Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you should need a new dsdt.

mount EFI.

Delete the dsdt/s from EFI/clover/acpi/patched & origin (if any Dsdts are present there).

Shut down and install pci card.

Boot holding down space bar to reach the clover GUI and then hold the f4 key for a second to extract unmodified acpi files from the bios to the origin folder.

Boot and mount the EFI partition.

Patch the newly created DSDT.aml from the origin folder and save it to the patched folder.

Reboot and you're done.

That worked like a charm. Thank you so much!!!

@ Akkman, Enjoying lightning speeds now ? :thumbup: Which pcie ssd did you get? I was also tempted to go for the Intel 750 1TB.

Did you need to make any specific BIOS changes? I'm doubtful if this motherboard supports NVME?

@ Akkman, Enjoying lightning speeds now ? :thumbup: Which pcie ssd did you get? I was also tempted to go for the Intel 750 1TB.

Did you need to make any specific BIOS changes? I'm doubtful if this motherboard supports NVME?

Actually I installed an pcie card for the wifi and bluetooth continuity and handoff. The install and DSDT patch went fine but the card would only show wifi and no bluetooth. I emailed the people I purchased from but that was on Friday afternoon, so I expect I wont hear back until Monday sometime.

Actually I installed an pcie card for the wifi and bluetooth continuity and handoff. The install and DSDT patch went fine but the card would only show wifi and no bluetooth. I emailed the people I purchased from but that was on Friday afternoon, so I expect I wont hear back until Monday sometime.

Why not use a dongle for bluetooth? In the buyer's guide there are models recognized natively by OSX...same for wi-fi cards...TP-LINK is one of them

Ahhh gotcha! Yeah just get a cheap Bluetooth instead... I have the tp link wifi working fine and a USB Asus Bluetooth dongle.

Ahhh gotcha! Yeah just get a cheap Bluetooth instead... I have the tp link wifi working fine and a USB Asus Bluetooth dongle.

Just wanted to get as 'native' as possible. The continuity and handoff is supposed to work ootb with the one I bought. Unfortunately the Bluetooth is not working so waiting to hear back from customer service.

@shilohh...actually i've an Asus Gt610 card with 2gb ram. I don't use my hackintosh to play games or to use graphics programs but only for music purposes.
I had by a friend an ATI RADEON HD 7870 card and i tried to install it with my conf (i use Maverick 10.9.5) but after Apple logo i've a white screen.
What i can do to use that card?

Hey guys,

Big thanks to Shilohh for making such a detailed and great post about his custom build.

Hope you won't hate me for skipping some pages in this thread but I am kinda in a hot spot right now. I need help asap and would appreciate any kind of advice.

At the moment I am running Windows 7 on my PC and pretty happy with it. But due to unexpected shift in my line of work I need to have a Mac OS to run certain apps, that are Mac only :(

I've put quite a bit of effort in building my machine, and really don't want to trade it for mediocre Mac for it's matching price.

My build is:
Processor: Intel i7 4930K
MoBo: Asus RAMPAGE IV Gene
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Memory: Mushkin Enhanced 4 x 8 GB DDR3-1600 CL9 1.5-Volt 240-Pin Backline Dual-Channel Memory Kit
1 SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
2 SSD: Silicone Power 60GB
3 HDD: Western Digital Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200RPM 32MB Cache
4 HDD: Western Digital WD20EFRX 2TB 64MB Cache
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Case: BitFenix Prodigy M
+4 additional case fans

Need to know if it's possible for sure to transform this PC into a properly working Hackintosh? Big question, I know, hoping to get some confidence here.

I am having some concerns about my whole current Windows 7 OS going to hell along with all my installed software. Since the deadline is by the end of this week that scenario would be pretty bad for my life.

Is it possible to make a double bootable system, while leaving the already installed Windows 7? I would use the 60GB SSD for Mac OS, preferably.

If not, then install Yosemite and forget about Windows.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

Big thanks to Shilohh for making such a detailed and great post about his custom build.

Hope you won't hate me for skipping some pages in this thread but I am kinda in a hot spot right now. I need help asap and would appreciate any kind of advice.

At the moment I am running Windows 7 on my PC and pretty happy with it. But due to unexpected shift in my line of work I need to have a Mac OS to run certain apps, that are Mac only :(

I've put quite a bit of effort in building my machine, and really don't want to trade it for mediocre Mac for it's matching price.

My build is:
Processor: Intel i7 4930K
MoBo: Asus RAMPAGE IV Gene
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
Memory: 4X8GB Quad DDR3 at 800MHz (Think it's Hyper X, gonna check it when I find the box)
1 SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB
2 SSD: Silicone Power 60GB
3 HDD: Western Digital Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200RPM 32MB Cache
4 HDD: Western Digital WD20EFRX 2TB 64MB Cache
Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
Case: BitFenix Prodigy M
+4 additional case fans

Need to know if it's possible for sure to transform this PC into a properly working Hackintosh? Big question, I know, hoping to get some confidence here.

I am having some concerns about my whole current Windows 7 OS going to hell along with all my installed software. Since the deadline is by the end of this week that scenario would be pretty bad for my life.

Is it possible to make a double bootable system, while leaving the already installed Windows 7? I would use the 60GB SSD for Mac OS, preferably.

If not, then install Yosemite and forget about Windows.

Thanks!

Hiya! Welcome here. Great write up too, we always appreciate this. To be very short, you'll be fine with dual boot OS. This is "managed" via the CLOVER GUI. I have it working and probably most of us here. One word of advice. Make sure you unplug your Windows OS SSD and all your other drives EXCEPT the MAC OS SSD that you will use to install CLOVER and Yosemite.

After you have taken this safety measure your first step is to simply follow Shilohh's guide on the first page. Read it carefully, take your time and you'll do fine. The guide has been improved over time. Once you have your Yosemite SSD running smooth, you simply plug in your Windows SSD again but make sure that in your BIOS the main boot drive is your MAC OS SSD. This should ensure that the proper EFI is loaded and CLOVER GUI will/should show your Windows OS SSD as second boot option.

Good luck and keep asking questions here.

Hey CRONIK,

Thanks for the advice&heads up! Much appreciated!

Will be posting how it went, hopefully there won't be any problems.

Thx again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back