Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to be that guy, but my EVGA 550 Ti is working just fine- I've tested install, sleep, and wake on all of the systems in my signature.

For CMOS reset in Mountain Lion- as others have stated, this is the command you have to use to patch AppleRTC- it's going to be default in MultiBeast 5.

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x89\xd8|\xeb\x30\x89\xd8|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

EDIT: Just tested again on the P55M-UD2 + 550 Ti- everything is working as it should- no extra commands or anything needed to access the installer.

Hi Tony,

Have you tried plugging/unplugging a second monitor into it? That's what triggers a blue screen on my system and some others mentioned in this thread.

Thanks,

Phil

Well, in Lion I do not need any DSDT for my mobo, and neither in Mountain Lion, but I extracted my DSDT, then patched it, and installed it. Also I installed a working kext used to correct some hdd problems with my mobo on early os x versions (I didn't needed it, but just in case). Repaired permissions. Then restarted the system, and the graphic problem is still there.
So I think I tested everything, an now I do not know what else I can do to get this GTX 550ti fully working.
Multibeast 5 would be the solution? I hope so! :)

Same as with others although I have the same issues with Lion. Everything is fine with my dual monitor setup until the displays sleep. Tried a variety of fixes and nothing seems to work.

Same as with others although I have the same issues with Lion. Everything is fine with my dual monitor setup until the displays sleep. Tried a variety of fixes and nothing seems to work.

What graphic card do you have?

Also on my Acer 5742g , it has Nvidia Gt 420 M, im stuck with this card i cannot change it cuz its a lappy system- everything was working perfect on Lion osx, but on ML it has the same simptoms like all others here. I like to mentioned also- i think noone did, that when the OpenCL its not activated- the geforceclbundle is not patched, the laptop wakes from sleep normally and it can change rezolution but only with 2 fps and the ML is very slow on graphics reaction. When OpenCL is activated- 20 fps on this card, that is when the problems occurs. It has to be opencl issue with fermi cards

I just tried to do a completely clean install of Mountain Lion on Asus P8H61-M CMS/LE. Everything worked with the exception of the video card, EVGA GTX 550 TI (1GB). On sleep, the computer would go to sleep but upon waking up, you see background and textbox for password. You cannot type in the password and everything is frozen. Changing resolution results in blue screen.

I guess I'll stick to Lion for now and maybe shop around for a card that works with ML.

Someone could clarify a question please.
I'm ashamed to create a new post only for this.

I'm hesitating to the graphic card to buy for Mountain Lion. I can't pay more than 130€ because it's only for watching movies and play decently GTA 4.
I am interested in the GTX 550Ti but the wake from sleep issue raises many questions for me.

I want to use the graphic card exclusively to see movies over HDMI (with audio) and play exclusively GTA 4.
Wake from sleep affects me in something if doesn't work?

Regards and Sorry for the offtopic.

Yep cos i can link and how to flash it and i will do it now. Also how do i find out my bios version ?

http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/ and choose ur model

In case something goes wrong, make a backup of your original BIOS before flashing.

Have BIOS not listed here? Submit it using GPU-Z to extract and upload your BIOS.

@tony plz can u extract ur bios rom via GPU-Z or tell us wat version it is ?

I too have issues with m GTX 550 ti in Mountain Lion. First it was a pain to get it to work and now that it is I also get the freeze on changing resolution, plugging in another monitor and exiting sleep, in addition it also reboots when I tell it to shut down. On the plus side I have no problems switching off and on the monitor, second monitor works if I boot with both already plugged and I have played Diablo III for countless hours without a single issue.

I too have issues with m GTX 550 ti in Mountain Lion. First it was a pain to get it to work and now that it is I also get the freeze on changing resolution, plugging in another monitor and exiting sleep, in addition it also reboots when I tell it to shut down. On the plus side I have no problems switching off and on the monitor, second monitor works if I boot with both already plugged and I have played Diablo III for countless hours without a single issue.

Isn't there an option in Multibeast for Reset fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back