Contribute
Register
Hello,

After reading the whole guide, I have an uncertainty remaining :

- Most of the guide refers to iMessage (which I don't care about, I'll just use it from my iPad), but it is stated that it also applies to App Store, iCloud, iTunes. Is the full setup mandatory for those too ? I seem to understand from the guide that an unstable ROM/MLB may cause issues with the whole AppleID, not just iMessage.

- I checked about the issues App Store/iCloud/iTunes and it seems the main thing is about ethernet en0 not being right. Is this an additional issue, or the only one that should really be considered ?

I'll be installing my hackintosh in a few days, seems I do have to go with Clover as it creates less issues in the long run, and I'd like to be sure wether I have to also run the full iMessage process even if I won't be using it, in order to be sure to safeguard my AppleID.

As a precision, I do own an old iMac that I'll use as display for my hackintosh. That iMac will mainly stay disconnected from the web I guess, unless I need some skype calls that the ipad can't handle (don't even know if there are, I didn't check if Skype for iPad has all the features of Skype for Mac). That means I can provide a valid SN to Apple if I ever need to call them, but the specs will be quite different (iMac 27' late 2009 i5 2,66Ghz Vs i7 4790K, Gigabyte mATX Gaming 5, TP-link wifi).

Thanks for any answer !

I just want to ask the question. Other than those who fixed their Hacks with copied numbers from other macs, did everybody start getting the Customer Codes again as of late 11/21 or 11/22 like I did? I was working fine with Mavericks for a few weeks and then Yosemite for a few more weeks. I received messages yesterday 11/21 on my hack then this afternoon I was locked out of Facetime and iMessage again.

For about a month I was good. Back then I used clover and followed this guide and ended up calling apple after I got all my values set and stable. Everything worked until today.

I think it began this monday, the 17th. At least I got the first customer code on sunday, and called on tuesday.

Hello,

After reading the whole guide, I have an uncertainty remaining :

- Most of the guide refers to iMessage (which I don't care about, I'll just use it from my iPad), but it is stated that it also applies to App Store, iCloud, iTunes. Is the full setup mandatory for those too ? I seem to understand from the guide that an unstable ROM/MLB may cause issues with the whole AppleID, not just iMessage.

- I checked about the issues App Store/iCloud/iTunes and it seems the main thing is about ethernet en0 not being right. Is this an additional issue, or the only one that should really be considered ?

I'll be installing my hackintosh in a few days, seems I do have to go with Clover as it creates less issues in the long run, and I'd like to be sure wether I have to also run the full iMessage process even if I won't be using it, in order to be sure to safeguard my AppleID.

As a precision, I do own an old iMac that I'll use as display for my hackintosh. That iMac will mainly stay disconnected from the web I guess, unless I need some skype calls that the ipad can't handle (don't even know if there are, I didn't check if Skype for iPad has all the features of Skype for Mac). That means I can provide a valid SN to Apple if I ever need to call them, but the specs will be quite different (iMac 27' late 2009 i5 2,66Ghz Vs i7 4790K, Gigabyte mATX Gaming 5, TP-link wifi).

Thanks for any answer !

The Mac App Store and iCloud has been working for me, without iMessage working.

As stated by jaymonkey previously (#2137 http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage-214.html#post918495), using the ids from a real mac on a hackinotsh can cause problems as Apple can see two machines with the same ids connected at the same time, or sees a mismatch between the S/N or MLB or whatever and the System type. Say you use a Macbook's S/N, MLB and ROM on a hackintosh with system type set to iMac 12,1. Apple can see that the S/N and MLB of the hackintosh does not comply with the prefix, sufix and whatever else that the macbook's model you copied it from does. ROM probably the same.

I want to minimize the risk of my real mac (or friends, family...) having it's ids blacklisted, as well as my AppleID. So careful when spoofing ids. Though who knows, maybe nothing happens an Apple doesn't care.

Hi CyCLoBoT i saw your post
i have a real mac with me..
could you help me to inject the real number to my other hackintosh?

how did you find the numbers for Bios and Motherboard?

also how did you enter them on your hackintosh, i assume it was in maverick?

my iMessage stop working..

but i could not find a solid tutorial on how to fix it

Thanks in advance

Good morning guys. I have a problem a little weird. First of all, I want to thank the entire community, that makes all this possible. I have almost perfect hackintosh thanks to this community. Almost perfect, the only thing that doesn't work is iMessage. I have Yosemite with Clover, iTunes and Appstore running. When I enter my data in iMessage for 5 seconds it seems that everything is going well, after 5 seconds I get the message: "An error occurred during activation. Try again". I've tried several solutions and none worked. I would appreciate any ideas.

I've been trying to check my new generated serials this morning but looks like Apple have changed their selfsolve website page which doesn't give me any information about if it's in there database. This is how the new webpage looks... (looks like it's changed in the last few days).

Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 11.23.08.png

I've switched over to Clover and think I've got consistent values for my MLB and ROM every time I reboot. However I can't seem to get my wirelress card (en1) to be set to builtin status.

The 1st page guide isn't clear how to set this up with Clover using DPCIManager. I've changed my EFI/BOOT/CLOVER/config to include the following but still I don't get the DPCIManager to set the status of the en1 wireless NIC to 'builtin'.

Code:
<key>Devices</key>	<dict>
		<key>AddProperties</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>device-properties</key>
				<string>5700000001000000010000004b0000000100000002010c00d041080a0000000001010600041c0101060000000101060000030101060000007fff0400160000006200750069006c0074002d0069006e0000000500000001</string>
			</dict>
		</array>

As far as I can tell this it the only thing holding me back.

Screen Shot 2014-11-23 at 12.49.01.png

"An error occurred during activation. Try again". I've tried several solutions and none worked. I would appreciate any ideas.

A similar thing has just started happening to me, everything has been working fine for about a month. Switched to Clover, rang Apple, the whole sha-bang,
Then all of a sudden yesterday I try opening iMessage and it asked me to log in, but all I get is the warning messages about activation.

Nothing seems to have changed regarding my config.plist and the nvram hasn't forgetton anything (based on the Var MyVar test)

Has anyone else suddenly experienced this, I'm still on 10.10, do you think it's worth updating to 10.10.1?

same thing applies to FaceTime, but I also get pop up asking about IDS:XXXXX@XXXXX-AuthToken allow/deny. Pressing allow then causes the same warning as Messages.

Not tried trashing plists yet, didn't want to try anything incase it was just a temporary outage that may resolve itself, and wanted to see if this was a widespread issue or just me.

Back