Contribute
Register
Thanks jaymonkey!!! Excellent guide.
I meticulously followed your guide and it worked flawlessly on first attempt.
Now I just have to get bluetooth working.
Thanks again!!!!!

Which WiFi/BT card do you have ?

Cheers
Jay

Cheers, excellent work!

Confirmed to fix the problem on Mavericks 10.9.2 - here, it was downgrading NVFileRAM to 1.1.2 that did the trick eventually. Version 1.1.3 doesn't work.

Thanks JayMonkey. Step 5 worked perfectly on 10.9.2...:thumbup:

I can confirm that this worked for me, coming from a fresh 10.9.2 install the only thing I had to do was add the Module link in the post, I had already an apple account setup in my MBP.

Thanks for these instructions.. Fresh install of 10.9.2 via Unibeast-Multibeast. System is running perfectly with the exception of Messages app. I followed this post explicitly, however upon launching Messages, I get "Your Apple ID "xxxxxxx.com" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time." followed by a Customer Code for contacting support. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks again.

Thanks for these instructions.. Fresh install of 10.9.2 via Unibeast-Multibeast. System is running perfectly with the exception of Messages app. I followed this post explicitly, however upon launching Messages, I get "Your Apple ID "xxxxxxx.com" can't be used to set up iMessage at this time." followed by a Customer Code for contacting support. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks again.
Check that your system is generating a nvram.xxxx.plist in /Extra, make sure you are using version 1.1.2 if not please reinstall the nvram fix as detailed in step 5.

Cheers
Jay

I followed every step and now iMessages works.

thank you, thank you, thank you!

Was getting an error occurred message when trying to log into iMessage on a fresh Mavericks install (10.9.2). Checked to see if I had an active CC on file, then tried to sign in with one of my aliases. Perhaps you have .mac, or .ma, or .icloud addresses from over the years. If one isn't working for you, try one of the others. Bang, I'm in.

I also have the UP5-TH mobo, and the only thing that did fix it for me was to use the older version of NVRAM.dylib as mentioned in your note at the very bottom of the guide! (The 1.1.3 did _not_ work) Thank you!!!

I'd like to thank all who've contributed invaluable info regarding this post. I finally resolved my issue of a non-succesful log in to Messages. Suggestion #1 in post #171 was absolutely crucial for me. Without this, all other steps proved unsuccessful upon log-in. For no apparent reason, iTunes temporarily "lost" my CC info. I was not contacted about it, and only realized this when I reviewed my profile/payment page and re-entered my pertinent info. Thanks again!

Back