Contribute
Register
@All,

Please stick to posting issues related to iMessage .....

As stated in the guide and in multiple posts over the last few pages, if your not running Clover you wont be able to use iMessage in OSX 10.10, your just going to have to bite the bullet and make the leap ...

Those of you not using clover and have already tried to get OS X 10.10 working, I suggest that you go back to your 10.9.x backup and get Mavericks working with Clover first, that way you'll reduce the amount of issues you have to deal with in one go as your working with a known good build.

If you don't understand how EFI booting differs from legacy booting then it might be worth reading up on that first before installing Clover, try starting with this guide here.

Once you have Clover working use the Clover tips in each section of the guide to resolve iMessage issues such as Sid bug and non persistent ROM & MLB values ... etc, if you had already fixed all of the issues using the older methods you can use all of your existing ID's with Clover which should reduce any device changes be detected by Apple.

I know a lot of you are going to be going through a learning phase while switching over to Clover but please try and keep this thread to iMessage related posts, there are plenty of other threads that deal specifically with the installation and configuration of Clover.

I've updated the start of the guide with further information relating to OSX 10.10 and iMessage.

Cheers
Jay

Thanks Jay!

Quick Question... can I install Yosemite using Uni/Multibeast first and then later install Clover without any issues? Or is it best to use Clover from the get go for a cleaner install?

Thanks!

@All,
I know a lot of you are going to be going through a learning phase while switching over to Clover but please try and keep this thread to iMessage related posts, there are plenty of other threads that deal specifically with the installation and configuration of Clover.

Is there a thread you'd recommend? I'm still perusing through the page you linked to describing the differences between BIOS and EUFI and it's starting to make my head spin.

Thanks!

Thanks Jay!

Quick Question... can I install Yosemite using Uni/Multibeast first and then later install Clover without any issues? Or is it best to use Clover from the get go for a cleaner install?

Thanks!

I always use Unibeast for installing OSX , i've had a few issues creating Clover Based usb installers in the past, seems to be a bit hit and miss. Latest Unibeast works very well for Yosemite.

No need to do a clean install if you have a good Mavericks Install so get Clover working first with your existing OSX 10.9.5 install, once your happy its working make a new backup.

Then create normal Unibest OSX installer using latest Unibeast
Boot from Unibeast USB and install OSX, select existing Mavericks install as target
After Install keep Unibeast USB inserted and boot from Unibeast to boot new OSX 10.10
Run Multibeast and Install New FakeSMC, Ethernet, Audio .. etc
Mount EFI partition, run clover configurator and check kext-dev-mode option, CMD-S to save
Remove USB
Repair Parmissions
Reboot
Check ID's using iMessage Debug
Done

Cheers
Jay

I took your advice jay monkey and switched from Chameleon to Clover. It took a few hours, but it wasn't too bad. Everything works with my new boot loader except iMessage!

I had iMessage working with FileNVRAM/Chameleon/Mavericks. Unfortunately, I did not store my ROM/SN/MLB values prior to switching to Yosemite/Clover so I had to create new values.

Thanks to your guide, my new values (S/N, ROM, MLB, Board S/N, etc.) all stay persistent throughout boots.

BUT, when I try to log into iMessage (after repairing disk permissions of course), I still get the dreaded:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/images/attach/png.gif

What's happening? Again, I had iMessage working in Mavericks but I messed up and forgot to save my MLB/ROM/SN values.

MY SPECS:
i7-2600K Sandy Bridge, ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Clover, GeForce GTX 560Ti.

Can anyone help me out?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 10.40.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 10.40.49 AM.png
    61 KB · Views: 97
I did too, Yosemite with Clover, and just got iMessage to work after having Apple Support call, giving them my customer code. :headbang:

Now, time to get my speakers working.....

I'm jealous! I have my audio working, though. :)

Did you transfer your old ROM/MLB/S/N to Yosemite?

I took your advice jay monkey and switched from Chameleon to Clover. It took a few hours, but it wasn't too bad. Everything works with my new boot loader except iMessage!

I had iMessage working with FileNVRAM/Chameleon/Mavericks. Unfortunately, I did not store my ROM/SN/MLB values prior to switching to Yosemite/Clover so I had to create new values.

Thanks to your guide, my new values (S/N, ROM, MLB, Board S/N, etc.) all stay persistent throughout boots.

BUT, when I try to log into iMessage (after repairing disk permissions of course), I still get the dreaded:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/images/attach/png.gif

What's happening? Again, I had iMessage working in Mavericks but I messed up and forgot to save my MLB/ROM/SN values.

MY SPECS:
i7-2600K Sandy Bridge, ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Clover, GeForce GTX 560Ti.

Can anyone help me out?

Make sure your mac serial number is valid here https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

I was getting the same message you were, then put a valid SN in there, then I was getting the error message that I had to call customer support. After I called customer support they fixed the activation lock on their side, and I was then able to login to iMessage/Facetime.

Make sure your mac serial number is valid here https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

I was getting the same message you were, then put a valid SN in there, then I was getting the error message that I had to call customer support. After I called customer support they fixed the activation lock on their side, and I was then able to login to iMessage/Facetime.

Hm, none of the S/Ns I entered in that URL worked. I'm using Clover Configurator's 'Magic Wand' feature to generate the S/Ns.

Hello,
I installed Yosemite over Mavericks and I can't get iMessage working. I have upgraded to Clover and I've tried everything - I changed the serial numerous times, checked with iMessage debug, entered the correct numbers in Clover configurator... I just can't make it work - it says it is not possible to activate. I'm kind of noob at this point, since it is my first time using Clover, so I was wondering if you guys could help me cause iMessage is a important thing for me to have. Thanks

Back