Contribute
Register
I did enter it in the Custom UUID box on the System Parameters page on Clover Configurator instead though.

@P1LGRIM,

Not a good idea, the Custom UUID overides OS/X hardware UUID and it can screw up all of your exsisting ID's.

I don't understand why your getting that error, uuidgen should always generate a valid UUID i tend to repeat the command about 10 times, the more you run uuidgen the more random the result (apparently).

Have you checked that the SmUUID value has been injected by checking the registry location (see part-2)

I'd remove the the Custom UUID (make sure inject SystemId is checked) and re-enter generated uuid on SMBIOS page as SmUUID value.

Cheers
Jay

@P1LGRIM,

Not a good idea, the Custom UUID overides OS/X hardware UUID and it can screw up all of your exsisting ID's.

I don't understand why your getting that error, uuidgen should always generate a valid UUID i tend to repeat the command about 10 times, the more you run uuidgen the more random the result (apparently).

Have you checked that the SmUUID value has been injected by checking the registry location (see part-2)

I'd remove the the Custom UUID (make sure inject SystemId is checked) and re-enter generated uuid on SMBIOS page as SmUUID value.

Cheers
Jay

Just confirmed it on another build.
Search your bdmesg for 'Invalid CustomUUID' to confirm.

Edit : This build has a SmUUID as per the guide and a blank Custom UUID

I dont understand just installed using clover logged with apple id everything working no need fix anything

Just wanted to post that i had the Issues all listed in the guide which ended with the Customer Code issue. I was hesitant in calling them but thought what have i got to lose. I told the adviser that i wrote the code down as i wasnt at home but at work and they just unblocked it straight away. A++ for service no questions asked.

Nog

if you do have this key and string in your plist but the 'Built-in' check box is not ticked then click on the 'eye' icon for the appropriate interface (at the right hand side of each entry), you will be given an EFI string that you can add to your boot.chameleon.org.plist in /Extra, this string is required for correct iMessage operation, for most users the Boot-Loader will identify the correct EFI string and automatically inject it, however in some rare instances this does not work in which case you should manually inject the NIC(s) EFI string(s) identified by DPCIManager.

View attachment 95416
Clover users can add the EFI String to their config.plist or use Clover Configurator and add the EFI string on the devices page.

How do I do it? im using clover but i don't know how to do that...

3. Run as root binary once with --create-golden-data option. This will create the values upon which all future checks are compared against.
Loving the script and wanted to call attention to step 3 for everyone.

I ran into an issue with the script bringing down the network even though everything checked out with -c. This is because I did not run the --create-golden-data option with sudo at the beginning.

This is an example of how it SHOULD be ran:
Code:
Hack-Pro:~ hack$ sudo /Applications/imessage_idcheck --create-golden-data

Without it, the script won't put the golden.data.txt file in the proper location and will bring down the network when ran as a launchdaemon because it can't find the proper file.

Loving the script and wanted to call attention to step 3 for everyone.

I ran into an issue with the script bringing down the network even though everything checked out with -c. This is because I did not run the --create-golden-data option with sudo at the beginning.

This is an example of how it SHOULD be ran:
Code:
Hack-Pro:~ hack$ sudo /Applications/imessage_idcheck --create-golden-data

Without it, the script won't put the golden.data.txt file in the proper location and will bring down the network when ran as a launchdaemon because it can't find the proper file.

Appreciate the feedback. I've updated the post with clearer language and an example. (I should have been more sensitive to that step as I got bit by it myself! :) )

I had the customer code twice. The reason is that I tried to install yosemite on a second hard drive without being cautious. The first time I called, the girl was really kind and helpful. She didn't asked for a serial number. She only asked for my Apple ID and asked for the customer code. I gave her the code and she unlocked iMessage instantly. The second call I have made was different. I first didn't give any details. I only said that I had a problem with iMessage on my computer. The guy asked me for my serial code right away. I told him I wasn't home and I wrote down the customer code. He took almost a 3 seconds break and said "ok then" he sounded like if he was hesitating. I started to play dumb and asked him if he could verify the serial code himself and told me that unfortunately it was impossible. I insisted on the fact that everything was working fine but only iMessage and FaceTime were not working. Then he asked for my Apple ID and told me " I see here that you have an iMac" which is my real Mac so he asked for the customer code and unlocked it. I made my friend call apple for the same reason and the girl was kind and very helpful. I don't think there are any problems at all calling them. They are very kind and very helpful. Even if they ask for a serial number I don't think they need it. Maybe it is only to discourage some people.

Were you able to fix it?

I am having this problem as well. I migrated to Clover, and then upgraded it to Yosemite. Messages.app worked at that point. But soon I discovered that my buddies avatars are not displaying properly. I thought maybe the Messages.app wasn't updating the cache properly. So, I remove all the preferences, caches etc. of the Messages.app using AppCleaner.app.

Now I'm seeing exactly what you are seeing. :banghead:

Changed SmUUID value as instructed in the part-2 of the tutorial. Also followed the instructions on step-4. Any help would be appreciated. :thumbup:

By the way, is it possible to use Gmail account on Messages.app without signing into iCloud account from the Message.app?

Hello guys,
surprisingly my imessage working after made call with Apple for the 2nd times..then manage to reset/unlock my account when i give them the 12 Digit number

I Login imessage successfully but as usualy my contact become not register with imessage (Red Name Contact)

Icloud,facetime,appstore all working as normal..

so how its happen is..i ask my sister facetime me ..He call me through iphone to my hackintosh
after i end call ..Walaa imessage now detecting my sister !

Same goes to my father and brother..IDK how it happen

but i gues it true we need to wait sometimes after apple already reset ur acc..
Or u can try my what ihave experience..

this happen like 1-2 hour after i calling Apple

After a few days off from my home due to going back to village..when i get home..i login message and see now all my contact ar detected as usual..

Hope will help u guys..i just sharing what i have experience..

Thanks
Regards
lordc4an

p/s : sorry for my bad english >.<:banghead:

Hi All

You can now access this guide/thread directly from the 'Guides' dropdown on the websites main menu.
I know a lot of you have been requesting this ... so a big thanks to Tony for listening to your requests.

Cheers
Jay

Back