Contribute
Register
I agree:

Today I resolve problem with iMessage:

- on Hackintosh of the my girlfriend iMeesage lost funcionality 2 months ago
- today she logon to iMessage account suscessfully (without new settings, dylib, etc)
- after this I create new mac os x account with my login to iCloud (suscess) and iMessagege (error)

problem with iMessage is not fully depend on HW (and SW), iMessage cache files was intact.

in fact last month my girlfriend buy some aplications on iPad and setup credit card info! After this I setup credit card on Apple account and logged to iMessage suscesfully.

PS: both computers have valid SN

Jumped through all these hoops. Nada. Finally read somewhere to add a credit card to your Apple ID. Believe it or not, that fixed it.

This worked perfectly for me. I tried everything else suggested with no luck.

I tried Chameleon Wizzard with FileNVRAM.dylib. No luck
I tried the clover boot loader method here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4MunSmBdM8 - No luck
I tried a new apple ID with no luck

Again only thing that worked flawlessly was adding a credit card for me.
iMessage worked right away, than I went back to account settings and set my payment back to none.

Cheers

Well, I already had a credit card added to my Apple account. And still got the same issue.

The only thing that worked (finally!) was fileNVRAM 1.1.2 (but not 1.1.3).

iMessage works fine for me with this....UNTIL i sign into FaceTime.

The moment i sign into FaceTime i get this error message on iMessage.

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 19.28.26.png

Then if i close FaceTime, iMessage may start working but not very often.:crazy: :banghead:

any help here would be gratefully rec'd :thumbup:

PS not sure if it is in my sig so i will just mention i am on OSX 10.9.2 :beachball:

iMessage works fine for me with this....UNTIL i sign into FaceTime.

The moment i sign into FaceTime i get this error message on iMessage.

View attachment 85974

Then if i close FaceTime, iMessage may start working but not very often.:crazy: :banghead:

any help here would be gratefully rec'd :thumbup:

PS not sure if it is in my sig so i will just mention i am on OSX 10.9.2 :beachball:

I spent ages trying to get this working. i tried everything, and ran out of ideas and forum posts to try. so i posted the above.
Within an hour of posting i found a fix.

As mentioned above i found that iMessage would sign in and then when i opened FaceTime it would sign iMessage out. Then iMessage wouldn't sign back in. however it would sign back in randomly, and i couldn't figure out why.

i realised iMessage on my hack would sign in after i opened iMessage in my Mackbook Pro, clicked on preferences, then clicked on the details and entered my password.

so i did this and signed into iMessage on my hack then FaceTime and it still logged me out of iMessage.

this time i opened the details window on my MBP and left it open, signed into iMessage, then FaceTime. it signed me out but i signed back into iMessage. it allowed me to sign in without error and then kept me signed in.

i have been able to close both apps and open them in any order. i have even rebooted my hack. and signed in to both apps again.

seems that this has fixed it (fingers crossed) :silent:

i hope this helps anyone else having this issue.

Thank you for this great guide. Helped me fixing my imessage issues. First time i skipped the nvram part, but after installing the dylib into the modules folder and restarting the hackintosh imessage worked perfectly. No CC Information needed.

It's work for me, Thanks

This setup survived a Mavericks reinstall, from a beta upgrade to 10.9 to a 10.9.2 official app. So, give it a go, it may work for you.

1. my Apple ID has a valid CC on the account.

Purchases (in the US at least) will work just fine as long as your zip code matches billing code. What I'm saying is, if you value your privacy, give Apple fake info from name to address. You're mostly buying non tangible goods anyway, no shipping necessary.
2. SystemID & device-properties might be important
I don't remember how I got the SystemID & device-properties, but I think had something to do with a tutorial I looked at online about fixing iMessage. It didn't do anything at that time, until I bumped into this thread, and this particular FileNVRAM version. However, at this point I can't say if it has an effect or not, but just in case, include it, it won't hurt. Last 12 characters of SystemId is your eth0's MAC address.
3. Use a real serial number in smbios.plist & org.chameleon.Boot.plist
I basically used my MacBook Pro's serial number, even though the SMfamily says iMac. It works fine, it's just that your About This Mac will show an iMac picture, and the MacBook Pro name and screen size, build date according to your serial number. Doesn't matter.
4. Use this specific version of FileNVRAM.dylib
There's a way to check for version, I forgot the binary's name, but anyways, it's 1.2 or something if I remember correctly, just definitely not the latest version.

And that's about it! Here are the files mentioned:
View attachment smbios.plist -- remember to change the serial number and SystemId's last 12 digits
View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist -- remember to change the serial number and SystemId's last 12 digits, as well as Graphics Mode
View attachment FileNVRAM.dylib.zip -- this goes to /Extra/modules

A few notes:
  • if you use a real MacBook Pro system definition (i.e. SMfamily will say MacBook Pro), you'll get some nasty artifacts when playing back h.264 video, and your computer will freeze. I don't know if it's related to my particular motherboard & video card combo, but I've seen another post from one person with my video card that had the same problem.
  • do not try to log in to iCloud or Messages until you've installed the FileNVRAM and the 2 plists.
  • Don't just download the files, copy them over, overwriting yours, and expect your system to work. You most likely will have a frozen computer. Look through the files, edit them. Basically, if you're building a hackintosh, you should be comfortable editing a plist file.
  • Always backup files you're editing/replacing.

I tried everything in this tutorial and none of it worked, even the clean install. I did the above steps within Chameleon Wizard and bam, iMessage now works.

Thank you!
I did the same...but Chameleon Wizard fixed it, plus I added a nice custom boot screen with it. Thanks all for your posts!!

Thanks jaymonkey!!! Excellent guide.
I meticulously followed your guide and it worked flawlessly on first attempt.
Now I just have to get bluetooth working.
Thanks again!!!!!

Back