Contribute
Register

The Perfect Customac-Pro: X99-A II, i7-6950X, 128GB G.Skill TridentZ, Aorus GTX 1080 TI Xtreme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again I need some help...

The other day I tried booting up and was presented with this screen of just colors.
I have tried everything I can think of. I tried reformatting and following the guide again, same thing.
Tried different SMBIOS, nothing. Tried older drivers but then they wouldn't load. I have followed every single line of your guide several times. I don't understand what the problem is. I'm currently on 10.12.3.View attachment 233625

Looks like a problem with your graphic card or graphic driver? But there is also some airport message at the top of the screen. No idea.. never faced such kind of problem. Any body else can help here? Looks like a problem not related to my build....

Are you creating a Sierra boot drive and then putting that into the box? I created a boot USB using unibeast then the clover configurations, but I can't get it to boot.
I am getting a similar screen on my build.
X-99 Deluxe II, i7-6900K, 64 Gig of ram with a Titan X

image1.JPG

I am getting a similar screen on my build.
X-99 Deluxe II, i7-6900K, 64 Gig of ram with a Titan X

View attachment 234026

Sorry, I am not able to read the text on your screen in your attachment. I do not recommend to use Unibeast for this build. It won't work.

Last edited:
Nobody can read the text on your screen in your attachment. General comment: I do not understand why people installing Mac OS Sierra with Unibeast post here!!! I explicitly state in my guide that Unibeast will not work for this build. Furthermore I do not understand why people are not able to simply read and follow the instructions in my guide! It is a pain in my neck to permanently receive stupid request and comments totally out of scope....
Calm Calm I apologize for the crappy iPhone Pic here is another one. I did not use Unibeast I followed exactly your instructions I have a different motherboard and Graphics card thats why I stated that up front. I have the X-99 Deluxe II and a titan X

Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 12.44.29 AM.png
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Calm Calm I apologize for the crappy iPhone Pic here is another one. I did not use Unibeast I followed exactly your instructions I have a different motherboard and Graphics card thats why I stated that up front. I have the X-99 Deluxe II and a titan X

View attachment 234031 View attachment 234029 View attachment 234030

O.K. Sorry!:) I see... :thumbup: Well the files in the drivers64UEFI and kexts directories look fine. I guess you also use the config.plist of ptzulu? Did you apply the correct BIOS settings? Do you use the latest clover version? In any case, it might be the different board, which causes the problems, although if I correctly remember, one succeeded in booting even with this board using my instructions. Can you read all previous comments to my post? In any case, your problem is different from Cyotheking's. Your system does not boot right from the beginning. It seems to be a problem related to OsxAptioFixDrv.

O.K. Sorry!:) I see... :thumbup: Well the files in the drivers64UEFI and kexts directories look fine. I guess you also use the config.plist of ptzulu? Did you apply the correct BIOS settings? Do you use the latest clover version? In any case, it might be the different board, which causes the problems, although if I correctly remember, one succeeded in booting even with this board using my instructions. Can you read all previous comments to my post? In any case, your problem is different from Cyotheking's. Your system does not boot right from the beginning. It seems to be a problem related to OsxAptioFixDrv.
Clover version is latest as of today, and yes that is the config.plist from your original post. I have checked and double checked the Bios settings. I will scrub back through all of the posts and see if I can find anything else.

Kevin

You my friend, are a lifesaver!!! I have had my hardware & been working on & off on trying to get a good solid & stable build for about a year now (initially started under OSX 10.10.x). I did exactly as you instructed, including the BIOS settings. While there were a couple hiccups during the installation (some reboots that I wasn't expecting that sort of gave me a quick scare), my system is now up & running, and it appears to be working pretty well.

My biggest problem was the whole OsxAptioFixDrv drama. In previous attempts using other methods, I'd be OK with just the GPU, but the minute I added another card, things went to pieces. Tried all combinations of OsxAptioFixDrv2, plus the other options with Test2_2016, OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi, etc. etc. The system was very unstable & frequently would take me 3 or 4 attempts to boot up.

Note that I **did** have to add Test2-2016.efi to my build. Your instructions PLUS adding that is the magic formula for me in my case:
ASUS X99-DELUXE (1st gen)
i7 5930x
EVGA GTX 970
16GB Ripjaw
ThunderboltIIEX-Dual card

TB is working great - I have my OWC Thunderbolt 2 docking station hooked up to it, and listening to audio via the device's on-board USB audio (BTW, mobo onboard audio working ok with VooDooHDA kext). I've also connected a USB3 drive to the dock & works. I have a couple other TB devices that I will test further.

Things I still need to check/test: USB3 really runs at USB3 speed.

Wish list: a little overclocking to improve performance. I see a lot of folks with their X99 builds & successfully OC'ing to 4.3 GHz. When I had my build running (sort of) before under 10.10.x, the OC was working & I was getting some good GeekBench speeds. If anyone has any tips on how to take this build & do a little OC, I'm all ears.

Once again, MANY MANY thanks!!!
--B
I have the Deluxe II board and I have been beating my head into a wall this evening. Would you mind telling me how your install process was modified to work with your deluxe board.

Kevin

Clover version is latest as of today, and yes that is the config.plist from your original post. I have checked and double checked the Bios settings. I will scrub back through all of the posts and see if I can find anything else.

You might try nickwoodhams.com, his OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi may help you.

Tried both of his drivers, and no go. I am asking him simultaneously about his install.

Lets go back to the hardware for a second.
On some other hacks I have built there have been very specific instructions on what SATA port to hook the hard drive to and what USB port to use.

Anyone have advice on that route

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back