Contribute
Register
It's cat and mouse where if you then put in the one the system says it is into config and reboot, alas another new number is created.

Put one in the smUUID and a different one in the

<key>SystemParameters</key>...<key>CustomUUID</key>

If smUUID and CustomUUID are different THEN smUUID becomes your HardwareUUID and will not change.

I have called apple to fix my account and i have been able to successfully log into iMessage...

however for some reason i cannot seem to be able to send messages... my contacts who really have Imessage activated don't seem to show on my computer.. really weird. it always fails to send messages and prompts me with "this user / tel number is not registered with iMessage"... what can i do to fix this problem?

FaceTime though works! including iCloud and App Store... just messages...

hope you guys can help

I just got mine working as well. I switched from Chimera 4 to Clover. I didn't want to call Apple again with another fake ID so I spoofed my info from my Air into the .plist.

This was invaluable to get the spoofing right:

7qTJoke.png

I also had to use the RtVariables to inject the ROM and not let it build it from the last digits of the smUUID. That didn't work at all even with all the other info correct.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be filling in my message history. I tried moving over the dbs from the Air but it was flaky when I restarted. Are there any tips on making iMessage fill in your past conversations?

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I actually got iMessage working use this guide and calling apple with the contact code. Support was helpful and it was very easy minus the 25 minute wait. What's interesting is that my IOPlatformUUID was auto-generated by Clover as I don't have anything in the CustomUUID field. However, in the SMUUID field, I have do have my previous UUID with the last 6 bytes comprised of my MAC and in turn is my ROM value. It seems to work but it'll be interesting to fix if anything breaks in the future (such as my UUID changing which is NOT the case on any reboot thus far).

View attachment imessage_debug.zip
They aren't allowing fake machines to access their service. I have messages working under clover now using my "real" iMac ROM/MLB/SERIAL/UUID .. I am, however, faking the rest of the info to be a Mac Pro. It is a mixed clover configuration. My hackymac thinks it is a Mac Pro but messages grabs the legit values i used in clover for my iMac and allows me to log in.

It works for me. If you have a real mac, use those values, just do this.. you'll save yourself a lot of headache. I will be surprised if apple allows people to even call in any more to activate their macs without a legit machine. I am shocked that they allowed others here to call in a bogus request.

Thank you so much for this, I was suffering from "phone number" is not registered with imessage

followed STEP 4 FROM THIS GUIDE FIRST!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

Then ran imessage debug utility on my late 2008 macbook and added the values for steps 7 and 8 of LEXONES edit in the comments into my config.plist.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

I then restarted and presto, after logging into imessage i was able to send and receive both imessage and sms.

My problem was that i didnt run imessage debug on my hackintosh when imessage was working on mavericks. So when i did a FRESH INSTALL of chimera and then installed clover over it i was without the needed information. EVEN BOOTING FROM MY CLONED MAVERICKS IMAGE i could not log into imessage or get rom or mlb info from imessage debug. (I belive its because i installed nvram on the partition i did the clean install over and it never was cloned properly.) So i used clover configurator to generate smbios as well as the rt variables. Opening imessage after doing this gave me the please call apple, which i did and they enabled imessage, or so i thought. So after playing around for a day i ran across your post and im happy to say that i am up and running.

My ONLY remaining gripe is that (besides needing to buy a new bluetooth module for handoff is now my ABOUT THIS MAC is reporting that im running a 2008 macbook and not mac pro. (When i entered the genuine values in clover i removed all generated ones except for product name which is MacPro3,1) i dont know if there is any way to hack clover to think my machine is a mac pro without ruining imessage? any help would be great but just being able to send messages without having to reach for my phone is enough for now.

If smUUID and CustomUUID are different THEN smUUID becomes your HardwareUUID and will not change.

I honestly don't know if I'm happier with this information or your Forum Avatar Pic (LMAO amazing!!!) :)

Will try it tomorrow morning and see if it works.

Just to clarify, on my other system that already registered with iCloud.... If I place my SmUUID from that system into that field and use a compiled SmUUID by clover and place it in the customUUID, It should maintain my original SmUUID and shouldn't change my transfered Rom or MLB correct? Therefore being good to go with verification. TIA :)

I honestly don't know if I'm happier with this information or your Forum Avatar Pic (LMAO amazing!!!) :)

Just to clarify, on my other system that already registered with iCloud.... If I place my SmUUID from that system into that field and use a compiled SmUUID by clover and place it in the customUUID, It should maintain my original SmUUID and shouldn't change my transfered Rom or MLB correct? Therefore being good to go with verification. TIA :)

Did a bit of testing yesterday took out my cable and everything, inserted the values.. rebooted 10 times at least.. i can confirm this:

when smUUID field is left blank in Clover (at least on my rig) i have persistent values, on booth ROM,MLB,HW UUID and System-UUID..

When testing after 10 reboots i found out the following:

iCloud works, Facetime logs in, iMessage logs in (no msg sync, can't send or receive iMessage) when paired with my phone i can send SMS, through relay.

There must be something im missing or doing wrong. :banghead:

I believe that is correct. I had to use RTVariables since I was using a "stolen" ROM from my own machine and without RTVariables the ROM wouldn't be right.

Keep using imessage_debug until you get it all set and good luck!

Did a bit of testing yesterday took out my cable and everything, inserted the values.. rebooted 10 times at least.. i can confirm this:

when smUUID field is left blank in Clover (at least on my rig) i have persistent values, on booth ROM,MLB,HW UUID and System-UUID..

When testing after 10 reboots i found out the following:

iCloud works, Facetime logs in, iMessage logs in (no msg sync, can't send or receive iMessage) when paired with my phone i can send SMS, through relay.

There must be something im missing or doing wrong. :banghead:

I´m in the same position, any help would be appreciated.:)

@ALL,

The Custom UUID in System Parameters is there to override OSX automatically generated Hardware (platform) UUID.

Ideally you should only need to put your existing SystemId (SmUUID) in the SMUUID field on the SMBIOS page. OSX should then automatically generate the same Hardware (platform) UUID as you had before which is easy to check with iMessage Debug. Part-2 of the guide deals with this subject in more detail. (ensure that Inject SystemId is checked)

Always try and use all your exsisting ID's - See post #1762

Since the Hardware (platform) UUID is a crypto value generated by using the SystemId (SMUUID) as a key value in OSX it may be important that the two UUID's are related correctly.

Using 'Custom UUID' should be considered a last resort, as it over-rides OSX's code to generate the Hardware UUID. Personally I've never had to use it as in every case (six machines so far) specifying SmUUID works just like the legacy plist SystemId injection method (as detailed in part-2, Step-7 of the guide). Its possible that some users may have to resort to this but i think its very unlikely in most cases and i'm really not sure if its a good idea or not.

I'll add a bit more info to the guide to clarify this as i think some users are getting confused between the SmUUID and The Hardware UUID.

The reports of 'Apple are no longer allowing non-legit ID's' is complete rubbish and should be ignored, do not resort to using cloned or leached ID's .. it can only end badly ...

Cheers
Jay

my iCloud signed out cause i changed my password I'm using clover and i get a customer code given apple the customer code and the customer code keeps coming up any ideas? iMessage was working before i changed my password I'm stuck

Back