Contribute
Register
my iMessage and FaceTime is now alive finally kept the same Serial Number and MLB and ROM the Board serial Number somehow went blank for some strange reason but yeah didn't ask me for a customer code neither its alive finally :headbang:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 02.31.28.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-26 at 02.31.28.png
    263.6 KB · Views: 227
my iMessage and FaceTime is now alive finally kept the same Serial Number and MLB and ROM the Board serial Number somehow went blank for some strange reason but yeah didn't ask me for a customer code neither its alive finally :headbang:

Did you use the mlb and rom from a real mac?

from my sisters iMac yeah she doesn't use it so its just catching dust really so i took the serial number and MLB and ROM off that iMac so

from my sisters iMac yeah she doesn't use it so its just catching dust really so i took the serial number and MLB and ROM off that iMac so

Gotcha. That seems to be the only method now unfortunately.

@All,

Thanks to a BT cock-up I've been off-line since Saturday so have not been able to look into the recent iMessage activation issue, but I'm back on-line now so will try to do some testing in my environment over the next few days to confirm recent reports.

Posts over the last week do seem to suggest that Apple have implemented some changes to their backend ID verification process which is now causing issues for a number of users. I my-self have (so-far) not been effected all six of my Hacks continue to work with iMessage ... all using injected random SmUUID, non-registered but valid OSX S/N, ROM=en0 and MLB=OSX S/N + 5 Random characters ... as per the guide.

I haven't logged out for a few days now on any machine .....

If like me your iMessage is still working .... i suspect that logging out or changing ID's now will result in loss of being able to re-activate iMessage due to the current authenticated token being dropped ....

I'm guessing at this stage but it's possible that Apple are now scrutinising the MLB value much closer .... either its validity and/or checking if it is associated with a registered Apple Device .... suggesting that iMessage only now works on devices officially registered with Apple ? .... it's speculation at the moment but thats the line of investigation i'm following ....

Notes: Really not sure about these recent reports of shortening MLB to 13 digits, since the MLB is burnt into the Logic Board on real MAC's and is 17 digits long i really don't see how this could possible pass Apples verification checks ..... ? unless the recent code changes have introduced a bug in which case that could be the cause of these recent issues ..... so many questions and possibilities ..... here we go again .....

Cheers
Jay

Hey Jay, I used my parent's mac mini 4,1 on Lion 10.7.5 ROM and MLB values. I had my mom run the NVRAM scripts and I converted the ascii characters in the ROM. The MLB was however untouched, as it came through as 13 character. There was no shortening or modification of the length.

I used a random SN in clover and that random SN + random 5 characters for my Board Serial Number and then pasted the real ROM and MLB in the Rt Variables fields in clover configurator.

I have logged in and out with success 2 days and counting. Hope that helps.

Hi there,

I am totally lost... so many different info are troubling me.
I see 3 options now, please tell me if my conclusions are correct:

- fake IDs + never logged into imessage = It wont work
- real mac IDs + never logged into imessage = It will work
- fake IDs + already logged successfully with these IDs = It will work even after a clean reinstall

I mean by IDs, the SMBIOS IDs + ROM + MLB.

My case is the 3rd one, but i can not log in... why?

Thanks for your answer.

all you need is a real serial + MLB and your Mac address will be your ROM.
if you got the above then you try to login to iMessage, if you receive any customer code,just call apple support and tell them the real serial and you are getting the customer code,be brave they cannot get any info.
then apple support will register your apple ID then it will work directly.(no need en0 or delete or smuuid or serialboard or anything else,just only real serial,real MLB, and your Mac address).

Good Luck.

I already called Apple Center on my previous install. It worked. It was 2 weeks ago on a Yosemite fresh install.
Since, i decided to reinstall Yosemite. I kept all my IDs settings but i can not log in. Does it mean that for each fresh install, we will have to call apple even if we keep the IDs?
Thanks

No you dont need to call apple support,if you already saved your MLB and Serial and the ROM.

that how it goes,if you have this three things,don't waste your time to do anything else.

you can check your EFI backup and check your config.plist the one which was working to inject the MLB and ROM and the Serial.

That is my point. I used the EFI backup and I even compared my old and new settings. They are the same for ROM/MLB and serial. But i can not log in...
I check with iMessage_debug and the only different line is the line : oycqAZloTNDm

So i don't think it is as simple as you say...

what line do you mean its change?

and just now i updated clover to r3033 and imessage and Facetime still working

When you run i message debug (you can do it on your hack, it is trouble free) you will note that it will give you many info about the platform (boardID...) but also a line called oycqAZloTNDm at the end...
This is the only line changing... and it could create my problem. not sure.... But i do not know how to "fix" it. HAve you got any idea?

I tried what you said, but I still get a customer service code. Did you get that too before calling?...if so, when u called did you give them your GENERATED serial? Also, is your hackintosh smbios set up as a Macbook Pro just like your real Macbook Pro? I'm thinking mine may not be working because i'm putting a REAL Mid-2010 MacBook Pro mlb into a Hackintosh macbook air 2013 mlb..or maybe i just have to call. Plz help

Yes i got consumer code but this time worked!! i gave security questions and they unlocked my account!

Back