to get back on line. People like jayMonkey are working to find a more practical way for all to get back the service, but I feel a few will bring the wrath of Apple down on all of us and lock us all out.

Back