Contribute
Register
Had the total lock out problem in iMessage and FaceTime on a new Clover install. Followed this guide, got to Part 2, Step 8. Was still a bit worried about calling Apple but did it anyway. It took less than a minute to get through to a human being, which was impressive. The man I spoke to was very helpful and after I'd given him my Customer Code he fixed the problem in about 30 seconds and waited for me to log in to check it had worked. He didn't even ask for a serial number!

@MattMcHackit83,

Glad the guide worked for you and your sorted, thanks for the feedback.

Cheers
Jay

@iyeow,

Best bet is to start with the earlier versions first, don't assume that the latest kext/driver is the best - I have suffered poor LAN performance and lock-ups using the latest versions of Intel, Atheros and RealTek drivers.

Changing kext's for your on-board NIC's will not effect iMessage as long as the BSD names are correct (see Part-1, Step-2 of the guide), so you can easily try different versions.

Cheers
Jay

Thank you

Thank you so much for this exhaustive thread.

It seemed to matter what I did, after every reboot, the nvram.plist file in the extra folder would reset back the invalid UUID (mostly 0's)

I believe only after I updated the Chameleon bootloader with Chameleon Wizard would it hold. Even then, I had to manually rename the nvram.plist file with the UUID listed inside that file.

I then received the 'contact iMessage support' and I did. Gave them the serial attached to my Hackintosh and the guy asked for the customer code and then said I should be able to log in. No hassle at all from Apple. Too many iPhone 6 calls to deal with, I suppose.

Now it works!

I'm using a Gigabyte z68xp-ud3 is that offers any help to anyone.

Hi Jay. Just wanted to ask a question that I haven't seen anywhere. Is it possible to switch SMBioses down the road, but to inject mlb, rom, and uuid values to keep Apple happy? I know serial would have to change, so maybe it would be problematic.

For example, if I were to switch from Mac Pro 3,1 to iMac 14,2, would I need to go through this whole process over again (as in calling Apple)? I'm sure the system would notice and get pissy (show a customer code).

Hi Jay. Just wanted to ask a question that I haven't seen anywhere. Is it possible to switch SMBioses down the road, but to inject mlb, rom, and uuid values to keep Apple happy? I know serial would have to change, so maybe it would be problematic.

For example, if I were to switch from Mac Pro 3,1 to iMac 14,2, would I need to go through this whole process over again (as in calling Apple)? I'm sure the system would notice and get pissy (show a customer code).

@rockinwaggy,

Changing any of the ID's will cause both id-miss matches and your system to have multiple personalities on Apples systems. If it where me and i had to have multiple OSX configurations for a single machine then change all of the ID's for each configuration:-

• SmUUiID (SystemId)
  • OSX S/N
  • System Type
  • MLB
  • ROM
Also, if you have more than one ethernet port then use one for config-1 and the other for config-2, and set your DHCP server to assign a different IP address to each port, set the ROM value to the port's MAC address for each config.

This way you should avoid any ID miss-match security checks, as long as you change everything and the ID always remain the same for each config (IE: Persistent MLB & ROM) then as far as Apple is concerned you only have two MAC devices.

Cheers
Jay

Thank you so much for this exhaustive thread .... No hassle at all from Apple. Too many iPhone 6 calls to deal with, I suppose.

Now it works!

I'm using a Gigabyte z68xp-ud3 is that offers any help to anyone.

@cl00s0,

Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad that the guide worked for you. Can you confirm if your mobo suffered from the SId bug ?, IE did you have to inject 128Bit SmUUID, if so please let me know so i can update the list in Part-2 of the guide.

Cheers
Jay

i tired the above but i couldn't fix it, so i called apple support and they seem to know i had a problem for a while. they fixed it 30s no questions asked. would love to know what it was they fix tho. thanks for the above help tho

@ jaymonkey

hello I change my serial number, but the number of MLB and ROM remains the same
I think it is unique and true random depending on the computer

even if I changed the serial number iMessage still works I think the authorization that gives apple and when the name is based solely on the MLB and ROM

Wow you never guess what my issue was with not being able to login.

I was getting the activation error. And after going through Part 1 + Part 2 of this guide a number of times I almost gave up.

I had two drives with Mavericks in my Mac, my everyday drive and a cloned drive. The cloned had its own version of Chimera and Extra folder etc...

When I deleted the extra folder from the cloned drive and rebooted into my normal Mac drive I received the Contact Support message. That was a couple of days I'm not going to get back. :p

Back