Contribute
Register
any news on update for FileNVRAM I'm stuck with no iMessage in Yosemite :beachball:

jbamford,

Time to use your reading knowledge in Post #1. At the moment there is no fix using FileNVRam.

I didn't save my ROM and MLB from Chimera before switching to Clover. Could that be the problem? Is there any way I can retrieve those?

@odds,

Check your SystemId UUID - see part 2 of the guide and check for Sid bug, inject new SMUUID via clover if necessary.

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey

Hey Jay, thanks for the reply.

I checked my IODeviceTree:/efi/platform/system-id and it is indeed okay. My motherboard Asus P8P67 Deluxe DOES NOT suffer from the SId bug in my case. That's good!

After initially installing Yosemite and Clover, I injected a new SmUUID as generated with uuidgen. During this time, I also randomly generated a new S/N using Clover's 'Magic Wand' interface.

What am I doing wrong? I still receive the "Problem with activation" problem when I attempt to login to iMessage.

EDIT: I successfully injected yet another UUID using uuidgen and Clover Configurator. Same problem: Activation error.

Last edited:
Stuck on Clover Boot Manager

After having used Clover Configurator to inject a UUID, I rebooted and now get stuck on the Clover Boot Manager screen. I'm unable to move or launch the green selector (keyboard, mouse don't respond to commands).

I also tried booting from a master boot record USB that contains Unibeast, but now the machine isn't recognizing the USB drive nor does it show up as a possible boot option in my BIOS.

I'm at that moment when you get a really sinking feeling.

Can anyone give me some insight on a solution?

After having used Clover Configurator to inject a UUID, I rebooted and now get stuck on the Clover Boot Manager screen. I'm unable to move or launch the green selector (keyboard, mouse don't respond to commands).

I also tried booting from a master boot record USB that contains Unibeast, but now the machine isn't recognizing the USB drive nor does it show up as a possible boot option in my BIOS.

I'm at that moment when you get a really sinking feeling.

Can anyone give me some insight on a solution?

Ouch, that's too bad Rykros. You'll be back up in no time, though. Make sure you have Legacy USB support enabled in your BIOS/UEFI (firmware). Also, make sure eHCI Handoff is Enabled as well as Intel Virtualization Technology. I'm not an expert; I recommend you check out the BIOS/UEFI part of tonymacx86's latest Installation Guide. Maybe that will help your USB problem.

As far as your mouse/keyboard problems: make sure both peripherals are plugged into either PS/2 ports or USB 2.0 ports. USB 3.0 ports sometimes don't work (don't ask me why).

Good luck.

S/n selection

Hi , jay monkey,

I read in a post of another section that some people who are building the customac inside an old mac case reuse the original mac serial number.

Is is it a good idea using the original serial number of a powermac g4 with a system definition of an iMac 14.2 ? Thanks

i really appreciate your work well written. And very easy to follow

Hi , jay monkey .... I read in a post of another section that some people who are building the customac inside an old mac case reuse the original mac serial number ..... Is is it a good idea using the original serial number of a powermac g4 with a system definition of an iMac 14.2

@valdagno,

It would certainly help if you ever had too call Apple as you could register the G4 S/N to yourself but it could lead also lead to masive confusion ... for instance if you called Apple Support and gave the S/N and then gave them a iMessage Customer Code .... as S/N is tied to old G4 MAC which iMessage does not run on .... and yet System Type would be identified as an 2012 iMac 27" .... so you would expect Apple to question everything .... as it would not make any sense to them.

Not sure if that answers your question or not ... :rolleyes:

Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey

Hey Jay, thanks for the reply.

I checked my IODeviceTree:/efi/platform/system-id and it is indeed okay. My motherboard Asus P8P67 Deluxe DOES NOT suffer from the SId bug in my case. That's good!

@odds,

Ok, if not Sid bug and ID's are ok and Persistent,

• Check verified Apple ID and Password reset (maybe) - See Part-1, Step-1
  • Check BCD Names and NIC's are flagged as built in - See Part-1, Step-2
  • Check S/N starts with the correct 2 digits for the system type - See Part-1, Step-3
  • Try reseting iMessage setup data - See Part-1, Step-4
Cheers
Jay

@jaymonkey - Although I've been rocking Hackintosh for about two years now, I've never explored Clover and now that I'm all setup with Yosemite + Chimera 4.0, I'm nervous about screwing something up. Is there a rock solid guide for an idiot like myself and are there any downsides that I should be aware of (aside from bricking my machine) in making the switch?

@jaymonkey - Although I've been rocking Hackintosh for about two years now, I've never explored Clover and now that I'm all setup with Yosemite + Chimera 4.0, I'm nervous about screwing something up. Is there a rock solid guide for an idiot like myself and are there any downsides that I should be aware of (aside from bricking my machine) in making the switch?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html

The fact that Clover is still pretty much a beta product leaves me leary. Sounds like I'm better off waiting for the smart guys on this site to revise the NVRam workaround for iMessages/FaceTime using Chimera.

Back