Contribute
Register

How to extend the iMac Pro to X99 [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KGP
Thank you.
I check sleep in windows 10.same problem.
wake up.I don't know why
Please look my ioreg after update iMac Pro KGP style.

Your IOREG picture looks fine.

BTW.. No need to load IMEI PCI driver with SMBIOS iMac Pro. Drop IMEI implementation from SSDT.

Hi @kgp, so excited on this update.
I was wondering if 10.13.5 and bios 1902 are necessary for solving the overclocking issue?

Reactions: kgp
Hi @kgp, so excited on this update.
I was wondering if 10.13.5 and bios 1902 are necessary for solving the overclocking issue?

This is what we have to investigate. It might well be that the Broadwell-E Performance xcpm kernel patch of @PMheart is sufficient. However, it also could be that any of the other steps listed below are necessary in addition.

1.) 10.13.5 PB5
2.) BIOS 1902
3.) SMBIOS ImacPro1,1 and iMac Pro build 17F170a.

After changing from SMBIOS macPro6,1 to SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 crosscheck that OSX also properly implements your system in form of a iMac Pro build.

Screen Shot 2018-05-30 at 07.38.09.png

If Apple's System Report displays Model Name "iMac" instead of "iMac Pro", you have to follow the steps outlined in Section D.) of my Skylake-X/X299 guide, when converting your system.

Last edited:
Your IOREG picture looks fine.

BTW.. No need to load IMEI PCI driver with SMBIOS iMac Pro. Drop IMEI implementation from SSDT.
Thanks KGP
I am work at moment back to home I will test.
I notice your USB3.0-Injection.kext still MACPRO you have to change iMacPro 1.1

This is what we have to investigate. It might well be that the Broadwell-E Performance xcpm kernel patch of @PMheart is sufficient. However, it also could be that any of the other steps listed below are necessary in addition.

1.) 10.13.5 PB5
2.) BIOS 1902
3.) SMBIOS ImacPro1,1 and iMac Pro build 17F170a.

Thanks for the reply.
It seems that, if only use the new kernel patch without all the three steps (10.13.4, BIOS1702, SMBIOS Mac Pro), it does not work.

Thanks KGP

True :)

Thanks KGP

Here it is, attached below.. the old kext was full of errors :)

I also just reloaded EFI-X99-10.13.5-System-290518.zip in post #1700.

Attachments

• KGP-ASUS-X99-A-II-iMacPro-XHCI.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 60
@kgp Can you give a post or two which explains for noobies like me to get a good understanding of these things you are doing with the files and configs?

I already told you the possible answer. Remove it or change like me to ISTAT MENUES!
I removed it and it starts to spin. But Change it to ISTAT MENUES? i don't get that

@kgp Can you give a post or two which explains for noobies like me to get a good understanding of these things you are doing with the files and configs?

I mean, you have my x99 and x299 guides. That should be more than sufficient. No idea how to explain everything in a different way.

Once the new iMacPro approach has been confirmed by some experienced users, I will anyway update the originating post of this thread (guide) or open a new thread with a new guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back