Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shinji how did you edit your AGPM? I dont think I was doing mine right lol..

Can you post it or PM me?

This is the console output i get when i switch off my monitor then switch it on again

once i switch it back on i just get a blue screen, for about 30 seconds then my desktop appears again but is completely locked up.

same thing happens when i change res, or add a new monitor, doesn't matter if im connected over vga hdmi or dvi the same thing happens

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-05 at 02.20.35.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-05 at 02.20.35.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 303

if your graphics card is being correctly identifyed by the system just go to apple/about this mac/more info

there you see in my case "graphics geforce gts 450 1024 MB", since it is my board i know it is correctly identified, if your is as well press "system report"
go to "Graphics/Display" and you will see "Vendor: NVIDIA (0x@@@@)" where @@@@ is your vendor id
and "Device ID: 0x@@@@" where @@@@ is your device id

now go to System/Library/Extentions and copy AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to your desktop, click the file and select "show package contents", enter in contents and you will see a "Info.plist" file, edit it with textedit with the following instructions http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ermi-agpm-power-management-mountain-lion.html

after finishing save, run KextBeast and install (remember to edit and leave the kext in your desktop or kextbeast installs nothing)
if you edited MacPro5,1 as in the link open multibeast and check "system utilities/repair permissions" and "customization/system definitions/Mac Pro/MacPro 5,1".
when finished reboot, if you have a kernel panic related with "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext" just boot with -x and delete the MCEDriver from system/library/extentions

Monitor Off/On = Bluescreen - Nvidia GeForce GTS 450

Mountain Lion works like a charm on my Machine, BUT.....

Have same problem with Nvidia GeForce GTS 450

1. Turning the Monitor (off) and (On) again, the Screen becomes Blue! i have to restart my hackintosh by power button.

SleepEnabler Test:

(SleepEnabler) does not work for me on ML. (was working fine in 10.7.4).

- with (3.6GHz OC clock) - It crashes my system, and next time i restart my machine i get this in "Bios":
"The system has experienced boot failures because of overcklocking or changes of voltages. Last settings in this page may not coincide with current H/W states."

Important: The system crash, caused by "SleepEnabler" does reset my "Bios CMOS" this is why i get this warning. Otherwise i'm able to run stable and fine up to 4.2GHz.

- with (3.2GHz Normal clock) - SleepEnabler goes sleep mode fine, but it does not awake fully, PCU's are half back, and Monitor Screen is back but Frozzen (or blue) only Mouse is working!

i have also try with flags "darkwake=0" or "darkwake=1" in "org.chameleon.Boot.plist" with no result.

@AlienHrGig
i have a GTS 450 like you, but MacPro3.1 profile, anyway, i would really like to give a try with your editet File, maybe it works what do you think? ? ?

hope this helps a little bit to find soon a fix! any help is welcome.

thanks

My System Specs:
Bootloader: - Chimera v1.11.0
CPU: - Intel i7 960 (3.2 GHz Quad-Core)
MB: - Gigabyte x58a-ud3r rev.2
RAM: - 6GB Corsair
Video: - nVidia GeForce GTS 450 (1GB)
Audio: - External - M-Audio FireWire 410

if your graphics card is being correctly identifyed by the system just go to apple/about this mac/more info

there you see in my case "graphics geforce gts 450 1024 MB", since it is my board i know it is correctly identified, if your is as well press "system report"
go to "Graphics/Display" and you will see "Vendor: NVIDIA (0x@@@@)" where @@@@ is your vendor id
and "Device ID: 0x@@@@" where @@@@ is your device id

now go to System/Library/Extentions and copy AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext to your desktop, click the file and select "show package contents", enter in contents and you will see a "Info.plist" file, edit it with textedit with the following instructions http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...ermi-agpm-power-management-mountain-lion.html

after finishing save, run KextBeast and install (remember to edit and leave the kext in your desktop or kextbeast installs nothing)
if you edited MacPro5,1 as in the link open multibeast and check "system utilities/repair permissions" and "customization/system definitions/Mac Pro/MacPro 5,1".
when finished reboot, if you have a kernel panic related with "AppleTyMCEDriver.kext" just boot with -x and delete the MCEDriver from system/library/extentions

I tired this on my 550Ti and im still getting unknown platform

I'm using a MacPro 5.1 smbios, if you're using another one then just copy the code below the name of your smbios.
Go to System/Library/Extensions and find AppleGraphicsManagement.kext - right click "show contents" - you will see an info.plist file
I have PlistEdit Pro installed, so I edited that file with it, but you can do the same using TextEdit
Navigate to this entry:

Code:
                                <key>MacPro5,1</key>
                                <dict>
Again, this is because I'm using a MacPro5.1 smbios. You can use Multibeast or Chameleon Wizard to get a new smbios.plist or simply navigate to the entry with the name of the smbios that you are using, as you wish.
And immediately below that paste this code:
Code:
                                        <key>Vendor10deDevice1244</key>
                                        <dict>
                                                <key>Heuristic</key>
                                                <dict>
                                                        <key>ID</key>
                                                        <integer>0</integer>
                                                        <key>IdleInterval</key>
                                                        <integer>500</integer>
                                                        <key>SensorOption</key>
                                                        <integer>1</integer>
                                                        <key>TargetCount</key>
                                                        <integer>5</integer>
                                                        <key>Threshold_High</key>
                                                        <array>
                                                                <integer>70</integer>
                                                                <integer>95</integer>
                                                                <integer>110</integer>
                                                                <integer>190</integer>
                                                        </array>
                                                        <key>Threshold_Low</key>
                                                       <array>
                                                                <integer>0</integer>
                                                                <integer>60</integer>
                                                                <integer>90</integer>
                                                                <integer>190</integer>
                                                        </array>
                                                </dict>
                                                <key>control-id</key>
                                                <integer>17</integer>
                                                <key>LogControl</key>
                                                <integer>1</integer>
                                        </dict>
In the first string you will see that it says "Vendor10deDevice1244". That vendor ID and Device ID are for GTX 550ti 1gb, check in Finder/About This Mac/More Info/System Report/Graphics if you have the same vendor ID and Device ID. If not, but you're sure that your card is well recognized, then change the 4 characters right next to "Vendor" and the four characters right next to "Device" with yours.
Close PlistEdit Po and save changes, or close TextEdit saving changes.
Use KextUtility, jut open it and it will repair permissions, update cache, and do it all for you. Just wait till it finish and restart the system.

Done. If you check the console you should now see many kernel: AGPM messages showing state changes for your graphic card. And if you check temperature with HWMonitor you will see that now the GPU runs a little cooler than before.

I'm using a MacPro 5.1 smbios, if you're using another one then just copy the code below the name of your smbios.
Go to System/Library/Extensions and find AppleGraphicsManagement.kext - right click "show contents" - you will see an info.plist file
I have PlistEdit Pro installed, so I edited that file with it, but you can do the same using TextEdit
Navigate to this entry:

Code:
                                <key>MacPro5,1</key>
                                <dict>
Again, this is because I'm using a MacPro5.1 smbios. You can use Multibeast or Chameleon Wizard to get a new smbios.plist or simply navigate to the entry with the name of the smbios that you are using, as you wish.
Code:
                                        <dict>
                                                <key>Heuristic</key>
                                                <dict>
                                                        <key>ID</key>
                                                        <integer>0</integer>
                                                        <key>IdleInterval</key>
                                                        <integer>500</integer>
                                                        <key>SensorOption</key>
                                                        <integer>1</integer>
                                                        <key>TargetCount</key>
                                                        <integer>5</integer>
                                                        <array>
                                                                <integer>70</integer>
                                                                <integer>95</integer>
                                                                <integer>110</integer>
                                                                <integer>190</integer>
                                                        </array>
                                                        <key>Threshold_Low</key>
                                                       <array>
                                                                <integer>0</integer>
                                                                <integer>60</integer>
                                                                <integer>90</integer>
                                                                <integer>190</integer>
                                                        </array>
                                                </dict>
                                                <key>control-id</key>
                                                <integer>17</integer>
                                                <key>LogControl</key>
                                                <integer>1</integer>
                                        </dict>
In the first string you will see that it says "Vendor10deDevice1244". That vendor ID and Device ID are for GTX 550ti 1gb, check in Finder/About This Mac/More Info/System Report/Graphics if you have the same vendor ID and Device ID. If not, but you're sure that your card is well recognized, then change the 4 characters right next to "Vendor" and the four characters right next to "Device" with yours.
Use KextUtility, jut open it and it will repair permissions, update cache, and do it all for you. Just wait till it finish and restart the system.

Done. If you check the console you should now see many kernel: AGPM messages showing state changes for your graphic card. And if you check temperature with HWMonitor you will see that now the GPU runs a little cooler than before.
Hey thanks for your help! Did I do this right?
[imghttp://www.tonymacx86.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26754&stc=1&d=1344151184[/img]

Attachments

• agpm.jpg
    agpm.jpg
    337.4 KB · Views: 1,154
Navigate to this entry:

Code:
                                <key>MacPro5,1</key>
                                <dict>
Code:
                                        <dict>
                                                <key>Heuristic</key>
                                                <dict>
                                                        <key>ID</key>
                                                        <integer>0</integer>
                                                        <key>IdleInterval</key>
                                                        <integer>500</integer>
                                                        <key>SensorOption</key>
                                                        <integer>1</integer>
                                                        <key>TargetCount</key>
                                                        <integer>5</integer>
                                                        <array>
                                                                <integer>70</integer>
                                                                <integer>95</integer>
                                                                <integer>110</integer>
                                                                <integer>190</integer>
                                                        </array>
                                                        <key>Threshold_Low</key>
                                                       <array>
                                                                <integer>0</integer>
                                                                <integer>60</integer>
                                                                <integer>90</integer>
                                                                <integer>190</integer>
                                                        </array>
                                                </dict>
                                                <key>control-id</key>
                                                <integer>17</integer>
                                                <key>LogControl</key>
                                                <integer>1</integer>
                                        </dict>

Hey thanks for your help! Did I do this right?
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
i had (no) entry in Console by entering agpm, so i followed the guide above by editing the smbios.plist. I changed the Vendor's last number to my hardware spec. etc....

now i got only (one) entry in Console, nothing else, hmmm

My System Specs:
Bootloader: - Chimera v1.11.0
CPU: - Intel i7 960 (3.2 GHz Quad-Core)
MB: - Gigabyte x58a-ud3r rev.2
RAM: - 6GB Corsair
Video: - nVidia GeForce GTS 450 (1GB)
Audio: - External - M-Audio FireWire 410

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-08-05 um 10.13.46.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-08-05 um 10.13.46.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 237
Also, if I did not restart the system, after some minutes (like 3 mins) in wich heavy disk access occurs, the blue screen gone and I can see the desktop again and move the cursor, but the system is hanged, the hour does not change and I can't click anything.

Exactly happening here too after a longer wait. Sometimes I see password box with cursor blinking with artefacts on the screen.
I also notices something else:

When I boot, so everything is working, all screens turned on etc, the login screen appears with the nice candy canvas screen to choose the user and type in the password. I see sometimes a small box flashing, and sometimes the box is even bigger, in the left corner area of the screen. After login everything is fine. And the flashing box is disappeared.

Thread on INSANELY MAC:http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280742
On Apple Support: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4149260?start=15&tstart=0

Cheers for now ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back