Contribute
Register
@pkdesign,

Thats good to know, I'll add that bit of info to Step 4 of the guide, it may not actually be necessary to remove the Messages folder in the first place but it seemed logical at the time i was researching and experimenting while i was writing the guide.

Cheers
Jay

You may also want to add a bit of info alerting people who boot from USB thumbdrives that the nvram.xx.plist is not created on the thumbdrive. Not sure if this is a bug in FileNVRAM or what.

Thank you for the guide Jay! Helped me work out issues with CodeMachine (in signature). Wasn't much, just needed a valid S/N and to call Apple to get my Apple ID unblocked.

Now I am working on Gerty (in signature). iMessage stopped working a few months ago.

I believe the SystemID and MLB are correct. SystemID is 16 x 2 digits, all numeric. MLB is 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8838C14:MLB G8944B4EJ4B22XN (This is not even close to my S/N number).

The ROM needs to be fixed: 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8838C14:ROM <00000000 00000000 00000000 00>

Lastly, how do I verify my nvram.xx.plist is valid? I have read your posts, and many of the comments and I just don't see a clear way on how to verify it being good.
I am not sure which version of FileNVRAM.dylib I had but I replaced with with 1.13 (since I am using Chimera 3.0+)
Can I just delete the file and reboot?

SystemID is 16 x 2 digits, all numeric. MLB is 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8838C14:MLB G8944B4EJ4B22XN (This is not even close to my S/N number).

The ROM needs to be fixed: 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8838C14:ROM <00000000 00000000 00000000 00>

Lastly, how do I verify my nvram.xx.plist is valid? I have read your posts, and many of the comments and I just don't see a clear way on how to verify it being good.

@Draven,

First delete nvram.uuid.plist in /Extra see Part-1, Step-5e

To verify the new nvram.uuid.plist first take a look at 'uuid' in the file name, it should match your SmUUID - See 'UUID Summary' in part 2 of the guide eventually it should be the same value as:-

IORegistry: IODeviceTree : efi / platform / system-id

To Verify the contents of nvram you can use the Terminal Command 'nvarm -x -p' which will show you the contents but encoded in Base64 or use iMessage Debug which will convert the important values into hexadecimal - see Part-1, Step 5d.

if your nvram.uuid.plist is ok then then run iMessage Debug again and check that first 12 digits of MLB match your new S/N, MLB should be 17 digits in total so ensure that last 5 digits of MLB remain the same on each boot.

Finally If ROM is still zeros then manually inject en0 MAC address as new ROM Value - See Part 1,Step 5d

Reboot a few times and check again, if both ROM & MLB are persistent then you should be good to go

Cheers
Jay

You may also want to add a bit of info alerting people who boot from USB thumbdrives that the nvram.xx.plist is not created on the thumbdrive. Not sure if this is a bug in FileNVRAM or what.

@pkdesign,

Its a limitation imposed by the way FileNVRAM works, I've amended Part-1, Step 5c of the guide to clarify the importance of installing FileNVRAM on your OSX Start-up drive.

Cheers
Jay

After following all the steps from the guide (changed NVram and generating a new serial number from chameleon) I finally manage to receive a notification saying that I need to contact the support and provide them with a customer code.
"George" from the Apple support team was extremely helpful and now my iMessage is back in the game.

What do I need to store right now so that I am backed up in case of future failure?

Thank you all in advance.

After following all the steps from the guide (changed NVram and generating a new serial number from chameleon) I finally manage to receive a notification saying that I need to contact the support and provide them with a customer code.
"George" from the Apple support team was extremely helpful and now my iMessage is back in the game.

What do I need to store right now so that I am backed up in case of future failure?

Thank you all in advance.

@Alexandro,

Glad your up and running, just keep a copy of your /Extra folder somewhere ... its got all the relevant files and ID's should you ever need them in the future - or decide to update to Clover.

Cheers
Jay

Thank you jaymonkey!

@Alexandro,

I recommend that you keep an eye of your MLB & ROM values (use iMessage Debug) ..... since Z77-UD5H BIOS suffers from the Sid bug it can be difficult to resolve both problems (Sid Bug AND Persistent MLB & ROM values) if it looks like ROM or MLB is changing then you may get the AppleID block again. See Part-1, Step-5d for advice - (Best solution is Clover)

Cheer
Jay

Cheers Jay,
Will keep an eye on it.
Thanks again.

Back