Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi drops out constantly (TP-Link TL-WDN4800) [10.8.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to try mine on 10.13 and it seems to be fine now. OK so far. Sorta feel like I just want to buy another card to get rid of this one that been near useless the past couple years as it would drop out and turning on/off it never rejoined network. I actually went back to ethernet for the past year or more

So I'm gonna add my tale to this thread.
I've been using this card since about 2012, and on 10.8, 10.9, it was perfect, on 10.10 and 10.11 it sometimes under heavy loads (copying GBs of files to/from the NAS) it would occasionally disconnect. I would have to toggle the wifi icon and restart my copies. After I updated to 10.12 I started seeing more serious issues. When I did have a connection, it was very slow, the rate (shown on the menu bar) would fluctuate anything from 1mbps to 2-300mbps all the time, making my life miserable. This is the current state of play for me, and I am wondering whether to update to 10.13 or just go 10.12.5->10.12.6. One other thing, I am using an airport extreme (not the last tower model, the one before) which I've also had since about 2011/12 and is not on the latest firmware (on purpose). This is another thing I could do to see if it's causing the issue.
BTW - when I reboot into win10, this card is flawless and super-fast. I can copy GBs between my NAS in minutes, not hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back