Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, newbie here =)

i stuck at Clover boot windows.

There is no 'Boot OSX Install from Install McOS High Sierra'.

What should i do?

*Clover version 2.4l rev 4418

1. Did you downloaded and created USB with macOS High Sierra as descripted in the first post for this thread?

2. Dis you modify your BIOS settings to match the settings needed for installation?

@kgp I'm missing something here..

* Downloaded the Repackager, but from another source. The link provided in your guide for Insanelymac seems to be broken.
* Repackaged WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106
* Installed the repackaged driver.
* Reboot
* When trying to correct OS version on L/E/ there isn't any NVDAStartUpWeb.kext on that folder. What's wrong?

I did find NVDAStartUp.kext on S/L/E/ . But I guess that's not the right file. however, I modified the info.plist on this file just in case. No results..

I though I had find a solution by copying the file from the Payload folder generated by the Repacker and modifying it. So:

* Copied the NVDAStartUpWeb.kext on /Payload to Desktop and modified info.plist to match the beta version of the OS with Xcode according to your instructions.
* Save.
* Copy modified NVDAStartUpWeb.kext to L/E/ (with root permissions???)
* Reboot.

When entering the Nvidia manager I'm not able to choose or switch between the default OSX driver and the Nvidia web driver..

Help please?

P. S: I did modify both NVDAStartUpWeb.kext on /Payload and NVDAStartUp.kext on S/L/E

Don't really know what am I doing wrong. Perhaps something related to root permission?

NVDAStartUpWeb.kext must be in /L/E/ after the web driver installation!

Don't modify NVDAStartUp.kext in S/L/E/! This makes no sense at all! Also don't copy NVDAStartUpWeb.kext to /S/L/E. The WEB DRIVER stuff must be in /L/E/!

After editing the plist of NVDAStartUpWeb.kext on your Desktop and after copying the modified NVDAStartUpWeb.kext to /L/E/ you have to do the following as clearly outlined in Section E.1) of my guide in the originating post of this thread:

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 18.45.41.png

NVDAStartUpWeb.kext must be in /L/E/ after the web driver installation!

Don't modify NVDAStartUp.kext in S/L/E/! This makes no sense at all! Also don't copy NVDAStartUpWeb.kext to /S/L/E. The WEB DRIVER stuff must be in /L/E/!

After editing the plist of NVDAStartUpWeb.kext on your Desktop and after copying the modified NVDAStartUpWeb.kext to /L/E/ you have to do the following as clearly outlined in Section E.1) of my guide in the originating post of this thread:

View attachment 333515

This is after installing the Repacked Webdriver. Could the Repacker be working wrong?

Is there another Library folder..?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 14.44.33.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 14.44.33.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 14.46.09.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 14.46.09.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 14.46.00.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 14.46.00.png
    63 KB · Views: 102
This is after installing the Repacked Webdriver. Could the Repacker be working wrong?

Is there another Library folder..?

1.) Are you sure that your system drive is the Western Digital SSD and not the crucial SSD?

2.) Seems that your webdriver installation does not work. Maybe you messed up with the web driver patching?

In any case... again you did not consider what I wrote above.

Last edited:
Downloaded the Repackager, but from another source. The link provided in your guide for Insanelymac seems to be broken.

@nifranza,

wrong! I verified the link in my guide and it is not broken at all! The link works as expected!

How do you patch the WEB Driver with the Nvidia WebDriver-Payload Repackager?

Please explain in detail!

So, @kgp, can I ask, is your TB3 card in slot 4 or slot 6 on your X99-A II motherboard?

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 12.11.13 PM.png

@kgp Sorry for such an inconvinience. I didn't mean to be rude. Thanks again for all the help. I just stuck..

I am on my phone right now so I can not check on the WebDriver patching. But I did check on the link and still getting an error. I'm sending captures of the link I used and the result on insanely mac.

Attachments

• IMG_20180530_160252.png
    IMG_20180530_160252.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_20180530_160321.png
    IMG_20180530_160321.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 172
@kgp Sorry for such an inconvinience. I didn't mean to be rude. Thanks again for all the help. I just stuck..

I am on my phone right now so I can not check on the WebDriver patching. But I did check on the link and still getting an error. I'm sending captures of the link I used and the result on insanely mac.

I just tried my link before. It immediately dowloads the repackager.

No idea what you are doing my friend. Maybe one needs to remain logged in on IM to make the link work?

Yet I am missing your detailed explanation in how you perform the web driver repacking.

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back