Contribute
Register
Just thought I'd share: without changing or even logging in/out anything, iMessage on my VMWare Yosemite (on a Genuine Mac) (same ROM and MLB, but a different System-Id) started working again (after about a week of not working).

My genuine Mac actually just started to work again as well. I logged in and out, but I doubt that made any difference.

Good news for those who had a real Mac that no longer works
my mac mini has started to work with todays iMessage and FaceTime

Just thought I'd share: without changing or even logging in/out anything, iMessage on my VMWare Yosemite (on a Genuine Mac) (same ROM and MLB, but a different System-Id) started working again (after about a week of not working).

My genuine Mac actually just started to work again as well. I logged in and out, but I doubt that made any difference.

@All,

Hopefully this is an indication that Apple are changing/backing-out the late Dec 2014 verification updates. I'd recommend to everyone to wait a few more days before attempting to use iMessage on a hack.

I would not recommend using cloned ID's .... it's obvious this is an area Apple are currently concentrating on and is likely to be the case for the immediate future. Once the dust has settled we'll need to understand what changes have taken place and find a way to satisfy Apples iMessage/Facetime verification protocols without using cloned values if at all possible.

Understanding the make-up of 17 digit MLB's could still be the answer .....

For those of you with a real Mac with iMessage still working, as a stop gap solution you could look into using virtual KVM software to run iMessage on your hacks from your genuine Mac as suggested by several members on this and other forums.

I'll update the guide once i have a clearer picture of the current status.

Cheers
Jay

Can someone help me? I did everything that the most recent thread said to do (With The Terminal Commands) and I can't get past the ROM command. It always fails me in the IMessage Debug. Help?

Here is my ROM Number 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM

I have done all the things they said to do, I tried putting percent signs every 2 spaces, inbetween only my rom. I mean seriously everything, if someone can paste the proper command that would be great.

i've done all steps and doesn't work... Schermata 2015-01-06 alle 17.44.42.png

It's imperative to find your ROM value using iMessage debug, and it looks like both of you didn't enter it properly. Also make sure you're using the latest version of Chimera, a fresh installation that hasn't logged into iMessage before to test, and reboot/recheck values using iMessage debug after entering the nvram terminal commands.

The guide says:
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=Your_ROM_value_goes_here

If your ROM value was nn nn nn nn nn nn you'd type
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=%nn%nn%nn%nn%nn%nn

If your ROM value was xx xx xx xx xx xx you'd type
sudo nvram 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM=%xx%xx%xx%xx%xx%xx

Please also keep in mind that no iMessage activation technique is perfect, and is always subject to change. If your testing doesn't work it could be that you've done everything right but variables such as your country of origin, ISP, apple ID, ethernet, wifi are conflicting with activation. There's really nothing that anyone can do about ongoing changes to iMessage service.

i found it from my real macbookair and i paste it as you describe in the guide i'm using the last chimera and still no luck.. while ok with facetime icloud and appstore...

i saw that MLB when i'm using the shell command sudo... it's ok because i verify it with imessage_debug while i reboot, always with imessage_debug, the MLB value change with another one and there's an "=" at the end... why? any ideas? :banghead:

MysticalOS, I agree you as far as Apple making mediocre hardware releases which only encourages the Hackintosh community more. However, for me it wasn't a waste of time. I'm just getting back into the Hackintosh scene and needed to get knee deep to start really understanding how things work under the hood. I do love the OS but as you said, an iMac with a 5K scene but outdated hardware behind it is truly an insult. Thanks for the insight though.

I sympathize with you but we have to remember that "outdated hardware" means something quite different to those outside the hackintosh community. Apple said this year that the Mavericks install base had passed 80,000,000 (million) users by August of last summer. I'm guessing that only %.000001 thought that Apple's hardware was too outdated to purchase. No one is being insulted but you and us fellow gamers...

What if mine is nnnn-nnnnnnn-nn-nnnn Like that? Would I do nnnn%nnnnnnn%nn%nnnn or is it nn%nn%nn%nn%nn%nn or %nn%nn%-n%nn? and is there one at the beginning.

Jay, since i actually prefer 3,1 identifier and have a unique generated serial that apple in past has whitelisted. do you recommend going ahead and calling them now that i made sure MLB is 13 char? My whitelisted serial only got blacklisted because my MLB was too long for a 3,1 and the nov/dec update auto blacklisted. Since I don't intend to use a new system def, I don't really need to wait for perfecting 17 really since sending 17 with a 3,1 is what got me in no no in first place. :) just wondering what your recommendations are with 3,1 / 13? For those of us doing it perm, not as a "I need my imessage now and will change it to 17 later".

I followed the procedure step by step, now when I login got the customer code contact support message, and lost facetime too (same thing). I'm using Imac 13,2...any idea? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

2015-01-07 00:52:00.181 imessage_debug[491:36863] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:ROM: <65************7d>
2015-01-07 00:52:00.181 imessage_debug[491:36863] 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14:MLB: C0************M

Back