Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tried both of his drivers, and no go. I am asking him simultaneously about his install.

Lets go back to the hardware for a second.
On some other hacks I have built there have been very specific instructions on what SATA port to hook the hard drive to and what USB port to use.

Anyone have advice on that route

Kevin

The OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi did not worked with the X99-A II. However, ptzulus files did! Thus, if ptzulus files do not work with the X-99 Deluxe II, I am afraid that you will not succeed with your build at all, whatever you intent to do! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am not surprised... the OsxAptioFix2Drv.efi or OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi neither worked with the X99-A II. However, ptzulus files did! Thus, if ptzulus files do not work with the X-99 Deluxe II, I am afraid that you will not succeed with your build at all, whatever you intent to do! :rolleyes:
Just to report in. I have successfully gotten the installer to boot, and I am installing as we speak. I will report back the fine details, but the problems were with having to use different USB Setting than the original post.

Kevin

Update #2
Nvidia web drivers installed and working. Cuda installed and working. Initial Geek Bench 4429 and 25332. I feel this should be more along the lines of 32K. Any performance boosting tips.
and a Hardy THANK YOU to KGP, Giacomoleopardo, and Nick Woodhams

Kevin

Last edited:
Just to report in. I have successfully gotten the installer to boot, and I am installing as we speak. I will report back the fine details, but the problems were with having to use different USB Setting than the original post.

Kevin

Update #2
Nvidia web drivers installed and working. Cuda installed and working. Initial Geek Bench 4429 and 25332. I feel this should be more along the lines of 32K. Any performance boosting tips.
and a Hardy THANK YOU to KGP, Giacomoleopardo, and Nick Woodhams

Kevin

Great! :clap: Please report back the fine details concerning the different USB Settings for all X-99 Deluxe II users. :thumbup:

Hi kgp,

Thanks for your updated guide for macOS Sierra build :clap:

Have you managed to get XCPM working on your build yet? If so, what SMBIOS profile are you using and what FreqVectors have you injected?

Have you generated a SSDT.aml and is PM working?

Many Thanks,
ciaodiablo

Hi kgp,

Thanks for your updated guide for macOS Sierra build :clap:

Have you managed to get XCPM working on your build yet? If so, what SMBIOS profile are you using and what FreqVectors have you injected?

Have you generated a SSDT.aml and is PM working?

Many Thanks,
ciaodiablo

Sorry Ciaodiablo, but I never really found the time to do so. Honestly, also it was not one of my major interests. If you want to make your own attempts in this direction and you could publish results/solutions here, you are certainly more than welcome! I am sure that many other users would appreciate it in addition. :thumbup: Cheers

I have the Deluxe II board and I have been beating my head into a wall this evening. Would you mind telling me how your install process was modified to work with your deluxe board.

Kevin
The message of mine that you quoted in your message was to the original poster. So in essence, I followed the OP's instructions to the letter...BUT, in my situation, I also had to add the OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi file in the drivers64UEFI folder, too. That's pretty much it....not sure what more I could tell you, other than simply go back to post #1 and make sure you are following those instructions exactly as written, plus of course add the extra file as I've noted here. Good luck!!

Hey guys! I'm very excited about this thread cuz I'm gonna build the exact same hackintosh next week! :) The only thing I'm concerned about is using m.2 ssd ? Is there any problems using m.2 slot on this particular mobo ? I'm about to buy samsung 950 pro. As far as I know it's the best option with the best w/r speed. Any help would be deeply apreciated :)

PS - I would love to have 8 video outputs due to my graphic/video work needs, what's the best option for me ? 2xGTX 960/970 ?

Last edited:
Hey guys! I'm very excited about this thread cuz I'm gonna build the exact same hackintosh next week! :) The only thing I'm concerned about is using m.2 ssd ? Is there any problems using m.2 slot on this particular mobo ? I'm about to buy samsung 950 pro. As far as I know it's the best option with the best w/r speed. Any help would be deeply apreciated :)

PS - I would love to have 8 video outputs due to my graphic/video work needs, what's the best option for me ? 2xGTX 960/970 ?
I had it working well under El Capitan, as there was a nice driver/install package that took care of things. But m.2 SSD (Samsung Pro 950) right now is a LOT more work to get running under Sierra (IMHO).

Start here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/os-x-driver-for-nvme-m-2-solid-state-drives-released.181387/

Thanks for the fast response! I'm gonna skip the m.2 ssd's for now and simply will put regular sata ssd :) What can you suggest for a gpu's ? I need 8 outputs, don't need sli, is it possible to use 2 different cards for example GTX 980 and GTX 950? Thanks a lot for the help!

Thanks for the fast response! I'm gonna skip the m.2 ssd's for now and simply will put regular sata ssd :) What can you suggest for a gpu's ? I need 8 outputs, don't need sli, is it possible to use 2 different cards for example GTX 980 and GTX 950? Thanks a lot for the help!

Are you sure that 8 outputs will be sufficient for your needs? :) I can imagine that two graphic cards are useful for CUDA, but I cannot imagine at all why one would need 8 monitors :rolleyes:.. Certainly you will be able to provide us with the appropriate answer. In any case, after reading several posts concerning dual GPU systems it seems that you just have to install the NVIDIA Web Drivers and you shall be good to go. However, if each of the outputs will be functional at the end I do not know...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back