Contribute
Register
Hi CyCLoBoT i saw your post
i have a real mac with me..
could you help me to inject the real number to my other hackintosh?

how did you find the numbers for Bios and Motherboard?

also how did you enter them on your hackintosh, i assume it was in maverick?

my iMessage stop working..

but i could not find a solid tutorial on how to fix it

Thanks in advance

You have to run iMessage Debugger tool on the real Mac. My friend was running Yosemite on his MacBook as well. The tool will display the ROM and Board Serial Number (MLB value will be same as this). Then I used Clover Configurator to inject these two values from the Rt Variables tab and I also replaced the BoardSerialNumber value in the SMBiOS tab as well.

Also, I am using Clover version 2953. With the latest version of Clover, Clover is injecting these values differently so if you are running the latest version of Clover, update the ROM and MLB values accordingly.

Ok when running the ROM, it's given a1%a1%a1'!%a1

Noticed the '! key, it's ASSCI, so you need to convert it to hex thus, the above would be a1a1a12721a1. Plug it in my Clover and GOT WORKING!!! from using MLB/ROM from my macbook air.

Hopefully this will last long. Apple definitely checking for real MLB/ROM now.

I've tested this conversion on my system before asking my parents to provide me their assci values for ROM and MLB.

I'm not getting a proper conversion. Where did you convert yours?

I'm converting ASSCI to Hex, and Im getting way too many characters and they don't match my current ROM.

I've tested this conversion on my system before asking my parents to provide me their assci values for ROM and MLB.

I'm converting ASSCI to Hex, and Im getting way too many characters and they don't match my current ROM.

I seems scrambled as well

if it is SmUID means CustomUUID and Inject System do not need, right?

The Mac App Store and iCloud has been working for me, without iMessage working.

As stated by jaymonkey previously (#2137 http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage-214.html#post918495), using the ids from a real mac on a hackinotsh can cause problems as Apple can see two machines with the same ids connected at the same time, or sees a mismatch between the S/N or MLB or whatever and the System type. Say you use a Macbook's S/N, MLB and ROM on a hackintosh with system type set to iMac 12,1. Apple can see that the S/N and MLB of the hackintosh does not comply with the prefix, sufix and whatever else that the macbook's model you copied it from does. ROM probably the same.

I want to minimize the risk of my real mac (or friends, family...) having it's ids blacklisted, as well as my AppleID. So careful when spoofing ids. Though who knows, maybe nothing happens an Apple doesn't care.

Thanks for your answer, it's still a bit foggy but I guess it can't be helped since Apple doesn't support hackintosh nor does anything explicitly against it.
For my own use it's all about making sure my Apple ID stays clean, as I stated I'll just take iMessage off my Hackintosh and use it only on my devices made by Apple. However to be perfectly sure I'll probably do the setup of iMessage as indicated into the guide, that way I'll have a coherent, albeit non existant, S/N - ROM -MLB setup.

Just a question : how come the problem is different between connecting to the App Store and connecting to iMessage ? I mean, shouldn't the App Store authenticate you the same way iMessage does, with S/N, ROM and MLB ? Or does iMessage use a specific protocol that requires more in-depth checks to be secure ?

Forgot to answer your question Clover. I am running 3021.

It's not 11, it should be 12. Read closely. If you are not seeing % or alphanumeric, you need to convert those from ASCII to HEX and replace it. Let me know.

I'm only seeing 11 on a mac mini 4,1. Shouldn't it be 12?
Also the mac mini MLB is only 13 characters? Shouldn't it be 17????

I'm converting ASCI Ito Hex, and Im getting way too many characters and they don't match my current ROM.

You should not have to convert ALL keys, only 2 keys. My ROM return something like this:

%a1%a1%a1'!%a1 The % is just space and not used. So look for characters that are NOT alphanumeric or % and convert those.

Notice the '!? Of course this is just an example and won't be exactly like yours. That's not an alphanumeric and needs to be converted from ASCII to hex. '=27 !=21 so the ROM will be
a1a1a12721a1. You will end up with 12

Or you could have your parents run ImessageDebug2 (Mountain Lion or higher) attached on page1 and it will show the exact MLB/ROM

Back