Contribute
Register
Not sure if this will help anyone... but i personally am tired of playing this Game of it working for a little and then its not working for a little lol

So I wanted to share with you guys what i will be using from this point on..

Remote Messages for IOS 8 on Cydia.. yes i know it will take a Jailbroken Device..

but it works perfect.. it lets you use your iMessages from your Idevice through a Web Browser window... I know this isn't a fix all..

but for me I have my phone on the Charger all the time when I'm on my Hackintosh. So this works Perfect.

Can send files... Can Send pics and video.... its pretty much the same.. even sends me alerts on yosemite...

What does that have to do with getting imessages working on the hackintosh (OSX)?

Hi to all and Happy New Year.

Something just happened, my Macbook Pro (Real not Hack), that was on a 'locked down' state, started to work again with Imessages and facetime.

I've been in contact with Apple support since last Wed 31 regarding this issue, and last Friday they just escalated the issue to someone higher, but I few minutes ago, I received a strange message on both of my IOS devices, telling me that I have activated Imessage and facetime on a new computer, something that I haven't tried since last Friday during the support call.

So, something has changed. For now I'm blocking, thru Little Snitch, all Imessage and Facetime transactions, on my Hack.

I need it to work so ... I'm not changing things anymore until the great guys in here come up with a better solution for solving this issue.

BTW, I also share the thoughts that Apple might create an licensing for us, who want to use the OS, and it's speed on other hardware platforms than their own.

To all discussing this in here I hope that this can bring some insight, or not.

Regards.

Last edited:
nothing.. I was just trying to help a few people in the mean time while this gets sorted out. sorry for trying ;P

nothing.. I was just trying to help a few people in the mean time while this gets sorted out. sorry for trying ;P

Im just confused. This doesn't seem to affect IOS devices (iphone, ipad, etc). Additionally, there is no need to jailbreak in order to get messages working on those devices because they work natively. It would be useful if that application worked on OSX but it doesn't.

Im just confused. This doesn't seem to affect IOS devices (iphone, ipad, etc). Additionally, there is no need to jailbreak in order to get messages working on those devices because they work natively. It would be useful if that application worked on OSX but it doesn't.

http://www.remotemessages.com/

It allows you to get imessage functoinality in a browser. So until imessage on OSX is fixed, its a possible replacement, if you don't mind jailbraking the phone. Advantage is you an get imessage on any browser so therefore any OS.

Hi to all and Happy New Year.

Something just happened, my Macbook Pro (Real not Hack), that was on a 'locked down' state, started to work again with Imessages and facetime.

I've been in contact with Apple support since last Wed 31 regarding this issue, and last Friday they just escalated the issue to someone higher, but I few minutes ago, I received a strange message on both of my IOS devices, telling me that I have activated Imessage and facetime on a new computer, something that I haven't tried since last Friday during the support call.

So, something has changed. For now I'm blocking, thru Little Snitch, all Imessage and Facetime transactions, on my Hack.

I need it to work so ... I'm not changing things anymore until the great guys in here come up with a better solution for solving this issue.

BTW, I also share the thoughts that Apple might create an licensing for us, who want to use the OS, and it's speed on other hardware platforms than their own.

To all discussing this in here I hope that this can bring some insight, or not.

Regards.

My real mac started working again too, it will be a long time before I try iMessage on a hack again. That was some scare! To think they would try something like that over the holidays when the top minds are on vacation shakes my confidence in Apple's common sense.

I dont understand why apple is trying so hard to kill iMessage for anything other than apple devices, was it not the case that when iMessage was first announced it was being promoted by mr jobs no less as being the killer of sms and would soon sort of rule the world?

This will never be the case nor will it obtain the mass adoption which in the long run i think would be to apples advantage, Im sure mr jobs would be quite upset to find all this apple resource being put into disabling iMessage instead of fixing bugs in their O.S which IMHO have increased somewhat lately (referring to IOS).

"Trying so hard to kill iMessage" - really?? The Hack community is small compared to the total sales of Macs, I bet they don't pay us any mind.

with My Macbook Pro, I can log out and in but when I send message, it shows sent, but receive doesn't see it. also it doesn't not sync with my iPhone. Does this mean my MBP is blocked?

I did use MLB and ROM value from this MBP and just logged out after reading the news and when my hack was started having problem sending, receiving messages.

with My Macbook Pro, I can log out and in but when I send message, it shows sent, but receive doesn't see it. also it doesn't not sync with my iPhone. Does this mean my MBP is blocked?

I did use MLB and ROM value from this MBP and just logged out after reading the news and when my hack was started having problem sending, receiving messages.

Same here. I have changed MLB and ROM to a generic one on the hackintosh, hoping the genuine Mac Mini to get its access back during next few hours... Until then I'm refreshing this thread every hour, waiting for a solution ! A nice workaround would be to make the genuine mac generate some service code to call Apple support: not sure to get it solved by just saying "my iMessage isn't working anymore" :-|

Reading this threads and I see there are others with similar problem that I have and one of the post (can't remember which page it was) says, remove real mac MLB, ROM, UUID value and regenerated generic value, then rebooted every device, then real mac had such problem started working after few hours.

the hack that I set up using my MBP value is at work, so I am going to have to try this tomorrow......

Back