Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely do a fresh install instead of an upgrade from Lion. There could be many factors working against you including kernel caches and odd remnants from drivers that don't exist in Mountain Lion.

also to be clear Tony the card is recognised fine on our systems (minus the 1.5gb ram which is a problem i had in lion too) the issues with the 550ti seem to all be the same so its doubtful for someone to have it working out of the box when so many others are having the same symptoms.

try changing resolution
try plugging a monitor into another port on the card
or in my case just try leaving the comp on overnight without it being crashed when u get back in the morning lol

i have issues exciting full screen (not 100% of the time, but sometimes exciting does lock up the system)

so yeh, my system is usable and is being used, but the constant fear of it crashing and me losing work isn't nice :D

asus gtx 550 Ti

Hi tony i did a fresh install with z77-ds3h and asus 550ti all went good with PCIRootUID=0 then once installed i used mulitbeast used userdsdt option. It worked like a charm but if i leave the computer i get screen tear and wake from sleep blocky screen. I also went from 3.1 to imac12.1 and put my card settings into the applegraphicspowermanagment.kext this made things smoother but didnt fix the issue.

iNews have you tried using any different bios versions?

sorry i dont have Gtx550 Ti ! im just trying to help ur guys with my experience

sorry i dont have Gtx550 Ti ! im just trying to help ur guys with my experience

Ah, well I appreciate it then! I wont have time to try this tonight unfortunately though.

Ah, well I appreciate it then! I wont have time to try this tonight unfortunately though.
well , keep in mind all GTX 550 Ti have the same dev id , wired issue ......

I hate to be that guy, but my EVGA 550 Ti is working just fine- I've tested install, sleep, and wake on all of the systems in my signature.

For CMOS reset in Mountain Lion- as others have stated, this is the command you have to use to patch AppleRTC- it's going to be default in MultiBeast 5.

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

EDIT: Just tested again on the P55M-UD2 + 550 Ti- everything is working as it should- no extra commands or anything needed to access the installer.

View attachment 26592View attachment 26591

Hi Tony. I've tried many things, including a fresh install, and the problem is the same. In previous posts I comment that I did a fresh install and I need to put PCIRootUID=0 to get to the installation screen, something that I didn't need to in Lion, and after that I only install Chimera and nothing more. When I restart the system, the problem is there, the system freezes if I turn off my monitor, change screen resolution, go to full screen in games and exit it, turn on my second screen connected via hdmi. Even, if I turn on the system with both screens connected and powered on, I can use both screens smoothly, but when I turn off the one of the screens, the system hangs trying "powering off" that video output (hdmi or dvi, no matter).
So, 550ti APPEARS to be working ootb in Mountain Lion, but it's not.
If your card do work flawlessly, then it's the bios of that card, or something I missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back