Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
:idea: Latest News :idea:: Sierra 10.12.3 update working without problems! :thumbup: No updated NVIDIA Web-driver available yet! Workaround: Set the NVDARequiredOS tag in the /S/L/E/NVDAStartupWeb.kext/Contents/Info.plist to 16D32. Reboot.
Old drivers work like a charm. :thumbup:

If you want to install Sierra on your system, I recommend you to follow my guide. The Geforce 740 FTW shall work without problem. However, concerning your XFX Radeaon R9 280X you will have to collect information elsewhere in related posts. If your Intel 5820k is compatible with your Asus X99-A board, everything shall be fine. What do you mean by Tony MacX86 installation method? You refer to UNIBEAST? An installation by means of UNIBEAST will not work, however you are of course free to use and try it. I also do not understand what you mean by: "Does this Clover method works better?". Anyway, Good luck!

Thanks so much KPG, I think after hearing what you responded it might be best for me to use the Geforce 740 card and get a better Geforce card later. This machine is a workstation for video editing and content creation. I got the XFX 280x card last year because in the Mac pros they have been using Radeon Cards and thought it would work easy and it didn't on a previous build. Yes I did mean the Unibeast way of installing and also thought an installation using the Clover software is a completely different to install software to create a Hackintosh.
Thus meaning either you can use one way of the other on your machine but you con not combine the 2 methods, which I know is not suppose to be the case anyways. I have a free 256 Samsung 850 SSD and will try your method step by step although Im not as technical as most on this forum. The one thing I love about you post is you actually type out every step where in most videos they just blaze through it assuming you know what to do.
Yes the 5820k processor works because I have had a PC working for over a year now but I always seem to have issues eventually with it updating or starting up and feel that at least the Mac OS will be much more stable and consistent.
I think the hardest part of the install for some newcomers is dealing with the Bios and you have done a great job laying that out.
Id be selfish to ask but it would be great if someone on here did a youtube video step by step of your outlined process.

I have a SSD reader and was wondering if I could install Sierra onto it using my wife brand new Mac book pro? Would that be easier?

Hi KPG, I started your clover method of installation to create my Hackintosh using a new MacBook Pro and a 32 gb USB stick.

I got to the terminal part and typed what you wrote in your post in and Im not sure it worked. I assume after I type all you wrote in I was supposed to press enter on the keyboard and maybe it would ask for my password but that did not happen. Did I do something wrong?

Here is what my terminal looked like after I hit enter.

sudo/Applications/Install\macOS\Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmeadia--volume/Volumes/USB--applicationpath/Applications/Install\macOS\Sierra.app--nointeraction

-bash: sudo/Applications/InstallmacOSSierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmeadia--volume/Volumes/USB--applicationpath/Applications/InstallmacOSSierra.app--nointeraction: No such file or directory

Hi KPG, I started your clover method of installation to create my Hackintosh using a new MacBook Pro and a 32 gb USB stick.

I got to the terminal part and typed what you wrote in your post in and Im not sure it worked. I assume after I type all you wrote in I was supposed to press enter on the keyboard and maybe it would ask for my password but that did not happen. Did I do something wrong?

Here is what my terminal looked like after I hit enter.

sudo/Applications/Install\macOS\Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmeadia--volume/Volumes/USB--applicationpath/Applications/Install\macOS\Sierra.app--nointeraction

-bash: sudo/Applications/InstallmacOSSierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmeadia--volume/Volumes/USB--applicationpath/Applications/InstallmacOSSierra.app--nointeraction: No such file or directory

I figured it out and fixed it. Its very important that its typed exactly as shown WITH the spaces in some of it such as these parts, \ Sierra.app/. some people may think you weren't supposed to have a space there. like I said Im a newcomer so Im doing a bunch of trial and error.

Thanks so much KPG, I think after hearing what you responded it might be best for me to use the Geforce 740 card and get a better Geforce card later. This machine is a workstation for video editing and content creation. I got the XFX 280x card last year because in the Mac pros they have been using Radeon Cards and thought it would work easy and it didn't on a previous build. Yes I did mean the Unibeast way of installing and also thought an installation using the Clover software is a completely different to install software to create a Hackintosh.
Thus meaning either you can use one way of the other on your machine but you con not combine the 2 methods, which I know is not suppose to be the case anyways. I have a free 256 Samsung 850 SSD and will try your method step by step although Im not as technical as most on this forum. The one thing I love about you post is you actually type out every step where in most videos they just blaze through it assuming you know what to do.
Yes the 5820k processor works because I have had a PC working for over a year now but I always seem to have issues eventually with it updating or starting up and feel that at least the Mac OS will be much more stable and consistent.
I think the hardest part of the install for some newcomers is dealing with the Bios and you have done a great job laying that out.
Id be selfish to ask but it would be great if someone on here did a youtube video step by step of your outlined process.

I have a SSD reader and was wondering if I could install Sierra onto it using my wife brand new Mac book pro? Would that be easier?

You mean you have an external SSD and you want to use it instead of an usb-stick for installation? Sure, you can do that although I don't think it would make things easier. Certainly you can create an usb installation medium on the brand new Macbook of your wife ;) If she lets you ;)... By the way... Unibeast also installs clover... there is no difference except the tiny one that an Unibeast-Installation will not work for your system configuration :lol:... Good luck Moviemaykr!:thumbup:

I figured it out and fixed it. Its very important that its typed exactly as shown WITH the spaces in some of it such as these parts, \ Sierra.app/. some people may think you weren't supposed to have a space there. like I said Im a newcomer so Im doing a bunch of trial and error.

:thumbup:

Now Im trying to copy over the FakeSMC file to the EFI partition then went to in the kexts folder then the folder labeled Other and tried to drop in the FakeSMC file and it gets hung up and won't finish copying. I then tried to copy and paste the file instead of drag and drop the file and still no luck. Anyone ever had this happen? It won't work unless I can copy this file over to the right folder.

Now Im trying to copy over the FakeSMC file to the EFI partition then went to in the kexts folder then the folder labeled Other and tried to drop in the FakeSMC file and it gets hung up and won't finish copying. I then tried to copy and paste the file instead of drag and drop the file and still no luck. Anyone ever had this happen? It won't work unless I can copy this file over to the right folder.

Please read my guide carefully.. Otherwise I will not be able to help you!

Last edited:

OK solved my own problem!! LOL
You can NOT drag your FakeSMC file onto your desktop then drop it into the folder. You have to click on your downloads folder and drag it over from there. OK now onto the installation!

OK solved my own problem!! LOL
You can NOT drag your FakeSMC file onto your desktop then drop it into the folder. You have to click on your downloads folder and drag it over from there. OK now onto the installation!

Anyway you should just copy the "config.plist" file and the "/drivers64UEFI/" and "/kexts/10.12/" directories of ptzulu into the "CLOVER" directory of the EFI partition. No other files should be in the /kexts/10.12/ and /drivers64UEFI/ directories of your EFI partition! By the way the kext files of ptzulu should be in the "10.12" and not in the "Others" directory as clearly stated above!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back