Contribute
Register
I just want to ask the question. Other than those who fixed their Hacks with copied numbers from other macs, did everybody start getting the Customer Codes again as of late 11/21 or 11/22 like I did? I was working fine with Mavericks for a few weeks and then Yosemite for a few more weeks. I received messages yesterday 11/21 on my hack then this afternoon I was locked out of Facetime and iMessage again.

For about a month I was good. Back then I used clover and followed this guide and ended up calling apple after I got all my values set and stable. Everything worked until today.

The MLB is showing 17 alphanumeric but ROM is like %a1%a1%ba%ab. Not sure how to to convert this to the proper ROM number

Ok when running the ROM, it's given a1%a1%a1'!%a1

Noticed the '! key, it's ASSCI, so you need to convert it to hex thus, the above would be a1a1a12721a1. Plug it in my Clover and GOT WORKING!!! from using MLB/ROM from my macbook air.

Hopefully this will last long. Apple definitely checking for real MLB/ROM now.

I just want to ask the question. Other than those who fixed their Hacks with copied numbers from other macs, did everybody start getting the Customer Codes again as of late 11/21 or 11/22 like I did? I was working fine with Mavericks for a few weeks and then Yosemite for a few more weeks. I received messages yesterday 11/21 on my hack then this afternoon I was locked out of Facetime and iMessage again.

For about a month I was good. Back then I used clover and followed this guide and ended up calling apple after I got all my values set and stable. Everything worked until today.

If you log out of iMessage with bad values, it looks like your locked out again with the contact support with code message. This is new, as of today. Last night I was able to login and logout of iMessage without any issues.

Hopefully MLB & ROM values can be reverse engineered just like serial numbers. Its just the matter of time before the right combination of numbers and letters will be found. I can not imagine Apple utilizing realtime verification for iMessage, but heck you never know.

Ok when running the ROM, it's given a1%a1%a1'!%a1

Noticed the '! key, it's ASSCI, so you need to convert it to hex thus, the above would be a1a1a12721a1. Plug it in my Clover and GOT WORKING!!! from using MLB/ROM from my macbook air.

Hopefully this will last long. Apple definitely checking for real MLB/ROM now.

After you put in these values and run:

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM

Does it give you the same data from you Macbook Air or something completely different?

After you put in these values and run:

nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM

Does it give you the same data from you Macbook Air or something completely different?

Exactly like the macbook air in this format %a1%a1%a1%a1'!%a1

Exactly like the macbook air in this format %a1%a1%a1%a1'!%a1

Which Clover version are you using?

Example:

Macbook Air shows: 00%50%56%3F%FF%FF

So you put in Clover: Correct?

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>ROM</key>
<data>0050563FFFFF</data>
</dict>

Example:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>ROM</key>
</dict>
iMessage debug gives ROM as h45697j9i562
sometimes there is a space in the middle of the number, if there is a space it is removed and paste the number into ROM RT VARIABLE, there is no convertion has done on the issue

for information it's been 3 months that I use ROM AND MLB my MAC MINI 2010 and no problems

One thing's for sure and that is you must read this post if you want any chance of keeping Imessage working. I have had Imessage working for 2 weeks now and through alot of trial and error.

1. I am using 14,2 SM Bios

2. I created a Unique serial number that was not from a real Mac.

3. creates a UUID with the terminal "uuidgen" command

4. Board Serial Number was my serial number + 5 random letter, numbers (17 total).

Not sure how I came up with the ROM Value, but it's 12 digits. I think when you call apple your better off using your Hackintosh serial, which they won't find anywhere. However, if you quickly throw in your Imessage is not working after upgrading to Yosemite they usually will help you. I did have to call Apple again after installing a new Apple Broadcom BCM94360CD 802.11ac mini WLAN+Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless card as that must have changed something with my network settings. Now I am very careful making any adjustments in clover. Upgrading to 10.10.1 was not problem for Imessage.

Example:

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>ROM</key>
</dict>

ROM needs to be converted to base64. Now it looks the same.

My macbook 2,1 has only a 11 digit MLB, so it does not work :(

Back