Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@shilohh...actually i've an Asus Gt610 card with 2gb ram. I don't use my hackintosh to play games or to use graphics programs but only for music purposes.
I had by a friend an ATI RADEON HD 7870 card and i tried to install it with my conf (i use Maverick 10.9.5) but after Apple logo i've a white screen.
What i can do to use that card?
Are you trying to switch gpus? Did you delete the old dsdt that you were using with the old gpu before installing the new one?

@shilohh,
Thanks!

I've managed to complete the installation, thank you kindly again for the efforts!

Now the "problems" I am facing are these:

1.) @CRONIK I've listened to your advice about disconnecting the other drives while installing Yosemite. When I finished installing it I plugged in back my 250GB Windows 7 SSD along with 2 other HDD's that don't have any OS's on them, just files. Yosemite recognises them and all is well.

Now something strange happens while booting up... I didn't change boot options in the BIOS, which was by default on "Mac OS X" and it takes me to Clover GUI. There

I tried changing in BIOS for #1 boot option to be the SSD which holds new Yosemite (named: "P:1 SPCC Solid State Disk (57241MB)", like you said. But what happens then is that it somehow boots me into Windows 7 (?), instead of Yosemite that is located on that 60GB drive. I tried to hold SPACE while loading and all I could get was the standard option for Windows 7 to boot it up, not from GUI.

If I choose the other option I have for boot, disk named: "UEFI OS (P1: SPCC Solid State Disk)" (which I presume is the 250GB with Windows), it boots me into Yosemite. I can enter GUI holding SPACE and there are 4 drives to boot from, plus "Boot Mac OS X". I can see all my other hard drives labeled as "Boot Windows from Legacy HD1" (there are two "HD1", and two "HD2"), so 4 in total. I tried to boot from every single one of them with no succes, just getting black sceen. The standard option beside those HDD's, the "Boot Mac OS X", works and takes me into Yosemite. The problem is that this should be the other SSD with 250GB and Windows 7 on it. In other words, it seems like they swapped places in BIOS, somehow?

one SSD 60GB has Yosemite
other SSD 250GB has Windows 7
+ 2 HDD's with files

The boot option used for installation of Yosemite, "Mac OS", also takes me to Windows 7.

Do you guys know what could be the issue? I would simply like to have just 2 bootable drives visible in GUI Clover, Mac and Win, without the other drives. Also a tweak where the GUI Clover will always display at startup without having me tapping the SPACE key would be nice.

Furthermore there are 2 more things that bug me:

1.) I couldn't test the audio since the iTunes won't let me play any songs. Just loads them, I press play but it ignores me completely.

2.) How to create a wireless internet connection? I have a small USB TP-Link WiFi dongle that works in Windows.

Sorry if the booting part of the problem looks confusing, did my best to describe the problem at this moment, fatigue takes it's toll. Please drop any questions if it's not clear enough.

Thank again!

Are you trying to switch gpus? Did you delete the old dsdt that you were using with the old gpu before installing the new one?

EDIT: I deleted old dsdt file from UEFI clover partition EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and i created the new one following your guide and with ATI card installed, but when i rebooted the system i had a kernel panic error and it restart again. ( i attach you a pic of error message) If i press the space bar before booting and i select to start or in verbose mode or without cache system boot and everything seems to be ok. So what could be the problem?

Attachments

• kernel panic.jpg
    kernel panic.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 98
shilohh i want to ask for help to install uefi hackintosh to asus rampage iv extreme black edition. i cant send u PM messange because i dont have 75 post.. can u help me please ?

@shilohh,
Thanks!

I've managed to complete the installation, thank you kindly again for the efforts!

Now the "problems" I am facing are these:

1.) @CRONIK I've listened to your advice about disconnecting the other drives while installing Yosemite. When I finished installing it I plugged in back my 250GB Windows 7 SSD along with 2 other HDD's that don't have any OS's on them, just files. Yosemite recognises them and all is well.

Now something strange happens while booting up... I didn't change boot options in the BIOS, which was by default on "Mac OS X" and it takes me to Clover GUI. There

I tried changing in BIOS for #1 boot option to be the SSD which holds new Yosemite (named: "P:1 SPCC Solid State Disk (57241MB)", like you said. But what happens then is that it somehow boots me into Windows 7 (?), instead of Yosemite that is located on that 60GB drive. I tried to hold SPACE while loading and all I could get was the standard option for Windows 7 to boot it up, not from GUI.

If I choose the other option I have for boot, disk named: "UEFI OS (P1: SPCC Solid State Disk)" (which I presume is the 250GB with Windows), it boots me into Yosemite. I can enter GUI holding SPACE and there are 4 drives to boot from, plus "Boot Mac OS X". I can see all my other hard drives labeled as "Boot Windows from Legacy HD1" (there are two "HD1", and two "HD2"), so 4 in total. I tried to boot from every single one of them with no succes, just getting black sceen. The standard option beside those HDD's, the "Boot Mac OS X", works and takes me into Yosemite. The problem is that this should be the other SSD with 250GB and Windows 7 on it. In other words, it seems like they swapped places in BIOS, somehow?

one SSD 60GB has Yosemite
other SSD 250GB has Windows 7
+ 2 HDD's with files

The boot option used for installation of Yosemite, "Mac OS", also takes me to Windows 7.

Do you guys know what could be the issue? I would simply like to have just 2 bootable drives visible in GUI Clover, Mac and Win, without the other drives. Also a tweak where the GUI Clover will always display at startup without having me tapping the SPACE key would be nice.

Furthermore there are 2 more things that bug me:

1.) I couldn't test the audio since the iTunes won't let me play any songs. Just loads them, I press play but it ignores me completely.

2.) How to create a wireless internet connection? I have a small USB TP-Link WiFi dongle that works in Windows.

Sorry if the booting part of the problem looks confusing, did my best to describe the problem at this moment, fatigue takes it's toll. Please drop any questions if it's not clear enough.

Thank again!

Hi Cakili,

I'm in Europe time zone so forgive the late response.

Okay, so reading your post, I first must say good job! Looks like you pulled it off first time right. Very good.

Regarding the Audio or lack thereof. Is it working at all? I didn't quite catch that... Did you install the correct AUDIO kext via the latest Multibeast for your motherboard? If your audio is working but iTunes isn't then you have a different issue. Did you select the proper " output" in the sound setting? BTW, are you playing music from your HDD or Internet?

Regarding the WIFI dongle. I don't have any experience with USB types, but most of use have a TP-LINK PCIE card instead which works out of the box. It is natively recognized and supported by Yosemite.

Now the more interesting part with your BOOT devices.

The first part concerning having the GUI always come up without having to hit the spacebar, you will need to boot into Yosemite, mount your MAC OS EFI partition via the tool Mount_OS_EFI.app It automatically mounts the EFI partition. You need edit the config plist go to the BOOT section and change the timeout from 0 to 20 seconds for instance, or set it to -1 to have no timeout.

Regarding your BOOT ORDER issues, we have similar motherboards so I would assume the bios isn't much different. Make sure you have selected the right drive (MAC DRIVE) with the UEFI description in the BIOS, do not select the other drives (without the UEFI wording). Also I have removed all other drives as bootable drives from the list.

In your BIOS, look under BOOT \ CMS Compatibility Support Mode)
What do you have CSM set to in your BIOS ? Ideally this should be set to disabled. And more importantly if you go to BOOT \ Secure Boot Menu\
What is the OS TYPE set to? This must be set to "OTHER OS" and not WINDOWS OS.

Try this first...

Hi Cakili,

I'm in Europe time zone so forgive the late response.

Okay, so reading your post, I first must say good job! Looks like you pulled it off first time right. Very good.

Regarding the Audio or lack thereof. Is it working at all? I didn't quite catch that... Did you install the correct AUDIO kext via the latest Multibeast for your motherboard? If your audio is working but iTunes isn't then you have a different issue. Did you select the proper " output" in the sound setting? BTW, are you playing music from your HDD or Internet?

Thanks, again!

So, about the audio problem... I downloaded MultiBeast for Yosemite, ran it, selected to install ALC898 and Optional EFI installed Bootloader Support. When I connected to the internet (ethernet) and went to youtube to test the audio, nothing comes out... So I launched iTunes to try something off my hard drive but there comes another problem - iTunes won't play nothing. It loads the song, but won't respond on clicking the play button. I tried to install the ALC1150 drivers from MultiBeast, but still with no success. Maybe I should try the older version of MultiBeast, for Mavericks?

Regarding the WIFI dongle. I don't have any experience with USB types, but most of use have a TP-LINK PCIE card instead which works out of the box. It is natively recognized and supported by Yosemite.

Any TP-LINK PCIE card will work? Cool, I'll find one and stick it in.

Now the more interesting part with your BOOT devices.

The first part concerning having the GUI always come up without having to hit the spacebar, you will need to boot into Yosemite, mount your MAC OS EFI partition via the tool Mount_OS_EFI.app It automatically mounts the EFI partition. You need edit the config plist go to the BOOT section and change the timeout from 0 to 20 seconds for instance, or set it to -1 to have no timeout.

Done this, works great now. Always brings up the GUI, thanks!

Regarding your BOOT ORDER issues, we have similar motherboards so I would assume the bios isn't much different. Make sure you have selected the right drive (MAC DRIVE) with the UEFI description in the BIOS, do not select the other drives (without the UEFI wording). Also I have removed all other drives as bootable drives from the list.

Done this as well. It is the correct UEFI drive with Yosemite on it, and it loads GUI everytime so this is ok now. But how to remove all other drives from the list in Clover GUI? Like I mentioned, it shows me 4 HDD's that are legacy and none of them boots me into Windows, just blank screen.

In BIOS boot options are like this now:

#1 UEFI Yosemite SSD
#2 Disabled
#3 Disabled

In your BIOS, look under BOOT \ CMS Compatibility Support Mode)
What do you have CSM set to in your BIOS ? Ideally this should be set to disabled. And more importantly if you go to BOOT \ Secure Boot Menu\
What is the OS TYPE set to? This must be set to "OTHER OS" and not WINDOWS OS.

Try this first...

Secure Boot is set to Other OS, so that's cool.

Now this part is tricky...

CSM Compatibility Support Mode is Enabled with Boot Device Control set to UEFI only. When I put CSM Compatibility Support Mode to disabled, and restart the PC i get a message saying:

"The VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver.
CSM (Compatibility Support Module) settings have been changed for better compatibility.

For further adjustments, press [F1] to enter BIOS setup.
If no adjustments needed, press [F2] to confirm the current settings and enter OS directly."

I haven't installed any custom drivers, I figured my card is supported since it is GTX 760. Should I do the step 9b from the tutorial?

Another strange thing, nothing big, but just curious if u have the same problem. I can't set the zoom effects on the Dock in Yosemite. It's always static, and if I choose the option to hide and reveal on hover, it's won't show at all.

Also when doing right click on something, or on desktop, I need to hold it down in order to go into dropdown/subsections, otherwise if I do it like in Windows - right click, then just hover the mouse on option you want and left click on it - it will dissapear with no action.

Seems little bugs are everywhere. I am thinking about doing a fresh install again, in case you don't have these issues. Might be I did something wrong in one of the steps that is causing all this.

Hi Cakili,

You're almost there .... hang in there.

Regarding your Audio. If you have the Rampage IV Gene mobo then you have a Supreme FX III chipset which should be the realtek ALC898 audio chipset? BTW are you running AUDIO via external speakers or your monitor?

Although not a CLOVER install, this following link might still be a useful reference for you as it is a similar build as yours...

I assume you also followed the DSDT GUIDE ? If so, which DSDT PATCH file did you use for your mobo? I'm not sure if using a R4E or R4BE will work because I couldn't find the R4G. Shilohh could help you out here best i think... I suspect you either need to find the proper AUDIO KEXT or a matching DSDT ?

Regarding the UEFI CSM setting in your BIOS, i'd go back to what it was set to before then as apparently your GPU doesn't support it? I'm not very familiar with your GPU chipset so I'm unsure if it actually supports UEFI. It's no biggy, but just makes "installations" smoother... I don't think you need to install those NVIDIA Webdrivers for your GPU. I believe this card should be natively detected by MAC OS.

Regarding the "legacy" drives showing up on your CLOVER GUI, these are most likely your Recovery partitions or windows partitions. To not show these on your GUI do the following: Mount your MAC OS EFI again as done previously and edit the config.plist file. Before you continue, always make a copy (backup) of your working file first.

Go to the GUI section and find the "Legacy" part... it probably reads :

<key>Legacy</key>
<string>First</string>

it should read :

<key>Legacy</key>
<false/>

I think this should fix it.

Regarding the zoom effects, is "magnification" enabled in the DOCK system preferences?

Regarding your mouse experience... what type of mouse are you using and did you verify the mouse settings in the system preferences? I do not use the Apple Magic Mouse but a Logitech G502 and installed Logitech's software for it and have no issues...

Ok, that's all i have for now... perhaps other guys here an help you out with your AUDIO issue... it might be a wrong DSDT or SSDT ... I'm no hero on this... but creating that DSDT during boot while hitting F4 key and then following the DSDT GUIDE should do the trick...

i try to install from UEFI and pc restarts ! when i choose uefi usb!!!

@shilohh
i'm really becoming crazy with the ATI Radeon HD7870. I tried a new install with Yosemite 10.10.5
I as usual followed you guide....I'm able to log in and create the account so i have full accesso to OSX. The card works correctly. But problems start when i install clover into boot drive.
I copy files from Asusx79files.zip into EFI boot disk partition, so HFSPlus.efi and MacPro 6.1 def too into their respective directories. I boot the system and it hangs with the Apple logo and white bar at half.
I reinstalled everything again and this time i tried MacPro5.1 def but i've always the same problem. I cannot access to OSX.
I attach you a picture where the system hangs.
My original configuration was with maverick and an Asus GT610. I would like to use that ATI because i had it from a friend, but in case i will have no chance to use it what card (possibly a card native and compatible) do you advice me? I don't need a TitanX or an expansive GTX 960
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0730.jpg
    IMG_0730.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 91
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back