Contribute
Register
First of all thanks for your post ! It is Excelent ! Really helps ! I got 2 hackintosh working.... except one..

Just one question : It is really necessary the nvram.uuid.plist file creation by Clover ?
I want to know that before calling apple ....

@gubraune,

Thanks for your feedback, nvram.uuid.plist is not required when using Clover only needed by legacy boot loader that use FileNVRAM which does not work under Yosemite ...

As long as your getting the same ID values on each bug (use iMessage Debug) then you should be ok ... go ahead and call Apple and get them to remove the block on your AppleID.

Cheers
Jay

Hey Jay, quick question for you. I've followed your guide to create a working iMessage with Clover using the iMac13,2 smbios. I called and had Apple enable it for me. However, I'm running into some Yosemite issues with using iMac13,2 that are resolved by using Macmini6,2.

Am I safe to use the same values (including serial number) for this smbios? Or am I better off creating new numbers and then calling into Apple to fix it again?

Thanks!

Hey Jay, quick question for you. I've followed your guide to create a working iMessage with Clover using the iMac13,2 smbios. I called and had Apple enable it for me. However, I'm running into some Yosemite issues with using iMac13,2 that are resolved by using Macmini6,2.

Am I safe to use the same values (including serial number) for this smbios? Or am I better off creating new numbers and then calling into Apple to fix it again?

Thanks!

Both Macmini 6,2 and iMac 13,1 S/N start with C0 but the suffix of the S/N will be invalid - please see Part-1, Step 3

Cheers
Jay

Both Macmini 6,2 and iMac 13,1 S/N start with C0 so you might be Ok ....

Cheers
Jay

Thanks for the quick reply.

I should note something interesting. I booted with the Macmini6,2 smbios with new numbers and of course got the customer code. Thinking I was locked out, I kept configuring my yosemite install. Later I decided to go back to iMac13,2 smbios with my old number, and magically I could sign back into iMessage! I didn't even have to call.

So it looks like serial number, MLB, and ROM values are really what matter here.

@gubraune,

Thanks for your feedback, nvram.uuid.plist is not required when using Clover only needed by legacy boot loader that use FileNVRAM which does not work under Yosemite ...

As long as your getting the same ID values on each bug (use iMessage Debug) then you should be ok ... go ahead and call Apple and get them to remove the block on your AppleID.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay for your Help ! Nice Job !! Awesome !

Thanks Jay... Switched to Clover and made a phone call to Apple support to unlock my Hack and I'm all working.

I'm always grateful to people who put in the time to help the community out like this..

Hello Jay !

i run a GA Z77 UD5H as mobo in my hackmac
you run the same model in one of yours
will I have to worry over the SID bug ?

@keypox,

One or more of your ID's is either an invalid syntax or black listed ... or is not matching the ID's you originally registered with .. Check all ID's again and Check Persistence of NVRAM values. See All of Step 5 in the guide.

Cheers
Jay

Thank you for the reply.

I suspect my problem has to do with updating from Mavericks without getting old ID's. Can I regenerate or do I have to get my old valves from Mavericks (maybe not possible as time machine backup doesn't seem to work with Yosemite via ubuntu server)

Both Macmini 6,2 and iMac 13,1 S/N start with C0 so you might be Ok ....

Cheers
Jay

Jay,

just a simple question: this method is valid only for upgrading from an already working configuration (regarding iMessage!) ?

I'm asking this because in the past weekend I built up a new Z97 rig with Clover and Yose but iMessage was not working at all :( ... and all what I got was a generic message to check my network. But SystemID, UUID, MLB, ROM and all that stuff was in the right place but, of course, they all were newly generated ...

Jay,

just a simple question: this method is valid only for upgrading from an already working configuration (regarding iMessage!) ?

I'm asking this because in the past weekend I built up a new Z97 rig with Clover and Yose but iMessage was not working at all :( ... and all what I got was a generic message to check my network. But SystemID, UUID, MLB, ROM and all that stuff was in the right place but, of course, they all were newly generated ...

yeah i have same question. I think its for upgrading only. It mentions towards the beginning of the guide that it is recommended getting mav to work first. But I'm not sure if its the ONLY way. It seems to me that yosemite does not give the error and error code to call support. So you gotta get that done first in mavs. However maybe a phone call could work directly from yosemite.

Edit: Got mine working via restore mavs, then grabbed those numbers

Back