Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok this is where it gets tricky. I have read your instructions line by line and as a beginner I seem to be having trouble with the following step.

5.) When Clover Installation completes, copy the "config.plist" file and the "/drivers64UEFI/" and "/kexts/10.12/" directories of ptzulu into the "CLOVER" directory of the EFI partition of your USB installation medium.

I understand I need to copy these files but Im unclear where am I getting these files from? Is there a link or place I missed that I copy these suggested files into the EFI partition? Also without copying anything, I have notice that these files are already in the EFI Partition so Im unclear as to if I need to delete them and add the ones you have outlined or have they been updated so you don't have to copy them in?

Also what does "directories of ptzulu" stand for I don't see this name anywhere in the EFI partition.

This folder "/kexts/10.12/". is empty as you say it should be but

This folder "/drivers64UEFI/" has the following files in it from the pic I have included.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 12.27.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 12.27.39 PM.png
    198 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
Ok this is where it gets tricky. I have read your instructions line by line and as a beginner I seem to be having trouble with the following step.

5.) When Clover Installation completes, copy the "config.plist" file and the "/drivers64UEFI/" and "/kexts/10.12/" directories of ptzulu into the "CLOVER" directory of the EFI partition of your USB installation medium.

I understand I need to copy these files but Im unclear where am I getting these files from? Is there a link or place I missed that I copy these suggested files into the EFI partition? Also without copying anything, I have notice that these files are already in the EFI Partition so Im unclear as to if I need to delete them and add the ones you have outlined or have they been updated so you don't have to copy them in?

After the clover installation you will have some of the files already there if you did not deselect them during the clover installation process. You will have to delete the config.plist and all content in the /drivers64UEFI/" and "/kexts/10.12/" directories. Then you have to download the files of ptzulu that I attached at the end of my post. Than you copy the config.plist and /drivers64UEFI/" and "/kexts/10.12/" directories of ptzulu to your /EFI/CLOVER/ directory. Everything as carefully described in my guide. Good luck @Moviemaykr! :thumbup:

Last edited:

Also what does "directories of ptzulu" stand for I don't see this name anywhere in the EFI partition.

This folder "/kexts/10.12/". is empty as you say it should be but

This folder "/drivers64UEFI/" has the following files in it from the pic I have included.

After clover installation, delete the config-plist in "/EFI/CLOVER/"and all files in "/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/" and "EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/", previously installed with clover!

Now you have to download the three zip-files attached at the end of my guide:

1) "config.plist.zip" -> unzip and copy the "config-plist" file to the "/EFI/CLOVER" directory.
2) "drivers64UEFI.zip" -> unzip and copy the "drivers64UEFI" directory to the "/EFI/CLOVER" directory.
3) "kexts.zip" -> unzip and copy the "kexts" directory to the "/EFI/CLOVER/" directory.

Everything clear now? It is really not a big deal!

Last edited:
Sorry to be a pain but sometimes whats easy for you is hard for others. I don't know if its my laptop with a USB C to USB 3 adaptor or something else but my laptop is now having major issues with copying Kexts files over. I kinda feel bad your the only one responding. I feel like someone else has to have had this problem and can help out. I don't want KGP to have to respond to everything. I have tried every way to copy and paste and drag and drop these damn kext files into the EFI partition in the correct folder and every time it gets stuck and will not finish copying.
Like I said KGP did a great job explaining but sometimes there are crazy instances like mine where some things are just whacky and thats why we have these forums to help people like myself get through this. These are learning experiences and if another fellow person runs into the same problem then maybe I can help them and pass along the info after I figure this out. We are all trying to help each other on this board even if it gets frustrating. All knowledge and skill levels for understanding this stuff is different from person to person but Im patient and will figure this out and not get upset or worry about how I come across. My end goal is to find the knowledge I seek one way of the other. LOL

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 1.48.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-24 at 1.48.01 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I've never built a hackintosh before but i think I want to try this one. I need one for 4k video editing and 3D animation. I think I might be a bit crazy for trying this one first.

Ok finally after using an older MacBook Pro I was able to load the Kext files onto the usb drive that was being blocked while using a brand new MBpro. Weird, but anyways I went through all the steps outlined in changing the bios settings except for 1

in Step 5. (NOTE: If you want to use the Wifi PCI Express Card choose the "Standard Mode" instead, otherwhise the WIFI PCI Express Card will not be recognized.) which on the X99-A motherboard bios was not an option. I do want to use my WIFI Card so I selected (Auto)

There is only 1 Samsung Evo 850 SSD drive plugged in and I choose to boot up from the Clover USB stick and these images were what I saw. After watching other youtube videos, I notice my menu does not look the same nor can I choose an option to install Sierra.

Anyone have an idea of what Im missing?
Im wondering if in the boot args I also need to add nvda_drv=1 kext-dev-mode=1

Attachments

• IMG_3112.JPG
    IMG_3112.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3113.JPG
    IMG_3113.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
Just found another post that was very helpful.

These are the boot args that worked for me.

dart=0 nv_disable=1 npci=x2000 -v

Im now in the installation of Sierra and will see how it goes

Could someone help me with getting the audio running? I can't seem to get it to work.

I have the same specs as the OP computer is working great minus audio. I'm really not sure how to approach it.
(I'm new to this) any help would be appreciated.

Could someone help me with getting the audio running? I can't seem to get it to work.

I have the same specs as the OP computer is working great minus audio. I'm really not sure how to approach it.
(I'm new to this) any help would be appreciated.

The audio setup is described in detail within my guide. The Voodoo driver is already implemented in the default installation. If you did everything properly, your audio must work, without doing anything additionally. If you want to go for the optional cloverALC driver, please follow my guide.

Last edited:
Once again I need some help...

The other day I tried booting up and was presented with this screen of just colors.
I have tried everything I can think of. I tried reformatting and following the guide again, same thing.
Tried different SMBIOS, nothing. Tried older drivers but then they wouldn't load. I have followed every single line of your guide several times. I don't understand what the problem is. I'm currently on 10.12.3.
IMG_9569.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back