Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi drops out constantly (TP-Link TL-WDN4800) [10.8.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still an issue for me. This problem is over three years old, has there really been no solution to this problem?

Hi jbeshay,

So you confirm you have the same issue with different wifi networks?

Ciao
Paolo

Not only is this an issue on multiple wi-fi networks but is an issue with identical builds. I built my roommate the exact same hackintosh as mine and we both have this issue. I tried switching our router to N only, channel 1 only and 5 ghz only so that there is only one way to connect to it, still loses the IP under heavy load.

same here, however when i start playing music on youtube and let it autoplay this keeps the internet going, so i think it has something to do with a drop in the connectivity or so.

but i'm also using a wacom tablet with touch which also seems to messing around with the whole network diagnostics always asking to "always allow". the whole wacom problem seems to be common with el capitan tho.

EDIT: changed the smbios to imac 14,2 up til now no problems

EDIT2: just had my first drop since yesterday so i dont know any solutions

Last edited:
still without a solution? i can't believe it, i'm with 10.11.6 and still with this bug, already tried 3 different routers and wireless configurations, no doubts that is a card problem with macos

still without a solution? i can't believe it, i'm with 10.11.6 and still with this bug, already tried 3 different routers and wireless configurations, no doubts that is a card problem with macos

Old post create a new post.

I had a problem that I mentioned in another thread, perhaps related to this. My TP-Link card would work under Linux but stopped working under Sierra. In MacOS the card would show up, you could see networks, but you could not connect.

My solution was to remove and reseat the PCI card. I tried to make sure it was firmly in place.

My only theory is that perhaps it has something to do with how PCIe lanes are arbitrated by the different OSes?

'Fun' fact: I started getting this issue after upgrading to 10.12.4 with my TP-LINK T9E AC1900... After each reboot the card would connect to the router in ac mode, then, after several minutes, it would switch to n mode and break all network connections (until disconnect->connect or reboot). I went back to WDN4800 (n mode) and everything's fine again. Weird.

I do not have this problem.Despite
Wi-Fi: Looking for Networks

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I was having 0 problems with wifi on 10.12.1, then one day seemingly all went to hell -- limited/no connectivity, all sorts of problems. Tried everything then randomly found a thread somewhere that suggested deselecting the "Wake for Wi-Fi network access" option under Energy Saver prefs and *voila* immediate (and I mean immediate - no logout, no reboot) fix. Bandwidth is solid, connectivity solid... hopefully it takes, and good luck everyone!

I had two different machines experiencing this issue. Unchecking "Wake for network access" in Energy Saver did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back