Contribute
Register
because I've got a time machine back up with mavericks before i updated to Yosemite i can restore back to Mavericks install the boot loader and keep the same SMBIOS as I've always used with the MLB and ROM and serial number my iMessage works fine but soon as i update to Yosemite thats when i get kicked out how ever note i am using Chameleon 2300 with FileNVRAM.dylib migrate to Clover keeping the same settings such as Serial number and MLB and ROM i get kicked out

So it does seem it's Clover that does something less or does it wrong as opposed to Chimera/FileNVRAM.dylib since it authenticates under Mavericks...

@mattystonnie,

I really don't understand these reports of using a 13 digit MLB .... ?
To me it makes no sense .. but your not the first to report this so definitely interesting and thanks for posting.

Changing your MLB to anything else will cause the Customer Code to be different so i don't think the two are connected .. but the fact that a 13 Digit MLB seems to pass validation is a mystery ... can you log out and log back in again ?

Please confirm system type (eg iMac 14,2)

Cheers
Jay
Yes i can logout and login,mac mini 6,2,Mavericks.
The customer code is different using 17 digits is 1234-2342-1234,always starting with 1234...
With 13 digits is not starting with 1234... its a different code starting with random numbers.

Hi guys, I'm trying to use MLB and ROM of my friends Macbook2,1. I'm ONLY doing this because she will never ever use it online or sign in with any apple-id. Now I want to inject her MLB and ROM value. I've inserted them into the recommended field of the CloverConfigurator but I have TROUBLE WITH THE ROM VALUE I've deleted the last 12 digits of my SMUUID and put her ROM value there. Then I rebooted and ran the iMessage debug - but it reports a different ROM value. I do not want to post them here for security issues. Now here's the question. CLOVER is said to calculate my ROM value from my SMUUID. How can I insert a ROM value which I don't want to have recalculated but exactly like I want it to be. CloverConfigurator's RtVariable page does no good either. I put her ROM value into the ROM field but it comes out with the "wrong" recalculated ROM value further down as well. Do you know what to do?

try this

Set config.plist rtvalue

<key>ROM</key>
<string>xxxxxx xxxx</string>

and SMuuid should match real mac's uuid

good luck -

Hi guys, will it still work if I take serial and MLB from a real iMac and register it with hackintosh MacPro 6,1 2013 version. Will it detect the difference between the two models?
Feel free to do it, i used macbook pro with imac:)

@jbamford

I too reported earlier in the day that I was getting "an error occurred". Could not log into imessage/facetime/icloud or appstore. This is a fresh build. I had all proper values in smbios and rtvalues. For the heck of it, i change from macmini5,1 to imac12,1. Machine didnt boot, but made me go back and rebuild smbios again for macmini5,1. Gen'd a new serial, but used 2011 instead of 2012 for date, new SMUUID with uuidgen, MLB is new serial + 5 alphas, ROM is last 12 of SMUUID.

Rebooted. Immediately went to icloud and logged in. it started refreshing everything, as it was doing Notes, it failed. But it didnt log me out. I started imessage. No longer getting an error occurred, but am getting the "Call Imessage Support". Definitely going the right direction.

Next went to appstore. Downloaded an app. Went back to Icloud and checked "Notes". It sync'd.

I'm not fixed yet, but it looks like rebuilding the plist with new serial number from 2011, and new uuidgen got rid of icloud and appstore failures, and got the "Call Imessage support" with the code. Not ready to call yet as it doesnt appear thats got a solution so far.

My 2 cents. Thanks carltom46. That made me redo my plist info with clover configurator. I had proper stuff there before, but redoing it got me to the "getting the customer code" message. To me, it indicates we can still get appstore and Icloud with Gen'd serials/ROM/MLB's.

BTW - This is a Mavericks build, not Yosemite.

Yeah, I could have sworn my config plist was okay too, until I actually looked at it. The contact customer code stage is better, as it is the current issue that seems to be with improper MLB and ROM's.

Hi,

I've been hit w/ the recent iMessage Customer Support error thing, but I want to make sure it's actually this issue and not another one that I can solve. I've read up on the main guide that this glitch / bug / thing happens when you get the customer support code "1234-5678-9123" or something like that. My customer support code is 5113-9390-5336, but I still have the other symptoms, as iMessage not working, the customer support code not working, etc etc. Is this still the iMessage Customer Support bug / glitch / thing? Sorry for the basic question, but I just would like to be clarified :D

Cheers!

Confirming that use real Mac info really help to login iMessage and Facetime,without problem for both real and hackintosh device. I know people say stop doing that and it causing blocking from Apple. But actually it is not at all, with a condition that you have to edit every details like in real mac from S/N, UUID, ROM, MLB. Just run iMessage debug on a real mac the clone every info to Clover's hackintosh, it works like a charm.

Confirming that use real Mac info really help to login iMessage and Facetime,without problem for both real and hackintosh device. I know people say stop doing that and it causing blocking from Apple. But actually it is not at all, with a condition that you have to edit every details like in real mac from S/N, UUID, ROM, MLB. Just run iMessage debug on a real mac the clone every info to Clover's hackintosh, it works like a charm.

I think the real problem why it's not recommended is because we don't know what kind of long term damage it will cause.

For example: People start using IDs from real Macs, Apple notices, Apple then decides to add more security which may cause us to never get iMessage/FaceTime to work ever again.

In fact, they may decide to just put an end to Hackintosh's. Right now, it doesn't seem like they care, but if we start duplicating IDs, they might start caring.

Back