Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great if Shilooh could post his BIOS settings for us to compare!
Thank you guys!

@Shilohh,

Would you mind posting the exact type of memory you have from Gskill?

Did you get a full 8x8 kit? I.e. The F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL. This is the one kit I found on their website supporting the RIVBE.

Thanks.

@Shilohh,

Would you mind posting the exact type of memory you have from Gskill?

Did you get a full 8x8 kit? I.e. The F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL. This is the one kit I found on their website supporting the RIVBE.

Thanks.
I used to have a 32GB kit but upgraded to:
8x8G|G,SKILL F3-2133C9Q2-64GZH

I used to have a 32GB kit but upgraded to:
8x8G|G,SKILL F3-2133C9Q2-64GZH

Thanks Shilohh. Oddly enough I can't seem to find your kit on the Asus QVL or Gskill ram configurator for the RIVBE specifically. I did find this kit (F3-12800CL9Q2-32GBZL) which in turn I'm going order.

Yeah, I broke my own advice. It's not on the qvl. It's been working well though. I haven't overclocked my R4BE yet so I'm not totaly sure about this kit compared to the last one but so far, it's good.

Sorry for being inactive this long, was really tight on schedule at work, but managed to pull it off :)From the start - thank you again for helping out, I have good news - Audio and Zoom effects are solved :)
Hi Cakili,You're almost there .... hang in there.Regarding your Audio. If you have the Rampage IV Gene mobo then you have a Supreme FX III chipset which should be the realtek ALC898 audio chipset? BTW are you running AUDIO via external speakers or your monitor? Although not a CLOVER install, this following link might still be a useful reference for you as it is a similar build as yours...I assume you also followed the DSDT GUIDE ? If so, which DSDT PATCH file did you use for your mobo? I'm not sure if using a R4E or R4BE will work because I couldn't find the R4G. Shilohh could help you out here best i think... I suspect you either need to find the proper AUDIO KEXT or a matching DSDT ?
Turns out the correct audio drivers for my MoBo are in MultiBeast for Mavericks, not the Yosemite one. Downloaded MultiBeast for Mavericks, chose ALC898, without DSDT and it works :) Thanks for the link, it helped out!
Regarding the UEFI CSM setting in your BIOS, i'd go back to what it was set to before then as apparently your GPU doesn't support it? I'm not very familiar with your GPU chipset so I'm unsure if it actually supports UEFI. It's no biggy, but just makes "installations" smoother... I don't think you need to install those NVIDIA Webdrivers for your GPU. I believe this card should be natively detected by MAC OS.
Changed it back, no GPU error now.
Regarding the "legacy" drives showing up on your CLOVER GUI, these are most likely your Recovery partitions or windows partitions. To not show these on your GUI do the following: Mount your MAC OS EFI again as done previously and edit the config.plist file. Before you continue, always make a copy (backup) of your working file first.Go to the GUI section and find the "Legacy" part... it probably reads : LegacyFirstit should read :LegacyI think this should fix it.
Before I go into removing other drives I just want to make sure you understood the current situation regarding this problem; I have 2 SSD's with Win and Mac on them, and 2 HDD's with files. I've attached a picture that shows my Clover screen at startup. As you can see there is the usual Mac boot disk (on the right), and 4 Legacy drives (on left) but NONE of them boots me into windows when selected. I've tried all four of them and just get blank screen. My question is, how to get the proper SSD with Win OS to show in Clover? Since there isn't one now... after figuring out that I can remove all others, thanks for the tutorial!
Regarding the zoom effects, is "magnification" enabled in the DOCK system preferences?Regarding your mouse experience... what type of mouse are you using and did you verify the mouse settings in the system preferences? I do not use the Apple Magic Mouse but a Logitech G502 and installed Logitech's software for it and have no issues...
So the problem I mentioned earlier with the dropdown/submenu on right click and so on... turns out hover was creating that issue. Meaning the hover didn't work at all and thus does not produce the zooming effect, right click-hover-submenu, etc...I have Mad Catz R.A.T. 7 and got the Software (not drivers) and it works now. Cool:)

2 more things:

1.) I installed Paragon NTFS 12 to gain write access on my other drives. After the installation I had to restart and upon entering the Mac OS I got a blank screen with the word "panic" and then lines of code started writing... when it finished it booted me into Yosemite but with a message saying something unexpected happened, should I send a report, etc. Restarted it again just to make sure everything is ok and it booted me into Yosemite with no problems or messages. But I don't have write permission on my drives... I uninstalled it, and then installed it again, this time no panic screen after reboot and it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

2.) CRONIK, I also have a Logitech equipment, keyboard model G105 to be precise. Any advice on what should I download? I tried the Logitech Gaming Experience but it's buggy to say at least. Doesn't let me map some of the G keys to the far left... Also it doesn't appear in system preferences at the bottom. In the Application folder it is in its own folder Logitech.

Thanks!

P.S. No idea why the photo is upside down, tried to upload rotated one as well, same thing.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 75
i success installed hackintosh and now i have problem with my wifi.. i dont have internet connection doesnt detect my wifi card . (asus rampage iv extreme black edition)

Turns out the correct audio drivers for my MoBo are in MultiBeast for Mavericks, not the Yosemite one. Downloaded MultiBeast for Mavericks, chose ALC898, without DSDT and it works :)
having to use "without dsdt" Would indicate that there is an issue with your DSDT. Maybe even the absence of it. "Without DSDT" installs a injector kext (HDAEnabler1.kex) to do the audio part of the DSDTs job. Using both a dsdt (with audio injection edits) and the kext may cause some problems or even keep you from being able to boot. You should verify that your dsdt is in clover's patched ACPI folder. If the HDAEnabler1.kex is present in the extensions (SLE) folder, delete it and rebuild caches or boot without caches. Then check the audio functionality.

Before I go into removing other drives I just want to make sure you understood the current situation regarding this problem; I have 2 SSD's with Win and Mac on them, and 2 HDD's with files. I've attached a picture that shows my Clover screen at startup. As you can see there is the usual Mac boot disk (on the right), and 4 Legacy drives (on left) but NONE of them boots me into windows when selected. I've tried all four of them and just get blank screen. My question is, how to get the proper SSD with Win OS to show in Clover? Since there isn't one now... after figuring out that I can remove all others, thanks for the tutorial
If your win boot drive is showing as legacy, I'd guess that you did not install widows as UEFI. For more info about clover's drive options, check zetam's clover wiki.

having to use "without dsdt" Would indicate that there is an issue with your DSDT. Maybe even the absence of it. "Without DSDT" installs a injector kext (HDAEnabler1.kex) to do the audio part of the DSDTs job. Using both a dsdt (with audio injection edits) and the kext may cause some problems or even keep you from being able to boot. You should verify that your dsdt is in clover's patched ACPI folder. If the HDAEnabler1.kex is present in the extensions (SLE) folder, delete it and rebuild caches or boot without caches. Then check the audio functionality.

I've followed your guide for installing DSDT but didn't complete it since I couldn't extract MoBo ACPI files by hitting "F4" at the Clover GUI. When I mounted my OS partition using "Mount OS EFI" there were no files in both
EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin or EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folders. Tried also with "Mount Any EFI" and it's the same thing, both folders are empty. Do mind that "Mount Any EFI" didn't give me any choices for partition on startup, just opens the Finder with files, like "Mount OS EFI".

Tried it again now and it works, I am able to extract the files by hitting "F4" at Clover GUI. Is it ok to follow step
10) Create your patched ACPI files from your tutorial now and complete the DSDT patching? And will the R4E_DSDT_Patch_10-2014.txt work for my MoBo? (I have Asus Rampage IV Gene)

I can verify that the
HDAEnabler1.kex is present in the extensions (SLE) folder. I can delete it, but could you please clarify how to rebuild caches? Not familiar with those steps.

If your win boot drive is showing as legacy, I'd guess that you did not install widows as UEFI. For more info about clover's drive options, check zetam's clover wiki.

Will look into the wiki, thx.

Any idea what happened here?
Cakili said:
I installed Paragon NTFS 12 to gain write access on my other drives. After the installation I had to restart and upon entering the Mac OS I got a blank screen with the word "panic" and then lines of code started writing... when it finished it booted me into Yosemite but with a message saying something unexpected happened, should I send a report, etc. Restarted it again just to make sure everything is ok and it booted me into Yosemite with no problems or messages. But I don't have write permission on my drives... I uninstalled it, and then installed it again, this time no panic screen after reboot and it still doesn't work.
Not sure if it's something serious, don't want to mess up my HDD.

Thanks for helping out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back