Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi shiloh
during next days i will try your hardware, plus a mod bios that should allow me to use pci express ssd as boot drive (maybe he biggest lack of x79 against x99).
my question is: is speedster perfectly working using macpro6,1 sysdef?

ps. caldigit kext doesn't work anymore on 10.10 (information found on their website). that's why some users have crashes at boot.
for r4e we have to use generic kext, not cal digit one

i have problem i cant install hackintosh UEFI as dual boot with windows 10 Uefi
I tihnk when u install windows 10 makes your hard disk as MBR.
i have done success install before with this guide. (without uefi install)

tomorrow morning i'm going to do a fresh uefi windows 10 install. if i will have success, i will share with you the solution :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shilohh:

Sorry I don't really have my own guide memorized. I'm a figure it out as I go kinda guy. Could you please explain in your own words what it is that you think may have gone wrong. This was an update and not a fresh install to a blank drive right?
Shilohh,

Thanks for your reply, I am very grateful. It turns out that my R4E MB was failing. After my post to you I started to have numerous crashes, mainly hangups. I contacted ASUS support and we determined that the MB needed to be rma'd for repair.

I have since purchased the R4BE (I will probably liquidate the R4E when I get it back from ASUS) the installation went very smoothly. My system has been operating as expected, with exception of on-board ASUS Bluetooth. I did install the "BTFirmwareUploader.kext" as instructed for the R4BE but I have experienced several hangups as well as mouse and keyboard errors. I have disabled ASUS Bluetooth on the MB. Wired keyboard and mouse are working fine.

Is this normal?

Thanks again for all the help you provide to everyone on this forum!

Last edited:
tomorrow morning i'm going to do a fresh uefi windows 10 install. if i will have success, i will share with you the solution :)

im waiting your answer!

hi shilo.
2 question for you, please.

1-system information, at pci peripheral shows me that gtx 980ti is working at 2.5 gt/s instead of 5.0gt/s. is it cosmetic issue?

2-speaking about speedstep, following your guide i noticed that boh MSR_PKG_C2 and c6 are 0x0.
i attached here photos

could you please help me?

Attachments

• Schermata 2015-09-12 alle 16.12.17.png
    Schermata 2015-09-12 alle 16.12.17.png
    143.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Schermata 2015-09-12 alle 16.12.36.png
    Schermata 2015-09-12 alle 16.12.36.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 72
im waiting your answer!

ok! success for me. (windows 10 64bit)
1-connect only windows10 target drive
2-in bios, disable csm and select other os as system type
3-press f8 and start your pc from the windows 10 usb key.
4.follow the steps

let me know

my hardware:
-gtx 980 ti
-r4e

hi shilo.
2 question for you, please.

1-system information, at pci peripheral shows me that gtx 980ti is working at 2.5 gt/s instead of 5.0gt/s. is it cosmetic issue?

2-speaking about speedstep, following your guide i noticed that boh MSR_PKG_C2 and c6 are 0x0.
i attached here photos

could you please help me?
Your PCI speed can be limited if you are not in slot 1. Different slots have different speeds. What slot is your card in? what other PCI cards do you have?

According to your screenshot you have only reached 2 states. Either you didn't follow the instructions before taking the screenshot or something is wrong.

Your PCI speed can be limited if you are not in slot 1. Different slots have different speeds. What slot is your card in? what other PCI cards do you have?

According to your screenshot you have only reached 2 states. Either you didn't follow the instructions before taking the screenshot or something is wrong.

hi shilohh. thank you for your answer.
i'm thinking about abandoning this project because unluckily, even with mod bios, i can't boot from my ssd pci express (xp941).
one question: i was thinking about x99 rampage V extreme. where can i found a guide to create the right editing of the dsdt?
where do you get the knowlage to create the dsdt edit for the r4e?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back