Contribute
Register

Wi-Fi drops out constantly (TP-Link TL-WDN4800) [10.8.3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
An easy workaround for this problem is to create (if your routers have the option, fritzbox!7390 has it, and also the apple time capsules have that option) a dedicated network only for the 5ghz frequency and a second one at 2.4ghz for all the peripherals that aren't compatible with the 5ghz one. With my wifi card I have no problems since being connected only to the 5ghz network (but 2.4 still doesn't work).
Another possible fix is to deactivate the B+G+N on the 2.4ghz frequency, only leaving the B+G on it (but it slowed down the network speed of our non 5ghz compatible computers).

Having this problem with a TP-Link 4800 on a "newer" system ;) now and tried this with my Airport Extreme. Will edit with results. Thanks for the hint.

EDIT: Didn't help in setting the radio mode to A/N - A/B/G on my Airport Extreme :(

Anything shown in the console.app when the connection drops? I have 3 hacks at the moment, all running 10.8.4, at home I have a old Linksys which must have 2.4GHz and 5GHz as different SSID, at office we have an even older Asus which only runs 2.4GHz, and in my gf's place which she's an Airport Extreme-N, all my hacks have TP-Link TL-WDN4800 and I am not having this problem. So I suspect there is something else happening instead of incompatible card.

I had a wifi drop problem before, it was just that the WiFi card overheating, was placed too close to the 6870 display card, it was also on top of the display card (heat goes up). After I moved the card to a different slot, problem solved. But I am sure this wasn't your problem, I just thought that I mention it.

Had the same problem within the 2,4GHz band.
Did two things.

- First, I changed to channel 9, as none of the other 20 Wi-Fi networks in my reach is using this channel.
- Second, I disabled the 300 Mbit/s optimization within my FRITZ!Box 7330 Wi-Fi settings -> but this results into 144 Mbit/s only!

Since (1 week already) then I had no more problems!

Edit:
This solved my problem! Never lost my connection again!

I am struggling with the same problem. But for me it started about january. I am pretty sure updates caused this situation, because it has worked flawlessly for a few months. I am on 10.7.5 (From 10.7.4 it stopped working properly more or less). Id be really glad about a solution, because getting a new one would be rather annoying.

What BIOS do you all have? UEFI, AWARD? It might also be that I have upgraded to UEFI.

Had the same problem, same as you, moved the card from the 'hot' side of the Graphics Card, to the 'cold' side and not had a drop since !!! Perhaps it is temperature related ???

Graham

BUMP! I have had this problem since I updated from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4

Anything new about this problem?

I also have the TP-Link TL-WDN4800.

The only solution at the minute is to disable security on your wireless and turn SSID broadcasting off, it's the only thing that's given me a stable connection, apple really screwed up this time.

My wifi is also dropping out frequently. I have a build almost identical to the Sept buyers guide CustoMac MiniDeluxe, with the TP-Link TL-WDN4800.

I have noticed in the console a lot of logging statements as follows:
09/10/2013 20:45:17.000 kernel[0]: nd6_na_input: duplicate IP6 address fe80:0005::xxxx:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx

Could it be the cause of the drop outs? Any other advice?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back