Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to work on an official version rather than a beta build. Is your opinion something else?

Well OC seems to work with 10.13.5... If you prefer 10.13.4 SU... go ahead

I have changed my EFI folder with this and again my fan stopped working and i am using IstatMenus

Well I see MB Fan1 an 2 working.. Did you remove HWMonitor.app?

Well I see MB Fan1 an 2 working.. Did you remove HWMonitor.app?
Yes. the problem is that it is telling the softwares that is spinning but actually it is not :(

Yes. the problem is that it is telling the softwares that is spinning but actually it is not :(

Then remove the LPCSensor.kext again! If you still face problems, check your Fan "Monitor" BIOS Settings.

I am not able to help you further. I am not a visionary.. I already proposed all that came to my mind..

Good luck,

KGP

Last edited:
Then remove again the LPCSensor.kext again! If you still face problems, check your Fan "Monitor" BIOS Settings.

I am not able to help you further. I am not a visionary.. I already proposed all that came to my mind..

Good luck,

KGP

Well thank you. Appreciated.
Can you explain a little that what is this LPCSensors.kext used for? if I had it removed does it harm my pc in any way?

Well thank you. Appreciated.
Can you explain a little that what is this LPCSensors.kext used for? if I had it removed does it harm my pc in any way?

It is e.g. used for displaying your fan speeds.. check what is not displayed without it and you will know which other info it provides.

Cheers,

KGP

Last edited:
Hello all

After patching the beta bios (for X99-dlx II) and renaming as: X99D2.CAP
strangely i cannot inject it in the mobo,
i can inject the beta bios untouched (the one i dl from ASUS) but not the modified one: meaning that USB and method are both ok!

if anyone has in hand this moded bios and can post it I will be thankful:
if not, no problem: i will inject the "xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha" if i cannot find the bios modded :)
;)

cannot wait to see how the xeon 2699 will work as ImacPro 1,1 :D

Hello all

After patching the beta bios (for X99-dlx II) and renaming as: X99D2.CAP
strangely i cannot inject it in the mobo,
i can inject the beta bios untouched (the one i dl from ASUS) but not the modified one: meaning that USB and method are both ok!

if anyone has in hand this moded bios and can post it I will be thankful:
if not, no problem: i will inject the "xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha" if i cannot find the bios modded :)
;)

cannot wait to see how the xeon 2699 will work as ImacPro 1,1 :D

Here you go..

Attachments

• X99A2.CAP.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 65
Reactions: GDS
See Section E.1) of my guide in the originating post of this thread.

@kgp I'm missing something here..

* Downloaded the Repackager, but from another source. The link provided in your guide for Insanelymac seems to be broken.
* Repackaged WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106
* Installed the repackaged driver.
* Reboot
* When trying to correct OS version on L/E/ there isn't any NVDAStartUpWeb.kext on that folder. What's wrong?

I did find NVDAStartUp.kext on S/L/E/ . But I guess that's not the right file. however, I modified the info.plist on this file just in case. No results..

I though I had find a solution by copying the file from the Payload folder generated by the Repacker and modifying it. So:

* Copied the NVDAStartUpWeb.kext on /Payload to Desktop and modified info.plist to match the beta version of the OS with Xcode according to your instructions.
* Save.
* Copy modified NVDAStartUpWeb.kext to L/E/ (with root permissions???)
* Reboot.

When entering the Nvidia manager I'm not able to choose or switch between the default OSX driver and the Nvidia web driver..

Help please?

P. S: I did modify both NVDAStartUpWeb.kext on /Payload and NVDAStartUp.kext on S/L/E

Don't really know what am I doing wrong. Perhaps something related to root permission?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 11.57.05.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 11.57.05.png
    236.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 13.05.51.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 13.05.51.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 13.06.10.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 13.06.10.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 77
Hi guys, newbie here =)

i stuck at Clover boot windows.

There is no 'Boot OSX Install from Install McOS High Sierra'.

What should i do?

*Clover version 2.4l rev 4418

Attachments

• IMG_1407.jpg
    IMG_1407.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_1408.jpg
    IMG_1408.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back