Contribute
Register
so it only works if you use a real serial and real MLB? so apple are looking more closely at these values, but that sucks for us without access to any real macs, there must be another way around this....

when you login to imessage ,what do you get?
Unfortunately i get the customer code.
I already "solved" it in calling Apple 2 weeks ago on my previous 10.10 install.
On my actual 10.10 OSX, i used the same IDs settings. I thought it was not going to ask me any new customer code... that is why i am surprised. And disapointed...
I backed up all my previous EFI folder and re-used it on this new install.. unfortunately it is asking the customer code...:banghead:

Unfortunately i get the customer code.
I already "solved" it in calling Apple 2 weeks ago on my previous 10.10 install.
On my actual 10.10 OSX, i used the same IDs settings. I thought it was not going to ask me any new customer code... that is why i am surprised. And disapointed...
I backed up all my previous EFI folder and re-used it on this new install.. unfortunately it is asking the customer code...:banghead:

It's already been said that if you have logged out of iMessage, or reinstalled OS X, in the last week then you're going to get this error and calling Apple won't fix it this time. Apple seems to have changed something. Jaymonkey is looking into it.

Doesn't matter if you're using the same IDs (MLB & ROM) from when iMessage used to work before.

Only way it seems to work now is if you use the MLB from a REAL Mac. I am personally not going to recommend doing this though.

People having this issue should just wait it out and see if somebody comes up with a solution.

anyone know why i keep getting an error during activation?? with iMessage its no longer working for was working yesterday but now its broke again any ideas?? I've had enough tbh I'm considering buying a official mac cause i just want everything to work :(:banghead:

anyone know why i keep getting an error during activation?? with iMessage its no longer working for was working yesterday but now its broke again any ideas?? I've had enough tbh I'm considering buying a official mac cause i just want everything to work :(:banghead:

Read my post right above yours..........

It's already been said that if you have logged out of iMessage, or reinstalled OS X, in the last week then you're going to get this error and calling Apple won't fix it this time. Apple seems to have changed something. Jaymonkey is looking into it.

Doesn't matter if you're using the same IDs (MLB & ROM) from when iMessage used to work before.

Only way it seems to work now is if you use the MLB from a REAL Mac. I am personally not going to recommend doing this though.

People having this issue should just wait it out and see if somebody comes up with a solution.

Thanks a lot. It clarifies everything. Will wait...:beachball:

this is how i activated mine, once u put the correct values you call apple and they unblock it for you! but only works if u have a real mac where to get the board serial number from ! everything else is self generated using the wand

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 2.43.08 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 2.43.08 PM.png
    231.4 KB · Views: 235
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 2.54.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 2.54.41 PM.png
    168.9 KB · Views: 167
@rockinwaggy, @azimuth1, @jsproule899,

Guys many thanks for posting your console imessage logs ... hopefully they will prove useful in my investigations ....

@All,

I could do with a few more logs from other users who have non-working iMessage using generated (not-real) ID's see post #2565

At the moment iMessage is still working for me on all systems which is handy for investigations, i'm working on a friends machine remotely on which imessage is currently not working.

Those of you using real MAC id's on hacks ... I believe the warming in the guide still stands, using ROM & MLB ID's from real Mac has always allow access to iMessage ... however don't clone the ID's across more than one or two machines ... I'm not sure if there is a limit and what it is if there is one, but since Apple do seem to maintain black-lists for OSX S/N's best not to take the risk ....

Once i have a clearer understanding of whats going on i'll post feedback.

Cheers
Jay

right okay would it hurt if i use the MLB from my macbook then? because Im worried that my serial number on my macbook may get blacklisted

Back