Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi drops out constantly (TP-Link TL-WDN4800) [10.8.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am experiencing similar issues with a Fenvi FV4360. It became really bad when I installed my new GPU... But this post from Graham helped site a bit.

moved the card from the 'hot' side of the Graphics Card, to the 'cold' side and not had a drop since !!! Perhaps it is temperature related ???
Graham

Did not try changing router channel yet. Noticed that for me, 5GHz seems not to be all that friendly bandwidth wise with the Fenvi card.

I'm on 10.12.1 and have the issue. My internet randomly drops and I can't stream to my Apple TV... very frustrating.

Set the router's 5Mhz to use one of channels listed in About Mac-> System Report -> WiFi. Reboot the router. for me with my TP-Link Archer C8.

Thanks jacek, I've updated my router to the specific channel for broadcasting so hopefully that will help. I had my wifi act crazy during an online exam yesterday so hoping to find some type of resolution.

Hello,
I am having this issue too, frequent disconnection from wifi network with wifi icon still on good signal.

I add some more data:
- In a different wifi network i did not noticed this issue, will try on other network and let you know.
- This is an OS related issue and not hardware related as with Ubuntu (on the same laptop) networking is stable.
- Interesting is that opening a ping window with default 1 sec delay I noticed i get disconnected after 600 seconds, 10 minutes, then i left the ping running and after other 10 minutes connection was active again without any intervention !!
- when connection dropped I looked at system logs but did not find anything suspicious.

Anyone has ideas how to troubleshoot this with system tools / command interface?

Can someone try to reproduce the 10 minutes drop/reconnect on his machine?

Thanks.
P.

Last edited:
Ok I solved. It was a wifi access point related issue , strangely occurring only with Mac OS, I upgraded the wifi access
point firmware (TP-LINK W8951 ) and by now it passed the 10 minutes .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back