Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean the evOreboot.kext I tried it earlier and didn't change a thing.

I hate to be that guy, but my EVGA 550 Ti is working just fine- I've tested install, sleep, and wake on all of the systems in my signature.

For CMOS reset in Mountain Lion- as others have stated, this is the command you have to use to patch AppleRTC- it's going to be default in MultiBeast 5.

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

EDIT: Just tested again on the P55M-UD2 + 550 Ti- everything is working as it should- no extra commands or anything needed to access the installer.

Hey tony and other after running the following command for CMOS reset I am now Kernel Panicing after waking from sleep

If it matters I have to CUDA drivers from nVida installed also.

Another one

Ok, here's another one with a EVGA GTX 550 TI (1 GB) and most of the reported problems:

- waking up after computer sleep: black screen
- but: waking up after display sleep: no problem
- changing resolution: blue screen
- connecting 2nd display: can't test, only got 1 display
- watching video in iTunes: doesn't work, neither normal nor fullscreen. Must be a QuickTime issue unrelated to this Fermi stuff, cause QuickTime player won't open the same .mp4 video file either, saying "An unknown error occured (-101)". However, VLC and MPlayerX have no problem with videos, even fullscreen. YouTube videos in Firefox work as well, fullscreen too. EDIT: Indeed, this didn't have to do anything with the Fermi issue... because it's working again, both in iTunes and QT Player. Don't ask me why though.

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H, BIOS F9
CPU: i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz
Mountain Lion fresh install with UniBeast and MultiBeast

hello I have a nvidia GTS 450 on my P55A-UD3 which also uses the fermi, it works but when the computer wakes from sleep it freezes the system having to restart
with my 9600 GT everything works fine no problems, so I think there is a problem with the cards fermi ......

hello I have a nvidia GTX 450 on my P55A-UD3 which also uses the fermi, it works but when the computer wakes from sleep it freezes the system having to restart
with my 9600 GT everything works fine no problems, so I think there is a problem with the cards fermi ......
+1

Ok, here's another one with a EVGA GTX 550 TI (1 GB) and most of the reported problems:

- waking up after computer sleep: black screen
- but: waking up after display sleep: no problem
- changing resolution: blue screen
- connecting 2nd display: can't test, only got 1 display
- watching video in iTunes: doesn't work, neither normal nor fullscreen. Must be a QuickTime issue unrelated to this Fermi stuff, cause QuickTime player won't open the same .mp4 video file either, saying "An unknown error occured (-101)". However, VLC and MPlayerX have no problem with videos, even fullscreen. YouTube videos in Firefox work as well, fullscreen too.

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H, BIOS F9
CPU: i7 3770k 3.5 Ghz
Mountain Lion fresh install with UniBeast and MultiBeast

About same symptoms except im KPing at wake

Isn't there an option in Multibeast for Reset fix?

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

Use that for mountain lion

I had the same problem with the GT 430 so I purchased a GT 630 cause folks were reporting that worked... It does not. Same sleep related issues..
Just experienced a strange event related to this. My GT 630 went into screen saver mode which usually kills the system. This time however the Time Machine was still active although the screen saver graphics were frozen on the screen. I wanted to wait till my backup was finished before rebooting the system manually. The weird thing is my screen eventually came back (about 8 min) at the same time it disconnected / connected my bluetooth connected magic trackpad. Don't know if this is unrelated or a valid clue?

The 630 is another Fermi based card. It is in fact a renamed GT440. If you want to get out of Fermi, and in to Kepler the minimum card you can get is a 640.
http://www.engadget.com/2012/05/20/nvidia-outs-budget-geforce-gt-610-gt-620-and-gt-630-no-kepler/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back