Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I did check on the link and still getting an error.
In order to download from IM you must have an account on the site and be logged into it.

Reactions: kgp
Hi KGP
Did you connect THB_C Header cable?
If I remove that cable sleep worked but THB disable.:rolleyes:

Hi KGP
Did you connect THB_C Header cable?
If I remove that cable sleep worked but THB disable.:rolleyes:

I have the THB_C header cable connected and TB, USB and sleep/wake work. But on X99 I use TBEX 3. I would remove the cable just for hot plug.

From my tests with the Alpine Ridge on X299 I witnessed that with connected THB_C header cable, TB only works with USB3.1 stick connected to the second port. But this weird behaviour mainly depends on the BIOS settings.

So, @kgp, can I ask, is your TB3 card in slot 4 or slot 6 on your X99-A II motherboard?

View attachment 333532

Okay, thanks for that!

So, I tried your new EFI (ImacPro), on a known good bootable secondary drive, using EFI-X99-10.13.5-System-290518, and I couldn't boot. The booting stopped really early at "End Randomseed".

I then tried Clover 4509, and got the same result. But, if I used 4428, I could boot. It's true I'm still on 10.13.4, but it's a puzzle as to why 4458 (which is what your EFI is using) and 4509 both stop at the "End Randomseed" but 4428 does not.

Last edited:
I sen
I just tried my link before. It immediately dowloads the repackager.

No idea what you are doing my friend. Maybe one needs to remain logged in on IM to make the link work?

Yet I am missing your detailed explanation in how you perform the web driver repacking.

Cheers,

KGP
Thanks, I'll try again re signing in in IM. I'm sending a detailed of what I did when I get home from work. Thanks a lot!

Okay, thanks for that!

So, I tried your new EFI (ImacPro), on a known good bootable secondary drive, using EFI-X99-10.13.5-System-290518, and I couldn't boot. The booting stopped really early at "End Randomseed".

I then tried Clover 4509, and got the same result. But, if I used 4428, I could boot. It's true I'm still on 10.13.4, but it's a puzzle as to why 4458 (which is what your EFI is using) and 4509 both stop at the "End Randomseed" but 4428 does not.

You know that you still have to add/adopt the correct VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustReset.kext to/in my EFI? Without this kext, or with the kext not properly adopted, your system would just stop at early boot: *********, although the latter problem is not at all Clover or AptioMemoryFix.efi related.

Well, Voodoo was in there, and properly configured for my processor, but I'll try again. Thanks!

I just tried my link before. It immediately dowloads the repackager.

No idea what you are doing my friend. Maybe one needs to remain logged in on IM to make the link work?

Yet I am missing your detailed explanation in how you perform the web driver repacking.

Cheers,

KGP

@kgp Here goes a detailed explanation of my failed patching/installing process:

1. Installed macOS HS Public Beta.

2. Looked online for a solution for graphics not working. (then I asked you here and you told me to look on section E.1 of your guide)

3. Try to download the Repackager from the link you provided, but it wasn't working (then I asked you and you told me to log in on InsanellyMac)

4. Felt quite stupid.

5. Logged in on IM and downloaded de Repackager.

6. Followed the instructions provided in the patch with WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106.

(in Readme.txt from Repackager downloaded from IM)

i. Wasn't sure how to 2. Open terminal and cd the Nvidia Packager directory.

ii. 4. Close the folder that opens up when it extracts the Payload. Not sure what to do here.

7. Patched the WebDriver-378.10.10.10.25.106 anyway and the file sowed up in Desktop.

8. Installed it.

9. i.) Copy /L/E/ NVDAStartupWeb.kext to your Desktop. (I don't know from which folder. From Payload? System? user/Library?) Looked for NVDAWebStartUp.kext on regular Library folder, wasn't there. Looked on System/Library and it wasn't there either. Didn`t know what to do.

10. Found NVDAWebStartUp.kext in /Payload/Library/Extensions. Don't know if its the right folder or the right file..

11. Moved the file to root/Library/Extensions.

12. Not working..

@kgp I also realized that my architecture is Pascal, not Maxwell. I have a 1060 3 GB. This means I've been trying to patch drivers for the wrong micro-architecture.. Does this make any difference?

1.) Are you sure that your system drive is the Western Digital SSD and not the crucial SSD?

2.) Seems that your webdriver installation does not work. Maybe you messed up with the web driver patching?

In any case... again you did not consider what I wrote above.

1. I have two System drives, Crucial is for Sierra and WD is for High Sierra. Sierra is working great with spectacular benchmarks thanks to your previous guide for Sierra on X99.

2. Perhaps I'm messing up with the instruction cd the Nvidia Packager directory. I'm not completely sure I know how to do that. So maybe, that's why the driver installation went wrong (although the installation completes successfully and the driver manager menu is actually showing on the menu bar, so I'm not sure about this either..). This time I used WebDriver-387.10.10.10.30.103

Here's a capture of the instructions, next to what I did to repackage the WebDriver..

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 01.12.52.png

Now, I'm installing the Repackaged-WebDriver.pkg from Desktop..

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 01.17.46.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 01.18.53.png

After reboot:

Screen Shot 2018-05-31 at 01.27.10.png

@kgp As you can see, although the installation process went successful, the WebDriver Preferences says NVIDIA Web Driver: Not Installed. I don't know if that's normal or not, I presume is not. And also, there's no NVDAStartupWeb.kext in /L/E/ to copy to Desktop and follow the next steps of your guide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back