Motherboard
HP Z600
CPU
E5606
Graphics
K1200 Nvidia
Mac
MacBook Pro
Hey d4vinder great work on this and the tutorial. I'm about to give this a try on my Z600.
One question I have is do you need a ps2 keyboard and mouse? That bit was a little confusing, and it wasn't listed in the "What you will need" section.
Yes you will require a PS2 keyboard and mouse until you reach the point where we activate USB in the guide.

Motherboard
HP Z600
CPU
E5606
Graphics
K1200 Nvidia
Mac
MacBook Pro
Hey, I am trying to do the same installation but on a z640 and I get stuck after I click install os from macOS highsierra; it starts in verbose mode and only prints out 5 lines and then gets stuck. these are the lines:

Freeing low memory (up to 0x200000)
Result = 0
OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
_
It would be interesting to see if you got this working on a Z640. I was thinking about trying it on a z640 soon.

Greetings.. is there a hope in the heavens that will allow me to implement Thunderbolt2 with my Z600? Thanks.
Absolutely no idea. I guess you could buy PCI card and find out.

Motherboard
HP Z600
CPU
E5606
Graphics
K1200 Nvidia
Mac
MacBook Pro
I'll try that right now and see if it helps.

can you explain to me what the drivers section does because It was my understanding that the kernel extensions was the equivalent of drivers in mac as opposed to windows. what is the difference between the ".efi" and ".kext" format and do the kexts start working at boot time or am I supposed to install them to the systems/library/extensions only at post-install after I have finished the whole boot because at this I haven't even been able to boot to the mac install screen so I don't know whether chaning kexts is effective at all.

EDIT: let me just add, it's not that the boot drive has a problem. on my asus laptops that I'm currently using it will boot all the way to the mac install section where I can use terminal, disk utility or install mac os. the problem is that it will not boot only on this particular desktop (HP z640).
Are you saying your USB installer doesn’t boot on the Z640? If so, try the boot method used in the Z600 guide in page 1 of this topic.

Motherboard
ASUS x99-m workstation
CPU
Xeon E5 v.3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Pro
A new update (13.5)from Apple was successful! However, my USB3.0 NEC PCIe card still no work...
Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 09.28.02.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
HP Z400 V2
CPU
Intel Xeon X5675
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi d4vinder, thanks for the awesome guide!
I'm trying it out on a Hp Z400V2 (X5675 - 12gb Ram - GTX1070)
I get to the install screen whitout any problems, nevertheless when I try to install macOS, I get the message I need to update the firmware to the latest version. Any idea how to bypass this screen ?
Thanks in advance !

Attachments

Motherboard
ASUS x99-m workstation
CPU
Xeon E5 v.3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Pro
Hi d4vinder, thanks for the awesome guide!
I'm trying it out on a Hp Z400V2 (X5675 - 12gb Ram - GTX1070)
I get to the install screen whitout any problems, nevertheless when I try to install macOS, I get the message I need to update the firmware to the latest version. Any idea how to bypass this screen ?
Thanks in advance !
First, try to update for the latest BIOS in HP site, if exists. Second, try to change a serial number in Clover(this will be change for all of the components - MB, UID and etc.).

BreBo

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 970
@23Andreas, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Motherboard
HP Z400 V2
CPU
Intel Xeon X5675
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@mmax, I resolved the problem with the yesterday released update of the clover configurator.
Clearly there was a new bios version and release date (04/18/18) for MacOS 10.13.5.

Everything works perfect now, even the Nvidia webdrivers (I had to check the inject system ID en Nvidiaweb in the clover configurater for it to work)

Motherboard
HP Z800 Version 3
CPU
dual x5675
Graphics
Quadro 4000
Mac
MacBook Air, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I wanted to add a few things that I have found to be true with a Z800 and may also be true with a Z600

The following can be enabled without issue:
- Virtualization (VTx) = Disable
- Virtualization (VT-d2) = Disable

The following can be turned on if you have more drives than SATA ports. NOTE: This will slow down boot time.
- SAS Controller = Hidden

This can be turned on. If you have a sound card or USB sound, it can and should be disabled
- Internal Speaker = Disable

Also, if you have a genuine iMac USB keyboard, you can plug it into any ports but the middle 2 on the back and it will work. Make sure and plug your mouse into the keyboard.

Also, sometimes unpluging and replugging USB devices sometimes is needed until you get everything ironed out.

You don't HAVE to have a PS2 keyboard and mouse just like you can do this with a USB drive instead of a SSD Drive.

Motherboard
ASUS x99-m workstation
CPU
Xeon E5 v.3
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
MacBook Pro
@mmax, I resolved the problem with the yesterday released update of the clover configurator.
Clearly there was a new bios version and release date (04/18/18) for MacOS 10.13.5.

Everything works perfect now, even the Nvidia webdrivers (I had to check the inject system ID en Nvidiaweb in the clover configurater for it to work)
My congratulations!