Contribute
Register
Generally if you can sign into iMessage you can sign into FaceTime. So your answer would be Yes.

Hum it's weird. I use to have iMessage working (i'm still 10.9.5) and in the mid september (i was not the only one) it stopped working. When i enter my password it search and after a few sec tells me it didn't work.
But, FaceTime is still working perfectly...
I didn't install Yosemite yet, but is iCloud also linked to iMessage "working tricks"? I use a lot iCloud today for my keynote presentation to be able to present without my computer in the cloud. I "manually" upload the file, but i suppose Yosemite allow you to directly save them from Keynote to iCloud. Well if i have to still upload them manually it's not really a problem, but FaceTime could be one :(

i switched to clover and now this is the error i have, what should i do? shall i contact apple to fix it?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.35.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 11.35.06 PM.png
    31.6 KB · Views: 77
You were always using values. they were auto generated based on your motherboards System UUID and your macs serial. that's what generates them. You weren't using CUSTOM values. you don't actually need to always use custom values unless your system has the UUID bug described in guide. With clover you are migrating the numbers you pulled using imessage_debug under 10.9, so that they match and you don't lock out your account and have to call apple cause you changed serial or system UUID (and thus rom and MLB will auto generate new values).

For clover, and for safety most actually hard code all the proper values to ensure they never change, period. However, if they aren't there, and as long as you don't have system UUID bug, and your serial isn't changing, it may still work even if the lines are blank, as long as the auto generated values aren't changing on reboot. For sanity purposes though I recommend just putting all the values in anyways and ENSURING they never change.

+1 to this! Mystic, you are right in line with where I am and trying to go with this. Minus the couple people that are coming into this forum that haven't caught up on the issue or are just switching to Clover without reading up first, everyone else in this conversation is at this point.

Most of us are seeing either a fresh install / update where no matter what, the UUID changes every boot if you put something in SmUUID (be it your old UUID, a compiled from directly from clover boot, or if you put in the compiled one in the field and reboot it will change it in the system however in you config plist it still says the one you put in there. This is confirmed using both text wrangler and configurator as config editing. It's cat and mouse where if you then put in the one the system says it is into config and reboot, alas another new number is created.

I posted on the Clover forum about this and here's the thing.... if this is a bug and everyone is switching over to clover, then there is going to be a MASSIVE amount of flags. Let's be honest, Apple is stepping up their privacy and customer protection and after their alleged breach (iCloud hack) that made national news, they would be smart to not allow cloning / mimicking of potential information.

I am currently using Gigabyte 7 series intel board with the issue, also seen some 6's. Reports of Asus as well. Im also using 2593 clover (believe) current on Clover however also tried a newer beta with same result. I have not tried to use an older version yet as I would rather get some concrete evidence before cooking up OS builds like pizzas at this point.

I believe that all we can do is wait until people with the proper information can figure out what's causing it.

Has anyone been able to figure out why some of us can only send SMS but not iMessage?

Well now I'm stumped. I've followed the directions as stated- I even generated a new s/n as suggested (one that wasn't in use). Called in again- got the same answer- there's no Block or Lock on my account. Works fine on my iPad, just not on my hack. Is my only option to reinstall and do all the steps as suggested without a net connection?

I posted on the Clover forum about this and here's the thing.... if this is a bug and everyone is switching over to clover, then there is going to be a MASSIVE amount of flags. Let's be honest, Apple is stepping up their privacy and customer protection and after their alleged breach (iCloud hack) that made national news, they would be smart to not allow cloning / mimicking of potential information.

I am currently using Gigabyte 7 series intel board with the issue, also seen some 6's. Reports of Asus as well. Im also using 2593 clover (believe) current on Clover however also tried a newer beta with same result. I have not tried to use an older version yet as I would rather get some concrete evidence before cooking up OS builds like pizzas at this point.

I believe that all we can do is wait until people with the proper information can figure out what's causing it.

They aren't allowing fake machines to access their service. I have messages working under clover now using my "real" iMac ROM/MLB/SERIAL/UUID .. I am, however, faking the rest of the info to be a Mac Pro. It is a mixed clover configuration. My hackymac thinks it is a Mac Pro but messages grabs the legit values i used in clover for my iMac and allows me to log in.

It works for me. If you have a real mac, use those values, just do this.. you'll save yourself a lot of headache. I will be surprised if apple allows people to even call in any more to activate their macs without a legit machine. I am shocked that they allowed others here to call in a bogus request.

My system works great with the chimera boot loader on Yosemite with the exception of iMessage of course. I tried switching to clover to resolve the iMessage issue and although it installs and boots just fine I am having a issue where clover does not seem to be reading the data in config.plist. It generates its own values for system profile and no matter what I put in the config.plist using clover configurator it does not seem to be injected into the boot loader so I am unable to insert my UUID/SN/MLB/ROM that worked previously in Mavericks. Clover won't even use the specified theme in config.sys, it seems to just ignore that data in this file.

Anyone know why clover would refuse to read and use the data in config.plist?

My system works great with the chimera boot loader on Yosemite with the exception of iMessage of course. I tried switching to clover to resolve the iMessage issue and although it installs and boots just fine I am having a issue where clover does not seem to be reading the data in config.plist. It generates its own values for system profile and no matter what I put in the config.plist using clover configurator it does not seem to be injected into the boot loader so I am unable to insert my UUID/SN/MLB/ROM that worked previously in Mavericks. Clover won't even use the specified theme in config.sys, it seems to just ignore that data in this file.

Anyone know why clover would refuse to read and use the data in config.plist?

Did you install Clover as an EFI Boot or legacy. If you did an EFI install you may need to mount the EFI volume and change the config.plist in the EFI folder there. easiest way is to use clover configurator, go to MOUNT EFI ... Check partitions... make note of the disk/partition number.. then use the mount EFI partition button.

i follow this thread to set the SMBios.
first time.
my iMessage was locked by Apple, i have to call apple support to unlock it. the serial number actually was generated by clover, however, the apple unlocked my iMessage :) i can login my account, BUT i Can Not Send / Receive iMessage. i checked the system.log, there is some error returned like " this application is not permitted to access iCloud".

second time.
i have a real macbook air (2011 model), i cloned its SMid, serial number everything i can to my hackintosh. unfortunately, my iMessage was locked again.... BUT the iMessage on my MBA (real mac) still works fine... i log in / out , send / receive , no any problem at all...it's weird and interesting.

anyway, i have to call apple support in tomorrow to unlock iMessage account, but honestly, i do not know what should i say....

update

my iMessage works fine after apple unlocked my account :) i can send / receive iMessage / SMS / iMessage Audio on hackintosh :)

I just got mine working as well. I switched from Chimera 4 to Clover. I didn't want to call Apple again with another fake ID so I spoofed my info from my Air into the .plist.

This was invaluable to get the spoofing right:

7qTJoke.png

I also had to use the RtVariables to inject the ROM and not let it build it from the last digits of the smUUID. That didn't work at all even with all the other info correct.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be filling in my message history. I tried moving over the dbs from the Air but it was flaky when I restarted. Are there any tips on making iMessage fill in your past conversations?

Back